Discussion - Hiatus X Hiatus | Page 24 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Hiatus X Hiatus

Riyuki

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
holy shit... no way... we seriously might be waiting until 2015 now. WTF

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
:8C

In 2 weeks...No more anime, no manga chapter(probably).

Hopefully he will recover quickly.

Zoro Zoldyck

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Iraq
Maybe it's just because it's my first time waiting for him to return.. Idk

I really hope he recovers and starts continuing the story again D:

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Oh the sadness.
Well it was too good to be true to get weekly chapters, wasn't it?

It is clear to me now that Togashi must be really ill, there is no way he would come back just for those few chapters and then even have a hitaus week in between.

I wish this would not happen at possibly the most exciting part the manga has ever been at.

If he is not physically able to draw anymore, it would be a dream if he would just express his story to madhouse and let them animate it, but that is not going to happen

YipYip

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
well if he cant draw anymore, he should hire someone who draws it... Preferably someone with same style :)

Txapeldun

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
So I guess I'm the only one who won't read HxH if it's not by Togashi?

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
So I guess I'm the only one who won't read HxH if it's not by Togashi?
I will stop reading it if someone else writes the story but not the drawings.

I don't want it though, at this point I want him to continue to draw and write the story. It would piss me off to see a new artist to help now.

FFuuu

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Chile
At this point, I'd rather have someone else draw while he focus on writing the story. Hell, it would be better to have it directly animated by Madhouse xD

Rezard

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
Hell, it would be better to have it directly animated by Madhouse xD
talk about a dream to have... i would freaking love it.

the story have to be writen by togashi, otherwise you can't call it hxh anymore. For the drawing its a different case, i just want to know the end .....

exacta

Reaction score
Country
United States
talk about a dream to have... i would freaking love it.

the story have to be writen by togashi, otherwise you can't call it hxh anymore. For the drawing its a different case, i just want to know the end .....
Yeah if Togashi could just write down the story and someone else could just take that and draw the chapters for it. that would be great....oh well lol. I wonder if Togashi will die before he finishes Hunter X Hunter lol. I think it's a very real possibility. My only hope is some insane fanboy kidnaps Togashi, traps him in a basement and forces him to keep writing until he finishes Hunter X Hunter.

Eamon

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, this is my first post. Not sure if I'm breaking any rules, but when I read them, they said nothing about requests and distro.

Just wanted to ask. The mangastream and mangapanda translations of chapters 341-current are atrocious and abysmal. I can hardly understand what's going on.

But apparently the Viz translations are pretty decent. Also, there's been imgur links to the Viz chapters on this forum, but now they've been removed by them. I really want to get into the manga now that the 2011 has ended.

Does anyone happen to have saved on their computers (or alt links), chapters 341-current Viz translations? You would be a life saver. I just can't seem to find any scans anywhere on the net.

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I will stop reading it if someone else writes the story but not the drawings.
I don't want it though, at this point I want him to continue to draw and write the story. It would piss me off to see a new artist to help now.
He's a great illustrator though, when He commits to it.

I personally don't care anymore about the hiatus of his work, I've realized that He takes some time to make wonderful pieces of read. And I prefer that, I'm not in any rush.

Let's enjoy the little detours.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I do not think there is a reason to exspect him not to finish HxH.
He is 48 years old, so he has got at least ten good years ahead of him which should be more than sufficient to finish .

I just hope 'back pain' is not an euphemism for more serious illnesses.

I did not see much of a problem with togashi hiatussing for years, but this time it was just some chapters, which is really unusual (it did not even follow the ten time x chapter rule), and that could imply a more serious problem.

But that is pure speculation. Possibly he is back before new year's eve and all is well.

dougbp

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
And that's the week of Shonen that an editor will say the specific date that HxH returns. I hope so. Animation is over. Gotta do some marketing now, specially with this final episode.

Please. I want the Manga back :'(

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

I personally don't care anymore about the hiatus of his work, I've realized that He takes some time to make wonderful pieces of read. And I prefer that, I'm not in any rush.

Let's enjoy the little detours.
It's not that I think he is a bad artist, in fact I doubt I would like the series as much if he doesn't draw, I love the art for the facial expressions for example. I can't really say that I don't care, it doesn't affect me as much as before but it still hurts somehow.

And that's the week of Shonen that an editor will say the specific date that HxH returns. I hope so. Animation is over. Gotta do some marketing now, specially with this final episode.

Please. I want the Manga back :'(
Really?

Last edited:

nfinitfx

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Would be great if he works with Madhouse, share the whole arc to them, and let madhouse illustrate it.

What makes Hunter x Hunter great is the 1) Advance characters, i.e. all characters are very well developed and multi-dimensons 2) advance psychological + physical warfare between multiple parties. 3) Creativity 4) all the previous 3 going together smoothly in one grand plot.

His drawings are good, but after reading 300 + chapters of it, I sorta get the idea and don't need him draw 300+ chapters to fully feel the story. Madhouse did a perfect job illustrating his work, so there's no reason why they would fail to illustrate this new world arc.

Though biggest concern is if Togashi shares too much, it may get leaked, so it would be best if he speaks with madhouse to give them the plot week by week. His concern maybe that it would not be as profitable as drawing it on shounen and additionally it's not a tradition mangaka way of doing it and culturally it's not how they do things there.

However if you think about monetizing it, I think tonnes of fans would pay-per-view or pay by arc to get this new Arc. There are around 100million hunter x hunter fans out there, if 10% of them are willing to pay US$50 to get the whole arc, that's US$50mln profit for them.

asd

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
I think I manage to draw on the same level as ch 337 or the other 5 chapters that looked like he has drawn them in 1 hour. Forgot some other low quality chapters.

Txapeldun

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Eveyone please calm down. New series in WSJ have been quite an utter failure lately, with lots of cancellations. Even if there's Zumou and Boku no Hero, I doubt they'll ever reach the level of a series that is clearly soon to end, Naruto.
Naruto ending will have quite an impact in WSJ (even if it's not One Piece in terms of sales), so Shueisha will need to keep the interest in the magazine somehow.
How? By resuming HxH.
I'm sure that HxH will be back after Naruto ends, if not before.

Soon, guys, soon.

Zoro Zoldyck

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Iraq
Now that you mention it.. Maybe he knows Kishi has some stuff up his sleeves for his finale so he wants the big stuff he has built up to be more explosive when they happen.. Hmm

<----- forever delusional and waiting