Discussion Holy Knights

WILDCARD 1 7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2017
Messages
1,461
Reaction score
2,786
Country
Galactic Empire
Since know one has started a thread for the outside of the Shanks twin/clone I figured I would start one.

To get the ball I post a few of my thoughts on.

This is not the first generation of them.

At least 2 of them are as strong as the old Admirals the Shanks clone and probably the Oni.

And it's a safe bet to say that they where at Gods Valley.

Since there is 7 of them it leads me to think that they might have been what inspired the creation of the Warlord system.
 
Last edited:

Bradhimself

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2011
Messages
2,001
Reaction score
1,955
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Since know one as started a thread for the outside of the Shanks twin/clone I figured I would start one.

To get the ball I post a few of my thoughts on.

This is not the first generation of them.

At least 2 of them are as strong as the old Admirals the Shanks clone and probably the Oni.

And it's a safe bet to say that they where at Gods Valley.

Since there is 7 of them it leads me to think that they might have been what inspired the creation of the Warlord system.
Hmmm that could be well and true.

But I would say that perhaps the opposite is equally as likely.

For example, The Holy Knights could have been created after God Valley as a measure not to rely solely on the WG for CD protection?

The fact Roger teamed with Garp to take down the threat at the time being Rocks Pirates, then they created this final barrier of defense.
 

WILDCARD 1 7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2017
Messages
1,461
Reaction score
2,786
Country
Galactic Empire
Hmmm that could be well and true.

But I would say that perhaps the opposite is equally as likely.

For example, The Holy Knights could have been created after God Valley as a measure not to rely solely on the WG for CD protection?

The fact Roger teamed with Garp to take down the threat at the time being Rocks Pirates, then they created this final barrier of defense.
Yes that is also a very likely possibility.
 

Bradhimself

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2011
Messages
2,001
Reaction score
1,955
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Yes that is also a very likely possibility.
Either way. It's safe to say that their hinted at power is enough to have Dragon mention combat for the first time.

Dragon has been Blaze about battle, and more about strat the entire time.

So this leads me to believe they would be enough for he to dust off the old devil fruit.
 

WILDCARD 1 7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2017
Messages
1,461
Reaction score
2,786
Country
Galactic Empire
Either way. It's safe to say that their hinted at power is enough to have Dragon mention combat for the first time.

Dragon has been Blaze about battle, and more about strat the entire time.

So this leads me to believe they would be enough for he to dust off the old devil fruit.
He'll have too and then some , if that Shanks twin/clone has 2/3 Shanks strength.

I think this Revolutionaries vs Celestial's is going to more of a Gorilla war. especially since one of their best man/robot just up and diped on them after getting rescued by them after all this.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
I find it sus that Shanks was found in a treasure chest in God's valley

So I think the Royal Knights are Tenryuubitos who were genetically engineered by Vegapunk to be super strong

Rocks was at God's Valley to take the newborn super babies, hence why Roger and Garp had to "protect the Tenryuubito", and Shanks was found in a treasure chest


What if they have the lineage factor of the Rocks Pirates?

We have the precedent of members of the Rocks being cloned, with Miss Buckin and possibly Weevil

A random pirate guessed the Rocks infighting is what led to their fall, what if this discovery made the crew loose their minds?

Since there is 7 of them it leads me to think that they might have been what inspired the creation of the Warlord system.
There are 9 fully visible, but I can tell there are more in the background
 
Last edited:

DeadlyBeast

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 3, 2014
Messages
3,090
Reaction score
3,975
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't think Gods Knights are going to be genetically engineered, that is what the Seraphim are for. Vegapunk explicitly said that the Seraphim are the pinnacle of all his work so unless we expect God's Knights to be weaker than the Seraphim I don't think it makes sense.

I'm guessing that God's Knights have always been a part of the WG and have multiple generations going back to the start of the WG. They are probably the original military powers of the CD. It would be best if God's Knights are comprised of CD themselves or families that have strong ties to the CD going back to the foundation of the WG.

I expect them all to be very well trained since they have access to all the possible resources ever needed. We already know that WG looks for kids with incredible fighting potential to groom them so they could have already been doing this among themselves. Imagine a group of people that had similar potential to Doffy, that received training from the best of the best (Doffy only got Trevor who by OP universe standards is low), had access to the best DFs, best equipment etc.

