- Joined
- Jan 5, 2012
- Messages
- 2,995
- Reaction score
- 2,436
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Okay I'm now going to tell you something weird.
As you might know, I have been digging into the meta and symbolism of One Piece for the couple past months.
So I have read a lot of ancient myths like creation myths and Chaoskampf myths and so on.
Quite interestingly my smartphone showed me things associated to what I researched as lockscreen wallpapers. Pictures of the Milky way (= Snake or Tree or even Ocean, things related to cosmology and creation myths). Pictures of mountains resembling the Rivers Mountain (or rather the main source of inspiration behind the Rivers mountain), pictures of buildings related to cultures I researched about, etc.
As I am currently at a dead end and haven't researched much further, these pictures disappeared largely and were replaced by more generic pictures.
However a certain motive still recurs, and in a quantity that is driving me insane!
The Windmill! Every second lockscreen shows me Windmills. Singular Windmills, Windmills in a line, Windmills in a field Windmills, Windmills, whatever.
But what has this to do with One Piece? Well Luffy is from Windmill Village and Nami, who also shares much of Luffy's other motives (Wukong, Storm God, Adam and Eve) also prominently features a Windmill motive, arguably more prominently than all the others. So the Windmill definitely is of importance!
Unfortunately though I haven't found out yet what it means. So maybe we can research together! Personally I expect the motive to have either a relation to the Devil or paganism or both but I have no idea where I should start as Windmills are not ancient and as such beyond the field where I know most about.
But it could also be from Pop culture or art or whatever, Oda isn't limited to anything!
So if you have heard anything about
Windmills that could be related to One Piece, please tell me!

As you might know, I have been digging into the meta and symbolism of One Piece for the couple past months.
So I have read a lot of ancient myths like creation myths and Chaoskampf myths and so on.
Quite interestingly my smartphone showed me things associated to what I researched as lockscreen wallpapers. Pictures of the Milky way (= Snake or Tree or even Ocean, things related to cosmology and creation myths). Pictures of mountains resembling the Rivers Mountain (or rather the main source of inspiration behind the Rivers mountain), pictures of buildings related to cultures I researched about, etc.
As I am currently at a dead end and haven't researched much further, these pictures disappeared largely and were replaced by more generic pictures.
However a certain motive still recurs, and in a quantity that is driving me insane!
The Windmill! Every second lockscreen shows me Windmills. Singular Windmills, Windmills in a line, Windmills in a field Windmills, Windmills, whatever.
But what has this to do with One Piece? Well Luffy is from Windmill Village and Nami, who also shares much of Luffy's other motives (Wukong, Storm God, Adam and Eve) also prominently features a Windmill motive, arguably more prominently than all the others. So the Windmill definitely is of importance!
Unfortunately though I haven't found out yet what it means. So maybe we can research together! Personally I expect the motive to have either a relation to the Devil or paganism or both but I have no idea where I should start as Windmills are not ancient and as such beyond the field where I know most about.
But it could also be from Pop culture or art or whatever, Oda isn't limited to anything!
So if you have heard anything about
Windmills that could be related to One Piece, please tell me!

