Done Happy Negative Marriage ch 02 phrasing help

scrubb

Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 5, 2009
Messages
30
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I'm going back through my translation of this chapter to clean up a bunch of mistakes I made the first time through, but Amazume's style can be hard to follow because thoughts and dialogue are often broken up into many small chunks and strewn all over the page.

Anyway, on pg 12-14, there's a sequences of boxes that express two or three thoughts the male lead is having. I'm having some trouble with a couple parts. Here's the text of the boxes. (// separates boxes)

pg 12
...あれ?//オレ...//あれ?オレ今//女の人とちゃんと//談笑して...//...い...る//オレが?...オレ...//いつのまにオレ...
pg 13
...違うな//秋緒さんが//合わせてくれてる...んだ//彼女が...こんなオレに//今まで女の人と...
pg 14
こんな感じ一度だって...

1) Where does 違う go? Is it an interjection ("That's not it."), or is it describing Akio-san ("Akio-san sure is different.")?

2) What exactly does 合わせてくれている mean here? 合わせる has SO many meanings. Is that box a complete sentence or does it join with the previous? Right now I have it as "That's not it. // Akio-san // is here with me...after all." but I'm not convinced that's right. It could also be "...Akio-san // sure is different. // She is here with me...after all." What say ye?

Raws for this chapter may be found here

Thanks for your help.

-S
 

Unproductive

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2009
Messages
88
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
違うな。。。-"that can't be it" idea

合わせてくれてるー"Is playing along / following my lead" idea
 
Top