Discussion - Hiatus X Hiatus | Page 85 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Hiatus X Hiatus

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
No cap I think the biggest thing that sucks about this hiatus the rise of manga+, it's so much easier to read stuff now with better translations that supports the author legally. Casuals can finally read non-mangastream translated chapters too, like it's still wordy and diary-like but the stream tl was trash with forced cuss words and bad shading.

I like the anime more than the manga tho, why not just put out an ova or something...

Aeneas

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
No cap I think the biggest thing that sucks about this hiatus the rise of manga+, it's so much easier to read stuff now with better translations that supports the author legally. Casuals can finally read non-mangastream translated chapters too, like it's still wordy and diary-like but the stream tl was trash with forced cuss words and bad shading.

I like the anime more than the manga tho, why not just put out an ova or something...
Right? Such bad timing with this huge hiatus right before M+ and free Viz chapters start up.

I imagine any anime decisions would be up to Togashi. Only a Hisoka/Chrollo OVA would really work anyway, since everything else would feel pretty truncated.

DDed

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Right? Such bad timing with this huge hiatus right before M+ and free Viz chapters start up.

I imagine any anime decisions would be up to Togashi. Only a Hisoka/Chrollo OVA would really work anyway, since everything else would feel pretty truncated.
I don't think so, the OVA might be continuation to entire series not just Chrollo vs Hisoka, so that's mean the anime itself needs to be from 340 all the way to end of SW arc and might end to what happened to Kurapika, they nailed there

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I don't think so, the OVA might be continuation to entire series not just Chrollo vs Hisoka, so that's mean the anime itself needs to be from 340 all the way to end of SW arc and might end to what happened to Kurapika, they nailed there
Oh, I'm with you there that we probably won't be getting anything until the end of the SW at the earliest.

DDed

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Oh, I'm with you there that we probably won't be getting anything until the end of the SW at the earliest.
This is how if they animated the ending of SW, I pictured it:

Replace this with Kurapika and Leorio and and the dust is basically Togashi's axe

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
This is how if they animated the ending of SW, I pictured it:

Replace this with Kurapika and Leorio and and the dust is basically Togashi's axe
Heh. As long as Leorio gets to do something.

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
So Corona virus is the sixth calamity or what?...looks like somebody done goofed in the DC again...

Save us Togashi...:emocat

Kanmuru

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Can we get an oficial hiatus x hiatus thread with only news, because i'm sure everyone gets excited for nothing with this one xD

DDed

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Friendly reminder: Tomorrow is the leak of WSJ and also tomorrow is the ....

Drakrami

Reaction score
Country
Balearic Islands
I thought when the Hiatus started Togashi said he will be back soon.. Why is this turning out to be the longest Hiatus ever....? No HunterX since November 2018.... wtf. The wait wouldn't be that bad, but now that Samurai 8 is cancelled , Nanatzu's ended and One Piece taking breaks every few weeks it really seems bare.

Granted I haven't start reading mangas like Demon Slayer and Black Clover.

Copy Panda

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
China
There is but one antidote to despair and that is hope brother. Stay strong

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I thought when the Hiatus started Togashi said he will be back soon.. Why is this turning out to be the longest Hiatus ever....? No HunterX since November 2018.... wtf. The wait wouldn't be that bad, but now that Samurai 8 is cancelled , Nanatzu's ended and One Piece taking breaks every few weeks it really seems bare.

Granted I haven't start reading mangas like Demon Slayer and Black Clover.

I took him as meaning he'll start working on them again soon.

But given how long this is going, it's clear he's working on a set of 20 chapters now. Would be pretty disappointing otherwise.

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
But given how long this is going, it's clear he's working on a set of 20 chapters now. Would be pretty disappointing otherwise.
I'm expecting more chapters. Honestly I'll be pretty disappointed if we don't reach at least the new continent and end this boat arc. That should be about 30 chapters or smthg.

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I'm expecting more chapters. Honestly I'll be pretty disappointed if we don't reach at least the new continent and end this boat arc. That should be about 30 chapters or smthg.
Would be (beyond) great, but very unlikely. Only time he's done that is for end of Chimera + all of Election, where you could tell he wanted to give the anime a good stopping point (and he said he had Election all in his head already).

And I'd be surprised if the SW can end in that span of chapters, but we'll see. or will we

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I think we'll have a good idea of the pacing after the banquet because a lot of heads will fly. There are still plenty of things in store (reminder that Togashi wants to break the record of named characters in WSJ with this arc), Kurapika hasn't even met Tserriednich yet. Honestly I am in no rush to see the DC, the current situation is entertaining enough.

KimCorrea

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I think we'll have a good idea of the pacing after the banquet because a lot of heads will fly. There are still plenty of things in store (reminder that Togashi wants to break the record of named characters in WSJ with this arc), Kurapika hasn't even met Tserriednich yet. Honestly I am in no rush to see the DC, the current situation is entertaining enough.
I think togashi will end the manga after the voyage. By then we had closure on gon finding his dad, killua knowing what he wants to do, leorio Will probably be a full fledged doctor by the end of this trip and kutapika will have the remaining eyes or dead (I doubt it) trying, maybe die after he gets them, wounded or by the use of scarlet eyes. We can see everything about gin and pardon during the trip.
An open ending concept for hxh is better than no ending at all and will be forever ingrained in discussions, theories and so in, even after it ended.
I want to see DC and everything else related to it. But the more I read and re-read everything; more I fell like togashi is gonna end everything soon.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And soon I mean by the chapters released, because it's gonna take at least a decade with all this breaks and hiatus. I'm a berserk fan, kind used to it.

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Yeah, we all know deep down it's gonna be 10 chapters again when he comes back...but I would be disappointed this time, unless we get through this arc.

I feel like each hiatus kinda chips away at my passion for this manga. Moreover, this last batch of 10 chapters left me with mixed feelings: On one hand, we have some good emotional scenes (like the twins' story), as well as some of the best executed story lines I've seen in a while (those two chapters on Tserr's ability seen from two different POVs were pure gold), plus mafia and spiders vs Morena and Hyskoa. Then on the other hand, we have one of the worst (if not the worst) chapters in all of hxh history, chapter 389. It just left me with a very bitter taste, both plot-wise and execution-wise.

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Then on the other hand, we have one of the worst (if not the worst) chapters in all of hxh history, chapter 389. It just left me with a very bitter taste, both plot-wise and execution-wise.
Besides Kanjidol's rambling, I really enjoyed 389. 388 was the weakest of that batch for me.

Not sure which you've read, but I suggest tracking down Viz's translation. The wordiness of the Edited Manga becomes very noticeable once you compare the two.