Hello(a.k.a that one thread that'd be forgotten in few hours)

SugarKitty

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 24, 2016
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Country
Antarctica
Hello, I'm SugarKitty and as you can see I'm a new member.
My interests include manga and books (in short, reading),glasses and traps. As for anime it's been a while since I've seen likable series so I'm open for any kind of recommendations.
I've tried TS-ing for like 4 hours but gave up because I'm a lazy piece of shit.

Pleased to meet you. not really

P.S. in advance, I'm not a tsundere!
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Hi and welcome!

What kind of manga or books you like? I could try give some anime recommendations.
 

SugarKitty

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 24, 2016
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Country
Antarctica
Hi and welcome!

What kind of manga or books you like? I could try give some anime recommendations.
I read pretty much every genre so mostly it depends on the story itself, though I'd say that psychological romances are my best bet.
As for books, I prefer adventures, stories with psychological elements, detectives and historic romances. My favorite books include Gone With The Wind, Green Mile, The Count of Monte Cristo (interestingly enough I never tire of this book),The Gadfly, any of Verne's books and some others. Lately I've also been into Kafka and Dostoevsky, with Akutagawa being my love since I discovered him.
 
Last edited:

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Okay. Have you tried Boku dake ga Inai Machi or Mushishi?
 

SugarKitty

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 24, 2016
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Country
Antarctica
I've seen/read both.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Ah, damn. Both are serious good though. What about Monster or Kino's Journey?
 

SugarKitty

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 24, 2016
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Country
Antarctica
Yeah, I know, thus the reason I've seen both.
I challenged Monster several times but I've never been able to get past 9th episode. Kino seems to have a "good aura" but it's a bit too chill (or boring as SOL tends to be)for my current mood.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Maybe try the Monster manga? It's maybe my all time favorite. Something bit more action-y eh? Maybe Kaiji? Or have you seen any of Satoshi Kons productions? Paranoia Agent (series), or films (Paprika, Perfect Blue, Millenium Actress, Tokyo God Fathers).
 

SugarKitty

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 24, 2016
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Country
Antarctica
I was thinking of doing that but sometimes this author tends to really drag things on. Billy Bat exhausted me even despite being as interesting as it is.Oh, I love both Kaiji and Akagi, it's a very good example of what I'm looking for. I've only seen Tokyo Godfathers but I think something more lighthearted would would do the trick.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Hello Kitty-kun welcome to Mangahelpers :zomg
You'll find that everyone is open and friendly, and if you're interested in something, there'll be a thread or subforum for it :hi
 
Top