Discussion Hiatus X Hiatus

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,719
Reaction score
61,447
Gender
Male
Country
France
well when he comes back, 30 chapters would certainly be nice <:

However, there still stands that subject about 'the top 3 of shocking moments in HxH'.
Maybe it will go like 'hey fooolks, i am back! btw, leorio dies, trolololololo. C u next time, hiatus till 2018'
Not sure about that... He just needed one chapter to make a volume, it would be good if he can draw at least 11 chapters at his return, I need to know who are the bodyguards :pout .

Considering Leorio finally came back and that we don't even know exactly how his Hatsu works there' s no way he'll die. There are so many characters for this arc, even the sibligns want to kill each others, a lot can die but he and Kurapika won't.
 

Kil

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 29, 2015
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Age
30
Country
Australia
Honestly, I think its likely to be different this time. The hiatus was pretty long so I expect him to have had at least some idea of where he wants to take it. Obviously its not certain, but Im expecting something pretty good out of him for the next year. Even if it turns out to be 30 or so chapters that'll be good enough for me.


(Also I just want things to hurry up so I can see Gon and Kil back together because Im a selfish bastard)
 

Kil

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 29, 2015
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Age
30
Country
Australia
I imagine its worse for people who were up to date when he went on hiatus, I only recently got up to date with the manga and the anime. Trying to fill the void that its left whilst I wait for it to continue this year.
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,539
Reaction score
21,812
Gender
Female
Country
China
Yeah, waiting this long sucks fam

I suggest you find something else to do with your time than rot away here with us :emocat
 

Kil

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 29, 2015
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Age
30
Country
Australia
Its too late for that though. Still, I'll be fine. I'll just rewatch the anime and read some other manga.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,719
Reaction score
61,447
Gender
Male
Country
France
Its too late for that though. Still, I'll be fine. I'll just rewatch the anime and read some other manga.
I remember when I was catching up and it ended just when Meruem beat Pouf at their game... :biblethump

In a few years there'll be members posting the same kind of posts as you and you'll be here to tell them you have experienced at least one hiatus :4head .
 

Kil

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 29, 2015
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Age
30
Country
Australia
I remember when I was catching up and it ended just when Meruem beat Pouf at their game... :biblethump

In a few years there'll be members posting the same kind of posts as you and you'll be here to tell them you have experienced at least one hiatus :4head .
True enough, it'll be an odd experience for me when I get to see the next big hiatus. Still, hopefully there'll be a decent amount of content out by then.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I was rly lucky.
I started HxH when i was still very young and read until the end of the yorkshin arc.
Then i got fed up with manga for some time and didnt buy them, but always remembered HxH as s th of 'well, i'd rly want to know how this thing went on'.

About 8 years later when i started studying, i started finding manga hosting pages on which i could catch up to some manga from before.
HxH instantly flashed me again and i read until the hiatus point where killuah was protecting komugi from pufu.

In the week i was finished, togashi came back from hiatus so i thought 'oh well, nice, so this is a weekly manga!' Little did i know....I was spoiled form the weekly updates i got at that point.
Right after, another huge hiatus started. This one did not feel so insanely bad tho, because he was able to wrap up the ant arc before starting it.
Everyone was curious about the zodiac at that point, but i was still satisfied.



For me, the woes started with the hiatus after the election arc. Insanely long, only the 2 kurapica specials inbetween. And he did wrap up the election arc before, (with 30 consecutive chapters, which was rly nice), but at that point everyone wanted to know more about the darc continent.
And then, after that frigging long hiatus, we only got 9 chapters with breaks in between which ende dwithout wrapping up anything, that kinda hurt.
Now it is almost 1 and a half years.
I think my problem with it is that togashi didnt really feel 'back' in the time he released the 9 chapters . The chapters were great, but he already had to take pauses in serialization. It feels like there was a real problem he had which took a lot of time to solve, may it be medical or something else.
In the serialization phases before, it felt like he had completely planned out what he wanted to do in his 10 to 30 chapters and did it in a rather satisfying way.
This time, the end felt really abrupt.
 