Wouldn't be surprised if they even have ancient advanced tech from Ancient Kingdom that they could use in combat. Maybe this will be like Skypiea 2.0 where we get to see new fighting style that uses things like Dials etc but new tech.
 

Zmsp

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
1,272
Reaction score
1,354
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I don't think Gods Knights are going to be genetically engineered, that is what the Seraphim are for. Vegapunk explicitly said that the Seraphim are the pinnacle of all his work so unless we expect God's Knights to be weaker than the Seraphim I don't think it makes sense.
Let me just say that I agree that they're probably not engineered, or at least not all of them, but how certain are we that Vegapunk is the only scientist capable of doing that sort of stuff? If Ancient Technology is futuristic stuff that actually hails from the past, it seems reasonable for the government to actually have a few aces up their sleeve. I'm not questioning what Vegapunk is to the world of science, but contemplating that most of Celestial Dragon stuff is not known to the world anyways.

Vegapunk mentioned a scientist that theorized about the weight of souls, and we have in world physicist named Willie Gallon who said: "Anything that man can imagine is a possibility in reality". We never got to know anything about him, but this feels like what Vegapunk theorized about Devil Fruits.

I hope they're not, but...
 

WILDCARD 1 7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2017
Messages
1,461
Reaction score
2,786
Country
Galactic Empire
You know the more I think about it the more I think the God Valley battle may have been a three-way battle.
Rock crew
Holy Knights/ Marines
Roger crew.
I mean Garp teamed up with Roger but I don't think everyone else did. And just agreed to leave after Xebec.
Or at least it started out as a three-way fight.

Reason why is with the strength that everyone soon so far I find it hard to believe that ROCKS could fight all of them.

On another note now we've got the name and face of the leader of the Holy Knights.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
You know the more I think about it the more I think the God Valley battle may have been a three-way battle.
Rock crew
Holy Knights/ Marines
Roger crew.
I mean Garp teamed up with Roger but I don't think everyone else did. And just agreed to leave after Xebec.
Or at least it started out as a three-way fight.

Reason why is with the strength that everyone soon so far I find it hard to believe that ROCKS could fight all of them.

On another note now we've got the name and face of the leader of the Holy Knights.
Rocks had Whitebeard and the others with him, if anything I find it hard to believe that Roger and Garp did it.
 

WILDCARD 1 7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2017
Messages
1,461
Reaction score
2,786
Country
Galactic Empire
Rocks had Whitebeard and the others with him, if anything I find it hard to believe that Roger and Garp did it.
I said eventually team up.
Roger had Rayleigh and Scopper who's probably only slightly behind Rayleigh.
And the world government had Garp Sengoku and these Holy Knights who everyone believes at least has two or three admiral tier.
Sure the ROCKS crew might have been a bit stronger but only a bit.
And the Marines notorious for being absolute. So that's why I think it would have been a three-way fight threw out most of it. And towards the end the Marines very reluctantly teamed up with Roger.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,334
Reaction score
24,941
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
We know the tenryubito are descendants of kings from 800 years ago who joined together to form the world government. I think it's fair to frame these 20 original kings as conquerors. It probably won't apply to all of them but at least a few fitting into this makes sense IMO. With that in mind consider the fighters the tenryubito have produced:

- Garlin (unclear how strong but at least yonko executive level to begin to justify dragon's concern for god's knights)
- Doflamingo. Fairly strong combatant, probably just shy of calamities and sweet commanders.
- Rosinante. Well weaker than doflamingo but still pretty strong by new world standards.
- Shanks: Presumably a member of the figarland family.

As a sidenote there's also charlos to consider. He isn't strong by any means but even as a spoiled tenryubito brat he has taken absurd amounts of damage and survived. First from luffy at sambaody where he was punched. Luffy was still capable of lifting builds at this point, his punches are deadly. Then from mjosgard more recently where he survived a hammer to the face. And he also seemingly survived sai's and leo's attack (though I am uncertain about this one).

