How about your choice? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

How about your choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seasonwind

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
China
Hey guys, greeting to all first.:)
I am new here and want to seek some opinions here. My brother loves One Piece so much and he always like collecting something concerning this manga. So I am looking for something new for him as his Christmas gift. I just found 2 sets which seem to be good choices as following: http://www.tinydeal.com/6pcs-cute-one-piece-figure-collection-model-set-pxa2j6-faa13756-p-12353.html and http://www.tinydeal.com/5-pcs-cute-...on-model-toy-set-pxa2j6-naa12194-p-11199.html . Which one would be better in your opinions? Honestly speaking, I've never seen this series/manga before, just know little about it. So I need your ideas and could you help me please?
Thanks in advance.

Tengou

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I would say the choice depends on your brother's age. The first set is a bit cartoonish in proportion, whereas the second shows more... ehum... anatomical precision. The second set looks very nice, I'll admit. What upcoming adolescent boy wouldn't like to have a bikini clad Nami on their desk? :p Heh, just kidding.

MaiSiaoSiao

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
How bout asking him which OP character he likes the most and buying that character figurine for him?If its a present you dont want him to know untill xmas i think the 2nd one looks nicer.Even though they"re smaller in size.

kulugo

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Last edited:

Anduren

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree with Tengou, but I also think that for a true fan of One Piece the first set would be a classic no matter the age.

seasonwind

Reaction score
Country
China
How bout asking him which OP character he likes the most and buying that character figurine for him?If its a present you dont want him to know untill xmas i think the 2nd one looks nicer.Even though they"re smaller in size.
My brother likes MONKEY·D·LUFFY most. But I still cannot find a good toy of this figure. Any good recommendations? For myself, I like the sweet deer (maybe its name is TONY TONY CHOPPER?), though I haven't seen this manga. :p
Oh, I didn't notice the size. The second one is smaller than the first one? had expected that the second one would be bigger.:darn

I agree with Tengou, but I also think that for a true fan of One Piece the first set would be a classic no matter the age.
I also think that the first set is cuter.:amuse

Last edited:

kulugo

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
wow, $11 each for the 2nd set? don't get that, i bought that for less than $5 each a few years ago. and i told you the rubbers on that set tends to get loose, look at the guy holding a cigarette he's bending backwards. the guy with the blue hair will bend forward since hes top heavy. im not saying these are fakes but ive seen fakes of this set, check the eyes carefully and the paint.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Out of the two sets; I would go for the first one. Sure it looks cartoonish but I think they look better than the figurines in the second set tbh.

As for a Monkey D. Luffy figurine; there are plenty to choose from lol. I like the look of the Strong World Movie figurine. :nod

Take a look at Nightmare Luffy hahaha~ Not the kind of quality I would be interested in though.

seasonwind

Reaction score
Country
China
Out of the two sets; I would go for the first one. Sure it looks cartoonish but I think they look better than the figurines in the second set tbh.

As for a Monkey D. Luffy figurine; there are plenty to choose from lol. I like the look of the Strong World Movie figurine. :nod

Take a look at Nightmare Luffy hahaha~ Not the kind of quality I would be interested in though.
Wow, the first one is very cool~ U know where can get it?

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just checked it out on Amazon.co.uk; it's a bit pricey. :sweatdrop I didn't expect it to be THAT expensive lol.

What's your budget btw? I'm not much a collector neither do I have a keen interest in figurines, etc but you should take a look at this website. There are plenty of other OP merchandise/toys you could consider for a xmas gift. ^^

kulugo

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, there are a lot of "fakes" out there lol. Cheaper material-use and a lack of quality detail which many seem to ignore...

If it's going to be used to "play with" lol than I wouldn't be too fussy about it in the end. If it's for a collection purpose only...well that's a completely different matter. I hope you found something nice in the end! Merry xmas and happy new year! xD

Navid.

Reaction score
Country
Iran
Not big on figures personally but the 1st set from the opening post definitely is the one I'd go for... They just have a lot more personality than the other figures and look unique.

Out of the 1st set, Luffy, Zoro and Chopper capture the characters feel and look the best I think.

:)

seasonwind

Reaction score
Country
China
You are so nice and professional, I think I come to the right place. lol
Happy New Year to all~XD
By the way, I want to know which female character do you like most? Nami? Or boa-hancok(I found many guys like this:D)?

Last edited:

Navid.

Reaction score
Country
Iran
Happy new year! :)

As for female character, we talking character wise or looks wise?

If it's overall character, Nami by far for me as she has had a lot more back-story and development in the plot... Going simply by looks I'd probably say Boa simply because I prefer girls with brown/black hair.

Feels like I'm filling out a focus test questionnaire. lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.