Discussion Hiatus X Hiatus

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,716
Reaction score
61,438
Gender
Male
Country
France
Old chapters? Its not new content?
We don't know how many chapters Togashi will draw at his return, but they will publish the first 40 chapters for free to get potential new readers.
 

Thunderslol

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 29, 2017
Messages
12
Reaction score
2
Age
31
Country
Kuwait
how many chapters must Togashi releases in order to start making the anime once again , 40 , 50 chapters or more ??
 

Kanmuru

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2014
Messages
515
Reaction score
743
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
how many chapters must Togashi releases in order to start making the anime once again , 40 , 50 chapters or more ??
What?
2011 anime covered 339 chapters. There is only 20 new chapters from there, a new anime series at this point is impossible.
I'm the only one who doesn't care for adaptations? The manga is far superior than the 2 adaptations imo
 

BurnSchulz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
942
Reaction score
581
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Old chapters? Its not new content?
Of course not.. do you really think they can all of a sudden publish 40 new chapters and bring them daily?
That would be insane.

They just republish the very first 40 chapters from HxH day by day
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,539
Reaction score
21,808
Gender
Female
Country
China
Is what you say confirmed? Or is this like your deduction?
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
how many chapters must Togashi releases in order to start making the anime once again , 40 , 50 chapters or more ??
For on Ova, it wouldn't be out of question to start doing it once the boat arc is finished.
However, the question is whether it makes sense to do it and whether madhouse would be willing to do it.
 

YuYuMoonXHunter

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2016
Messages
176
Reaction score
104
Age
29
Country
Vietnam
I think they have to restart the Election Arc first 320 to Dark Continental to let the readers memorize it
--> It would be funny if this is a part of Shounen Jump & Togashi Jump Marketing Strategy tho XD~ Imagine watching manga on the web could get more views is like you when you see many music videos that has billion views from Youtube and earned more money + free for everyone to watch
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

[NEWS] 33 HxH volumes HIT 70.000.000 COPIES at the present.

(Despite the fact 9 chapters per year, everyone keeps buying and buying and hunting for new volumes. Well done, Togashi)
-----------------
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Make a bet for the next 3 issues: What will Togashi comment on Jump?
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Togashi truly does the best author notes.

Here is a collection from YYH times:

Go on without me, I will catch up in a few minutes.

I'll never do it again.

The night before a deadline Editor: How long do you think it will take? Me: Umm, well.... Editor: So you're saying you need another whole day? Me: Pretty much Editor: Any later than 8 AM tomorrow and we're sunk. Me: Sunk? Editor: Yes, sunk. Me: This'll be a little tough. Editor: Fine, I'll pick it up at 8 AM tomorrow

I own a lot of dirty video's. My feet stink, My armpits stink too. I own a pet snake, I'm tired...

There have been 3 or 4 health crises in my life so far. The worst so far was the lower back pain what bothered me for 6 months starting from January 1991. When it got bad, I couldn't even sit at my desk, and I had to draw lying in bed. More recently, I got the flu while I was working on a colour episode where we announced the popularity contest results. I was so dizzy and nauseous I basically did it on auto-pilot. Right now, I seem physically healthy, but my brain still suffers from chronic insanity.

I never give too much thought to character names. Usually, I just flip through the dictionary and combine kanji I like. Yusuke's name is pratically a joke and Kuwabara's name is a combination of 2 baseball players I like. My real name is "Yoshihiro Togashi", and it's not a nom de plume. If I ever get married and have children, maybe I'll give them obscene names too. Hahahaha!

My room is a mess, but that's because I'm a perfectionist. By that, I don't mean I have to make it "perfectly" messy, I mean I'd have to clean absolutely everything, and I have no time to do that. If I had the time though, I wouldn't invite people in since I wouldn't want them to mess anything up. If that happens, then I wouldn't be able to work, and that wouldn't be good. That's why I don't clean.
 

Msan28

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2016
Messages
72
Reaction score
111
Age
33
Country
Mexico
Togashi truly does the best author notes.

Here is a collection from YYH times:

There have been 3 or 4 health crises in my life so far. The worst so far was the lower back pain what bothered me for 6 months starting from January 1991. When it got bad, I couldn't even sit at my desk, and I had to draw lying in bed. More recently, I got the flu while I was working on a colour episode where we announced the popularity contest results. I was so dizzy and nauseous I basically did it on auto-pilot. Right now, I seem physically healthy, but my brain still suffers from chronic insanity.
I remember reading this one in Yuyu's volume. For those who think that the back pain is "fake news". He suffers from that illness since then.
 

