Discussion Hiro Mashima's Interview in France

Star Frost

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 1, 2015
Messages
2,380
Reaction score
4,638
Country
United States
Hey guys, for those of you who are interested, here's a video to Mashima's interview back in France that this person was very nice enough to take time to record on video and translate for us to watch and read on sub:


Major Credits to NINA2119
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
He basically confirmed Nalu.So i hope this puts all discussions to rest.
 

Star Frost

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 1, 2015
Messages
2,380
Reaction score
4,638
Country
United States
He basically confirmed Nalu.So i hope this puts all discussions to rest.
I would say that they're pretty much like Jerza cause he did said Natsu is kind of single. However, considering he did said that they're suitable and the ship look good, I guess you can say they're confirmed. On where his view of them stands now that is. So hopefully that would settle any heated discussions.:hee
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
I would say that they're pretty much like Jerza cause he did said Natsu is basically single. However considering he pretty much did said that they're suitable and the ship look good, I guess you can say they're confirmed. In his view now that is. Hopefully that would settle any heated discussions.:hee
Yeah but i wished he had made it canon in manga itself like both of them confessing their love for each other or marrying.

Though still he said something that is good.
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,111
Reaction score
12,878
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
I'm actually surprised that the reason Mashima brought Lisanna back because he was interested in her character and that he wanted to use her apart as a love triangle though I wonder what @Raven will say about this.
I hate love triangles but i think it wasn't wise from Mashima not to apply this idea, Because he picked this route by bringing Lisanna back, Her role is supposed to be around Natsu and, Lucy also had this role so a love triangle was very expected from the fans ,Whatever, Mashima concluded the fans reactions and he said it the fans won't be happy about it. I think because both have equal rights to be with Natsu at that time but when the story progressed Lucy out-weighed Lisanna in that aspect by huge margin.
 

azhasnts

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2018
Messages
267
Reaction score
383
Country
Fairy Tail
I hate love triangles but i think it wasn't wise from Mashima not to apply this idea, Because he picked this route by bringing Lisanna back, Her role is supposed to be around Natsu and, Lucy also had this role so a love triangle was very expected from the fans ,Whatever, Mashima concluded the fans reactions and he said it the fans won't be happy about it. I think because both have equal rights to be with Natsu at that time but when the story progressed Lucy out-weighed Lisanna in that aspect by huge margin.
Unlike I give thanks to god for he hadn't done a love triangle
 

strikefreedom

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2017
Messages
2,420
Reaction score
3,484
Age
34
Country
France
1st question on FT, we asked him this question 100 times, a lost question :(.

2nd question also asked 100 times, another question of lost :(.

Gray ichiya = mashima XD, it's all about XD.

3rd question also asked 100 times, another question of lost :(.

12 th question already asked and another lost.

15 th question already asked.

34 th question already asked

But we love ichiya XD.

Question 40 the fateful question XD, he says that natsu and lucy are better matched so it is defined that the nalu is canon.

Erza = Joan of Arc, Erza is French XD POWERS FRANCE XD

In short about fifty questions, so between the already asked, useless, strange and useful.

Its just makes us 4-5 interesting questions, great :(.
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,111
Reaction score
12,878
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
Unlike I give thanks to god for he hadn't done a love triangle
I'm hardcore Nalu fan but story wise, Love triangle would be better since she comeback to the story, The triangle would add some spice and more obvious feelings about Natsu and Lucy relation is very welcomed. Moreover, Lisanna totally lost her essence in the story, Her character before she comeback was really more serious and interesting than the current one.
From my own perspective, I think Mashima felt guilty towards Nali fans because he brought her back but he didn't want Nali really, Maybe he wanted her to be just there for strauss family.

At the very least we know that he prefer Nalu <3
 

azhasnts

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2018
Messages
267
Reaction score
383
Country
Fairy Tail
I'm hardcore Nalu fan but story wise, Love triangle would be better since she comeback to the story, The triangle would add some spice and more obvious feelings about Natsu and Lucy relation is very welcomed. Moreover, Lisanna totally lost her essence in the story, Her character before she comeback was really more serious and interesting than the current one.
From my own perspective, I think Mashima felt guilty towards Nali fans because he brought her back but he didn't want Nali really, Maybe he wanted her to be just there for strauss family.

At the very least we know that he prefer Nalu <3
I really disagree, I do not like love triangles, if he did that lisanna's character would only serve that, she did not do much in the manga, but at least her interventions had more to do with the brothers, I think that is much better,
Maybe I would not like nalu as I like, if he had made a love triangle.
Lisanna and Lucy are too good to fight for a man
 

Star Frost

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 1, 2015
Messages
2,380
Reaction score
4,638
Country
United States
I really disagree, I do not like love triangles, if he did that lisanna's character would only serve that, she did not do much in the manga, but at least her interventions had more to do with the brothers, I think that is much better,
Maybe I would not like nalu as I like, if he had made a love triangle.
Lisanna and Lucy are too good to fight for a man
I actually agree with you. I’m glad that the love triangle didn’t happen. Based on Lucy and Lisanna’s character, it just wouldn’t look right that two very nice and kind girls would be fighting over an idiot.:neutral
 

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
1st question on FT, we asked him this question 100 times, a lost question :(.

2nd question also asked 100 times, another question of lost :(.

Gray ichiya = mashima XD, it's all about XD.

3rd question also asked 100 times, another question of lost :(.

12 th question already asked and another lost.

15 th question already asked.

34 th question already asked

But we love ichiya XD.

Question 40 the fateful question XD, he says that natsu and lucy are better matched so it is defined that the nalu is canon.

Erza = Joan of Arc, Erza is French XD POWERS FRANCE XD

In short about fifty questions, so between the already asked, useless, strange and useful.

Its just makes us 4-5 interesting questions, great :(.
If only she had armour like this:


Totally like the painting La Liberté guidant le peuple
 

strikefreedom

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2017
Messages
2,420
Reaction score
3,484
Age
34
Country
France
she somehow.

 
Top