Hey Everyone~

Marcuz

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 24, 2011
Messages
18
Reaction score
1
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Hello, Marcuz~

I have a question for you, that might be totally silly.
Is it true that chewing gum is illegal in Singapore? XDD
Sadly... Yes, that's true lol. Although most of us or rather, most of the people I know tend to always bring back extra on overseas trips.
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Lol, I doubt I'm eligible for any statuses at the moment since I've just started and technically speaking, I'm not even done with my first job lol. Good luck with your application for the proofreader status though, I'll be looking forward to it~
Meh, that might be true, but that shouldn't let you down! Have fun with your work. And maybe if you need help proofreading, I can help you out. :D

Is it true that chewing gum is illegal in Singapore? XDD
Sadly... Yes, that's true lol. Although most of us or rather, most of the people I know tend to always bring back extra on overseas trips.
OMO. I've just known about this. :O Why is it illegal?! It's so weird. =___=
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I heard that it's illegal because gum is messy and people litter with it so often. I've also heard that Singapore is a really clean place. I think it would be cool to visit there one day. Although I couldn't live there---I love gum way too much. XD
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
LOL~ Although I don't eat gums often, it sure sounds like annoying if you can't chew gums in public. It's the best way to keep you from being sleepy. :O They have a point, but really, people can use another things to litter. ...I sounded weird. I guess I'm affected by the way my country's people going. I bet Singaporean is different. :D
 

Marcuz

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 24, 2011
Messages
18
Reaction score
1
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
I heard that it's illegal because gum is messy and people litter with it so often. I've also heard that Singapore is a really clean place. I think it would be cool to visit there one day. Although I couldn't live there---I love gum way too much. XD
Yep, that's pretty much why it's banned. I heard that people were disposing of it everywhere and it caused lots of trouble in cleaning up. It's been partially lifted though- dental gums for example are allowed now. As for visiting here, you should definitely do it sometime although I wouldn't recommend too long a trip since it's kinda small here and your supply of gum would run out lol.

LOL~ Although I don't eat gums often, it sure sounds like annoying if you can't chew gums in public. It's the best way to keep you from being sleepy. :O They have a point, but really, people can use another things to litter. ...I sounded weird. I guess I'm affected by the way my country's people going. I bet Singaporean is different. :D
Well.. I grew up not chewing gum constantly, only occasionally when I go overseas which might explain why I can get used to not having it. I guess people from other countries might have trouble adapting to it and get annoyed by it.
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Hmm, I see. I suppose that is correct. Still, chewing gum is something fun. Too bad it's banned there. At least you guys can chew dental gums. XD

*looks at your sig* Who is Emiya Shirou?
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
As for visiting here, you should definitely do it sometime although I wouldn't recommend too long a trip since it's kinda small here and your supply of gum would run out lol.
That literally just made me laugh aloud. XD
I won't get to travel very much until I'm older and have a career set and everything, but I would definitely look forward to it. Maybe I could even make some money becoming an illegal gum smuggler. Hmmm.
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I won't get to travel very much until I'm older and have a career set and everything, but I would definitely look forward to it. Maybe I could even make some money becoming an illegal gum smuggler. Hmmm.
That is so true for me too! But my mom once told me that she would allow me if I want to take a trip somewhere with my friends, going in group for a short tour or something. Maybe you can try that? XD

As for making some money, I'm interested! I need money so I can go abroad, visiting many countries, including yours. LOL~ XD
 

Marcuz

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 24, 2011
Messages
18
Reaction score
1
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Hmm, I see. I suppose that is correct. Still, chewing gum is something fun. Too bad it's banned there. At least you guys can chew dental gums. XD

*looks at your sig* Who is Emiya Shirou?
Mm... We still get to chew gum from time to time whenever some of our friends drop by Malaysia since it's just right next to us lol.

Main character from Fate/Stay Night, I think you might have heard of it before.

That literally just made me laugh aloud. XD
I won't get to travel very much until I'm older and have a career set and everything, but I would definitely look forward to it. Maybe I could even make some money becoming an illegal gum smuggler. Hmmm.
Traveling's lots of fun. Although I'm curious if you're one to like cities or the countryside?

That is so true for me too! But my mom once told me that she would allow me if I want to take a trip somewhere with my friends, going in group for a short tour or something. Maybe you can try that? XD

As for making some money, I'm interested! I need money so I can go abroad, visiting many countries, including yours. LOL~ XD
I went on a trip with a group of friends three months back since it was after graduation and it was one of the best trips ever. Going with friends is very different from going with family and they are both good in different ways. I would say going with friends is more fun but going with parents grants more spending power lol.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I like cities and the country side. A little bit of both keeps me happy. The only problem with cities is that I get lost SO easily that it's not even funny. I'm not one of those people with an internal compass. So if I did visit, I would definitely have to bring someone with me! Hahaha.

Do you have any pets, Marcuz?
 

Marcuz

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 24, 2011
Messages
18
Reaction score
1
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
I like cities and the country side. A little bit of both keeps me happy. The only problem with cities is that I get lost SO easily that it's not even funny. I'm not one of those people with an internal compass. So if I did visit, I would definitely have to bring someone with me! Hahaha.