YuYuMoonXHunter

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2016
Messages
176
Reaction score
104
Age
29
Country
Vietnam
My guess:
Togashi: "25th anniversary confession: I used to end Yu Yu Hakusho within a rush and that was really my fault; maybe an anime can do a trick ... Naaaaah My Princess did it better" XD~
 

Kefka

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2016
Messages
115
Reaction score
59
Country
Brazil
Togashi: "It was just a prank lol. See you guys in 2 years."
 

Eurydice

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 19, 2017
Messages
13
Reaction score
4
Country
Kuwait
I think they have to restart the Election Arc first 320 to Dark Continental to let the readers memorize it
--> It would be funny if this is a part of Shounen Jump & Togashi Jump Marketing Strategy tho XD~ Imagine watching manga on the web could get more views is like you when you see many music videos that has billion views from Youtube and earned more money + free for everyone to watch
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

[NEWS] 33 HxH volumes HIT 70.000.000 COPIES at the present.

(Despite the fact 9 chapters per year, everyone keeps buying and buying and hunting for new volumes. Well done, Togashi)
-----------------
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Make a bet for the next 3 issues: What will Togashi comment on Jump?
with those sales number you'd think they'd do some merch. I know there are plenty but I want to buy the official merch instead. I want to hunt for those!
plus with so many hiatus I would expect them to consider doing those things but apparently its not the case..
--- Double Post Merged, ---
My guess:
Togashi: "25th anniversary confession: I used to end Yu Yu Hakusho within a rush and that was really my fault; maybe an anime can do a trick ... Naaaaah My Princess did it better" XD~
I hope they do a madhouse anime for yuyu's because I never got into that series for some reason.. everyone keep telling me its so good. hope for the anniversary they do it again
 

leiatte

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
312
Reaction score
232
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I hope they do a madhouse anime for yuyu's because I never got into that series for some reason.. everyone keep telling me its so good. hope for the anniversary they do it again
Honestly Yu Yu Hakusho is one anime that really, really doesn't need a remake. It's a Masterpiece & has aged incredibly well, I re-watched it start to finish a few years ago. It's faithful, they cover the whole series, the art still looks fantastic & the older look/shading compliments it very well. Even the dub is incredible

I'd argue the ending is stronger than the manga's ending as well. Also, Smile Bomb (opening song) is fantastic

Madhouse is a great studio (amazing job with Hunter X Hunter) & they probably could do well with it, but being honest I don't see how much they can improve. I'd recommend just taking the dive & seeing how much you like it

P.S. Now a Zatch Bell (Gash Bell) anime sequel or remake I could see if the creator allowed it, for multiple reasons & man I miss that dub (really good!).
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Madhouse should do another HxH anime when the Manga finished at some point in the distant future <:
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,716
Reaction score
61,438
Gender
Male
Country
France
There could be another anime, Madhouse even made a S2 and S3 for Hajime no Ippo which has more than 900 chapters and is still ongoing but there is no way they can do that with the amount of chapters currently released and what is happening in the manga. Until we reach the conclusion of this arc, I don't think you should expect a possible anime adaptation anytime soon.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
But I exspect togashi's pace to be faster than before <:
I exspect 20 chaps a year from now on.
 

YuYuMoonXHunter

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2016
Messages
176
Reaction score
104
Age
29
Country
Vietnam
Some related news for both of Togashi and Naoko (his wife)
- New information for Sailor Moon Crystal season 4 on June 30th
- Yu Yu Hakusho 25th anniversary another teaser pic on Animedia magazine on July, nothing said about the anime
- And this one XD~
 

Thunderslol

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 29, 2017
Messages
12
Reaction score
2
Age
31
Country
Kuwait
Some related news for both of Togashi and Naoko (his wife)
- New information for Sailor Moon Crystal season 4 on June 30th
- Yu Yu Hakusho 25th anniversary another teaser pic on Animedia magazine on July, nothing said about the anime
- And this one XD~
Thanks for updating :)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Anyone knows about Togashi current condition ? has he fully recovered from his back pain ?
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,716
Reaction score
61,438
Gender
Male
Country
France
Thanks for updating :)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Anyone knows about Togashi current condition ? has he fully recovered from his back pain ?
We can't know that. But he is coming back so his condition must be good enough.
 
Top