Hasa Diga Eebowai

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Yup, you sure do. Episode 12 was better than 13, but it's still worth watching.

Does anyone who reads this watch the HBO show Girls? It's so weird and awesome. I love it!
FUCK YES...

I started watching that show last year from the beginning since it aired around the same time Game of Thrones did. It's great. There's nothing else like it on TV.
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yes! Totally agree. I watched the first season in September after a friend (whose taste in comedy I trust) recommended it to me. I just caught up with season 2 on Sunday and it's great so far. Loved the latest episode, especially. When they were high and doing crazy shit, I was cracking up. "Let's have the type of night where it's 5 am and one of us has definitely punched someone who's been on a Disney channel show." :rofl
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I think it's definitely not a comedy, more of a Drama-dy. They also make the comparison of it being a Twenty-somethings Sex In The City. I guess it's not an awful comparison, but it makes me cringe a bit. It's a really smart show.
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Oh, it's definitely a dramady. The comparison as a younger version of Sex in the City is pretty terrible, even if I kinda do see where it would come from. Both shows are set in New York with 4 main female characters and deal a lot with sex and relationships and blah blah blah.... But ultimately, it has a completely different feel, even with all the similarities. The characters in Girls are more real and interesting, imo. And the writing is damn smart. I just love it.

What do you think about Adam x Hannah? Are you for them as a couple? Against them? Don't really care?
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Re: Dreaming

Tobias is also pretty high up on the list for me, as well as Lucille, who I think doesn't always get as much credit as she's due. Anyway, I'm very happy to hear that we're finally getting another season of this show in May. I had pretty much given up on ever getting more, to be honest.

I looked into it a little more after reading your post and the new format sounds really interesting. First of all, it's going to be released on Netflix. And apparently, each episode will be devoted to a different character and show what happens to them following the season 3 finale, making it possible to watch the episodes in whatever order you choose. Michael is the only character to appear in every episode. What do you think about this? My opinion is that it could be brilliant... or it could turn out a little too much like endless eight. xD But I am guessing they'll find a way to make it not so repetitive... hopefully.
I agree Lucille is underrated. She was a brilliant character. Her relationship with her husband, children and grandchildren was one of the most amusing and pivotal spect of the show. About the new format, it could go either way. However, looking how the three seasons progressed and never let the fans down, I am positive the new season will be awesome as ever.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Dreaming

Oh, it's definitely a dramady. The comparison as a younger version of Sex in the City is pretty terrible, even if I kinda do see where it would come from. Both shows are set in New York with 4 main female characters and deal a lot with sex and relationships and blah blah blah.... But ultimately, it has a completely different feel, even with all the similarities. The characters in Girls are more real and interesting, imo. And the writing is damn smart. I just love it.

What do you think about Adam x Hannah? Are you for them as a couple? Against them? Don't really care?
I think Adam is a pretty awesome character. There's a lot to him as a person, but he's hard to figure out. He actually sort of reminds me of myself in some ways, but I won't get into that :XD

That being said, I think part of the appeal of the show is that Hannah is just as fucked up as everyone else. It's easy to sympathize and sort of hate her at the same time. I mean, I don't really look at her and Adam as a pairing...I've never really thought about it. I feel like Adam is obviously going to be involved in the show in some way. I think the Ray x Shoshanna thing is more interesting right now. You couldn't really picture them together at the start of the show, but they just click in a way that really surprised me. Plus I think the episode where they met, the Warehouse Party one, was probably my favorite from the first season.
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
<@c_k> I watched one ep of parks and rec - didn't appeal to me ^^;;
<toc> Whhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaat?
<toc> I am a disappoint
<@c_k> I was - meh~
I am speechless...
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Well the beginning is kinda slow, season 1 is nothing compared to the rest. She just needs to get through that.
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Only goodsy can persuade her...they had this thing going few years back :hurr.
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Tiff, watched the last two episodes of Parks and Recs?
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
How you doin~? :XD

Tiff Icuthurr gurl :crying
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I am speechless...
Well the beginning is kinda slow, season 1 is nothing compared to the rest. She just needs to get through that.
Exactly what Bobby said. Season 1 kind of sucks, tbh. I believe if she got to season 2 that she'd be on board.

Only goodsy can persuade her...they had this thing going few years back :hurr.
Pretty hot, right? :derp

Happy Valentine's Day Tiffonay~


:datass
Fucking LOVE this! Thank you. Happy belated Valentine's Day! :chu

Tiff, watched the last two episodes of Parks and Recs?
I'm all caught up! The wedding was so great. I was thinking of making a sig out of Ben and Leslie sitting in front of the sunflower mural in their wedding getups. It's such a sweet and romantic image... so perfect. :love

How you doin~? :XD

Tiff Icuthurr gurl :crying
Heeeeeeey, you. :glomp I'm doing ok and stuff. You see me where?
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
I saw you lurking the thread, that's weeks ago :hmph
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Was it your thread? The last time I was on, I wasn't actually lurking. I was closing old browser pages open on my phone and I accidentally reloaded the page before I closed it. Probably looked like I was online for a little while when I actually wasn't. Sorry. But if I were to lurk somebody's thread... :awe
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: igotthegoods' yaoi thread

Why was my thread title changed?
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: igotthegoods' yaoi thread

Asclepius changed everyone's thread titles on April 1st into "xxx's yaoi/yuri thread".
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I drove an hour to find a store that sold Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams and blew $50 on ice cream.

And it's ALL YOUR FAULT.

:arf
 
Top