Now here is what I am thinking: The tenryubito probably are mostly (but not exclusively) descendants of powerful bloodlines. Similar to momonozuke or oden who can easily attribute their strength to the natural strength of their bloodline. This is how they have produced all the powerful warriors we have seen and how god's knights can be a major force in the world even in spite of tenryubito being spoiled brats who live exclusively in comfort.
 

WILDCARD 1 7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2017
Messages
1,461
Reaction score
2,786
Country
Galactic Empire
Either way. It's safe to say that their hinted at power is enough to have Dragon mention combat for the first time.

Dragon has been Blaze about battle, and more about strat the entire time.

So this leads me to believe they would be enough for he to dust off the old devil fruit.
Well with that Kuma flashback we can at now confirm that the Holy Knights existed before the God valley Incident lol.
And that they're strong enough to combatant both the Roger and Rocks pirates apparently.

( I was going through some older thread's and came back to this one).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

You know the more I think about it the more I think the God Valley battle may have been a three-way battle.
Rock crew
Holy Knights/ Marines
Roger crew.
I mean Garp teamed up with Roger but I don't think everyone else did. And just agreed to leave after Xebec.
Or at least it started out as a three-way fight.
And I was also right about it being a three-way battle lol
 

TitaniumOxide

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2012
Messages
1,342
Reaction score
1,130
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Damn no time so I cannot read all your response but I wanna leave mine so here it is rly quick.

St Figarland Garling is probably the most powerful of them all but my question is are people who are not tenryuubitos allowed to become holy knights? If we are guessing at strength, I think there are a myriad of people in the OP world that are just beasts that no one (or at least never been mentioned in the manga) have met yet but boom all of a sudden they are Admirals. I'd argue that there are probably more people who are not celestial dragons than there are celestial dragons which would mean their pool of candidates would be much smaller to choose from to become Holy Knights unless taken from the "outside" which means I don't their ranks would have too many people at Admiral tier or higher. Figarland might be that strong or stronger but the rest of them? Maybe some of them would be beastly like that but probably not too many. "Many" leaders that is. I bet each Holy Knights got their own squad going and the people in that silhouette are probably the Squad Bosses.

That said if we look at how old Law is, that would mean the ope ope have been out of circulation for around 2 decades so we can also assume that if the Holy Knights only came about after God Valley then there is a very good chance that none of them have had that operation unless that was done prior to them become Holy Knights. I do think, however that some of them can be VERY old even without the ope ope op. These guys are probably on par with Figarland due to experience and whatnot. I'm talking Kureha old btw, if Kureha can do it then the WG might have the same tech. And thanks to said tech, they may have kept their strength as if they were in their prime.
 

CharlosTenryuubito

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2022
Messages
404
Reaction score
434
Age
36
Country
United Kingdom
Everyone in OP world can train to the level of superhuman, doesnt have to be engineered.
 

chess4

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
5,215
Reaction score
1,555
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Does anyone think the god knights will be clones of other strong pirates?
 

TitaniumOxide

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2012
Messages
1,342
Reaction score
1,130
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Does anyone think the god knights will be clones of other strong pirates?
Yes. But I'd rather they not be clones. Shank's twin is the furthest it should go.
 

costicla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2007
Messages
691
Reaction score
606
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Does anyone think the god knights will be clones of other strong pirates?
Not really, no. The God Knights are all more than likely from other Celestial Dragon families, just like Garland and totallynotShanks'brother/sister/cousin. The Seraphim wouldn't really have much of a point if there were already other super mega powerful clones running around as God Knights. Plus I want actual new characters, not slightly tanned versions of already existing characters.
 
Last edited:

WILDCARD 1 7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2017
Messages
1,461
Reaction score
2,786
Country
Galactic Empire
You know reading some of these post, plus all those Shanks relative ones got me thinking about those Sanji is related to a CD theories. If he's does have relatives (distant) that are CD then I'll bet one of them is a Holy Knight.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
You know reading some of these post, plus all those Shanks relative ones got me thinking about those Sanji is related to a CD theories. If he's does have relatives (distant) that are CD then I'll bet one of them is a Holy Knight.
At some point Oda did intended Judge name to be Saint Germain
 
Top