Done Help with some Sentence translations please.

hayatakun

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 10, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I'm translating a chapter but I can't figure out the meaning of the following: 失えば己の存在自体も揺らぐほどの...
大切な何かがある... とか
Also:
まじで呆れた厨二野郎だな

Any help would be thoroughly appreciated.
 

cmertb

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
United States
失えば己の存在自体も揺らぐほどの... 大切な何かがある... とか
Actually, it's helpful to read it backward: Like... there's something so important... that if you lose it, your very existence will be shaken

まじで呆れた厨二野郎だな
I'm seriously surprised, you teenage bastard. I think (not 100% sure) that 厨二 stands for 2nd grade in middle school (see 厨二病), a term used to refer to poor teenagers suffering through puberty.
 

hayatakun

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 10, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for this, I had the top one down as something along the lines of:
"If you lose something so important like your self-being, your very existence would be shaken...right?"
(the とか had a ? afterwards)

Thanks for the 厨二 help, it was the part that threw me off slightly.
 

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
cmertb said:
まじで呆れた厨二野郎だな
I'm seriously surprised, you teenage bastard. I think (not 100% sure) that 厨二 stands for 2nd grade in middle school (see 厨二病), a term used to refer to poor teenagers suffering through puberty.
Maybe, "I'm seriously surprised, you" could be simply translated as "What a ..." or "Seriously, what a ..."
 
Top