Do you have any pets, Marcuz?
Well.. But traveling is fun, even if one gets lost from time to time lol. And nope, I don't have pets, my mum dislikes animals in the house although I used to have two terrapins. We released them into some pond in some temple with lots of terrapins since they were getting a little too big for the tank and I have no pets since then. What about you? Pet lover?
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I went on a trip with a group of friends three months back since it was after graduation and it was one of the best trips ever. Going with friends is very different from going with family and they are both good in different ways. I would say going with friends is more fun but going with parents grants more spending power lol.
LOL, I so agree with you! Seems like I really need to have a trip with my friends someday. I bet it's gonna be fun. Last time I went to Hong Kong, my first time going abroad ever, I went with my uncle, aunt, cousins, and grandma. It was dead boring, and I was kinda sad since it was my first time going to another country. ^^"

Talking about pets, I miss my hamsters. :/
 

Marcuz

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 24, 2011
Messages
18
Reaction score
1
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
LOL, I so agree with you! Seems like I really need to have a trip with my friends someday. I bet it's gonna be fun. Last time I went to Hong Kong, my first time going abroad ever, I went with my uncle, aunt, cousins, and grandma. It was dead boring, and I was kinda sad since it was my first time going to another country. ^^"

Talking about pets, I miss my hamsters. :/
Yep, look forward to going on a trip with your friends. I definitely had fun even though it was my first and only time. Hmm... Sounds like a big family trip. I've never been on a family trip with more people than my parents and my brother although you make it sound like a bore. Why? lol.

I remember I used to be jealous that my cousins had hamsters since they had these big maze like houses(?) for them. It looked really neat when I was young and the thing kinda felt like lego with the plus of having hamsters going around it.
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Why? Because my grandma can't walk too much and too long, so I ended up waiting for her almost all the time. My uncle + aunt + cousins = one family, so they went on their way, leaving the two of us behind. Imagine how boring that is. XD

Oh, yeah, those mazes like houses! I remember it, but I didn't have one for my hamsters. But surely it's so cute. I wish I had bought it for my hamsters before. Now I can only see it on pet shops or laboratories, funny enough. XDD
 

Marcuz

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 24, 2011
Messages
18
Reaction score
1
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Why? Because my grandma can't walk too much and too long, so I ended up waiting for her almost all the time. My uncle + aunt + cousins = one family, so they went on their way, leaving the two of us behind. Imagine how boring that is. XD

Oh, yeah, those mazes like houses! I remember it, but I didn't have one for my hamsters. But surely it's so cute. I wish I had bought it for my hamsters before. Now I can only see it on pet shops or laboratories, funny enough. XDD
Ah I see... My grandma is handicapped so she can't go for trips or rather, I haven't seen her going on any trips. But I suppose I can understand since there's quite a lot of inconvenience whenever we go out as a family as we tend to move very slowly...
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Oh, I'm sorry about that.
Yes, indeed. That's why I think going out with friends would be the best, as it's easier to move out with them rather than with older people. Not to disrespect them or something, though. ^^"

So, how are you doing lately? Been busy? XD
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Bukit Timah? I used to go there for hiking every saturday when I was young..ah good old days.
But have to wake up damn early :s
Sorry for replying so late but its okay Japanese isn't that hard nor is it that easy to learn, I'm lazy so
I don't really try to learn..I will..someday.
Are you a JC poly or ite student? If so, what course were you in?
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Yes, I love pets. Terrapins, I've never heard of them. When you talked about them, I thought they were fish at first but... *looks up picture*
OMG! They're turtles! They're so adorable, so sorry you had to give them up. D:

You know, I was pee'd on by a turtle once...

Yes, I have four birds. Two parakeets, and two cockatiels. I love them very much. Especially my albino parakeet Hugo. He's the cutest thing you have ever seen in the history of forever! :derp
 

Marcuz

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 24, 2011
Messages
18
Reaction score
1
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Oh, I'm sorry about that.
Yes, indeed. That's why I think going out with friends would be the best, as it's easier to move out with them rather than with older people. Not to disrespect them or something, though. ^^"

So, how are you doing lately? Been busy? XD
Yea, but I find it hard to tell my parents that I prefer going out or heading overseas with my friends rather than with them and my grandmother lol. Mm... Doing fine lately, been attending driving lessons daily and spending the rest of my time playing or going out with friends. How are you doing then?

Bukit Timah? I used to go there for hiking every saturday when I was young..ah good old days.
But have to wake up damn early :s
Sorry for replying so late but its okay Japanese isn't that hard nor is it that easy to learn, I'm lazy so
I don't really try to learn..I will..someday.
Are you a JC poly or ite student? If so, what course were you in?
Lol, it's okay, it's not like you owe me a reply or anything. I tried learning Japanese previously thrice, took community center lessons but didn't really put in any efforts and therefore, the lessons didn't really stick. I was a poly student and I took business studies. What about you?

Yes, I love pets. Terrapins, I've never heard of them. When you talked about them, I thought they were fish at first but... *looks up picture*
OMG! They're turtles! They're so adorable, so sorry you had to give them up. D:

You know, I was pee'd on by a turtle once...

Yes, I have four birds. Two parakeets, and two cockatiels. I love them very much. Especially my albino parakeet Hugo. He's the cutest thing you have ever seen in the history of forever! :derp
I myself used to call them turtles, till I got to know the difference between them... And it was better giving them up, they were growing too big for their tank and I doubt they have much space to move around, a pond would be better. I had them for around ten years though lol. How did you get pee'd on a turtle? I can't imagine how it can happen lol. Speaking of cockatiels.. My friend's dad has a flock of them until his family forgotten to lock the cage one day and they all took off, they only managed to retrieve around six of them. Any chance you got a picture of Hugo to share with everyone?
 
Last edited:

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Community center lessons aren't for me, they don't work.
I rather teach myself, save the money :noworry
Me? I'm taking my "Ns" this year. I need to study like mad for the next 2-3 months.
How do you feel about the business courses?
You're serving NS?
 
Top