Kil

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 29, 2015
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Age
30
Country
Australia
Makes sense, I guess I might be lucky considering I got to catch up on a decent amount of content before I got to the end. Not only that, but I came back in a time where Togashi appears to be returning (at least in the next few months we'll hear something from what I understand) so its not that bad. Would have been worse if I caught up a year ago.
 

Riyuki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2008
Messages
774
Reaction score
200
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just want to know what the : "third most shocking moment in the HxH series" is about.... It HAS to be something epic.

The best thing that could happen for me, as a reader, would be the first chapter back from hiatus showing the prince say outloud : "So... The people I purchased the eyes from are on the boat too, correct?"

And then we get a fucking double page of the phantom troupe, together in full, and Chrollo says : "Yes... those eyes are beautiful but I've grown bored of them. Now it's time to use our former treasure as "bait".. for our favorite little chain user. "

*Chrollo uses his fortune telling*

"<Poetry poetry poetry> ... After going east you go fishing... The bait will be a crimson glow that simply cannot be denied.. <poetry poetry poetry>."

PLEASE TOGASHI!!! IF YOU EVER CHECK MANGAHELPERS THEN READ THIS POST AND DO IT! PLEEAAAAAASE!!
 
Last edited:

REN KOUEN

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
5,480
Reaction score
1,292
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Im pretty optimistic about what the future holds for HxH, there's still plenty of story to tell and despite the hiatus, it looks like Togashi plans on continuing HxH for the foreseeable future. Kinda excited to see where it goes.
i am very optimistic about the content, i have a feeling the dark continent arc may be the best yet

i am just not optimistic about the time-frame :(
 

Kil

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 29, 2015
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Age
30
Country
Australia
i am very optimistic about the content, i have a feeling the dark continent arc may be the best yet

i am just not optimistic about the time-frame :(
At the moment Im actually pretty optimistic about the time-frame too, though that could well be proven wrong. I just have this feeling like Togashi wants to get back to work, though call it a fools desire if you will.

Either way, as excited as I am for the Dark Continent arc, Im actually looking forward to the arc that comes afterwards. I just want to see Gon and Kil back together x)
 

REN KOUEN

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
5,480
Reaction score
1,292
Gender
Male
Country
United States
At the moment Im actually pretty optimistic about the time-frame too, though that could well be proven wrong. I just have this feeling like Togashi wants to get back to work, though call it a fools desire if you will.

Either way, as excited as I am for the Dark Continent arc, Im actually looking forward to the arc that comes afterwards. I just want to see Gon and Kil back together x)
i am almost more interested to see how gon gets his ability to use nin back than i am what happens in the DC

especially if he trains with his dad !!!
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,539
Reaction score
21,812
Gender
Female
Country
China
I'd like to find out more about the zodiacs :<
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Same.
I liked killuah and Gon a lot as protagonists, but i think it is actually a good thing for the manga to put them out of focus for some time and give leorio and kurapica room. Personally, i consider it as an inherent flaw that most mangas do not dare to focus on their sidecasts for some time. (exspecially shonen). I mean, they almost always have gigantic sidecasts which sometimes tend to be more interesting than the maincharacter. After 300+ chapters, it makes absolute sense to shift the focus arround between different groups and persons.

For all i care, i can deal with killuah and gon not having more than possible cameos for the next 100 chapters until it makes sense to include them into the story again.
 

Kil

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 29, 2015
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Age
30
Country
Australia
I imagine the arc after DC will bring them back together. At least thats what Id expect :?
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,719
Reaction score
61,447
Gender
Male
Country
France
I want to see the bodyguards, how things will turn out once Kurapika's plan will start and his reaction to Tserriednich, all the rest will happen naturally :gar. I have rewatched some episodes of the York Shin arc today and I realized how much I missed he and Leorio again :blush. The gang needs to be together after this arc but the Kurapika and Leorio pair needs more focus right now.
 
Top