- Joined
- May 14, 2009
- Messages
- 26
- Reaction score
- 3
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
I have thought of this question for quite some time.
How did the admirals become so strong? What kind of training would they most likely have undergone? Rokushiki training? Haki training? Training up their own devil fruit abilities?
On the other hand, don't NW pirates train as well? Conquering territories and trying to best one another in battle? Through this endeavour, I expect their combat skills to, per se, "level up."
Yet, at the marineford arc, we see how little the pirates fared against the admirals (except for Whitebeard, that is). Marco and Jozu were, frankly, quite pathetic. What more about Ace? Assumingly he had haki (colour of armaments), he could HAVE put up a defense against Akainu. But what we see is Akainu completely curbstomping him. Assuming Akainu's COA haki overpowering Ace's COA, what MADE Akainu have a higher degree of control of COA over Ace? Was "Ace" slacking as a fighter? Or is it the admirals have been trying to perfect their art?
Another alternative explanation that I can think of is that the admirals are fast learners? I spoke about this issue to a friend before, and he suggested that as the admirals are physically older in age, that could have explained the perfecting of their abilities. If so, what is the limiting factor on age then? We know that Whitebeard fought at marineford with some of his power diminished due to old age, so then, to what age will one's physical prowess diminish? However, Whitebeard still retains much of his strength though, to be considered a threat.
Another way to phrase my question is "why can't anyone chase up to the admiral's level and stand toe-to-toe with them?"
Okay, enough ranting for now. I think I'm thinking too much. XD
How did the admirals become so strong? What kind of training would they most likely have undergone? Rokushiki training? Haki training? Training up their own devil fruit abilities?
On the other hand, don't NW pirates train as well? Conquering territories and trying to best one another in battle? Through this endeavour, I expect their combat skills to, per se, "level up."
Yet, at the marineford arc, we see how little the pirates fared against the admirals (except for Whitebeard, that is). Marco and Jozu were, frankly, quite pathetic. What more about Ace? Assumingly he had haki (colour of armaments), he could HAVE put up a defense against Akainu. But what we see is Akainu completely curbstomping him. Assuming Akainu's COA haki overpowering Ace's COA, what MADE Akainu have a higher degree of control of COA over Ace? Was "Ace" slacking as a fighter? Or is it the admirals have been trying to perfect their art?
Another alternative explanation that I can think of is that the admirals are fast learners? I spoke about this issue to a friend before, and he suggested that as the admirals are physically older in age, that could have explained the perfecting of their abilities. If so, what is the limiting factor on age then? We know that Whitebeard fought at marineford with some of his power diminished due to old age, so then, to what age will one's physical prowess diminish? However, Whitebeard still retains much of his strength though, to be considered a threat.
Another way to phrase my question is "why can't anyone chase up to the admiral's level and stand toe-to-toe with them?"
Okay, enough ranting for now. I think I'm thinking too much. XD