Question How did the Kurta massacre play out?

PhantomShalnark

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 30, 2013
Messages
14
Reaction score
3
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
So, now that the special manga for Kurapika's past has been released, along with the movie Phantom Rouge, we know how the Kurta actually died - but what steps were taken to get there? What happened?

We saw the picture of the Phantom Troupe five years prior to the Yorknew arc, showing them just about to head off to the massacre as indicated by the knife in the map and Omakage being present. It was a strange picture, particularilly the part where Shalnark was wearing clothes almost identical to that of the Kurta clan.
So, what was there plan? How did they learn so much about the Kurta clan?
An inside person?
The Hunter website (is Shal had it back then)?
A traitor?

Not to mention the message that they left, stating "We accept anything, so take nothing from us."
Is there something the clan took from them?
 

SHINOBI-03

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
839
Reaction score
2,420
Age
37
Gender
Male
Not to mention the message that they left, stating "We accept anything, so take nothing from us."
Is there something the clan took from them?
My guess it had something to do with the crooks used by the elder to foil Kurapika's test? Something like "How dare you use our pals for your schemes" sorta thing?
 

PhantomShalnark

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 30, 2013
Messages
14
Reaction score
3
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
My guess it had something to do with the crooks used by the elder to foil Kurapika's test? Something like "How dare you use our pals for your schemes" sorta thing?
I'm not so sure that the Phantom Troupe knew those guys, but it could explain how they heard about the clan members, and could target a certain location to try and find them.
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I've always thought it was tied into Sheila somehow, either intentionally (she was working or hired by the troupe) or unintentionally (they were spying on her and happened to witness her interactions with Kurapika and Pairo).

As for Shalnark being a Kurta--I'm still unsure about this. He has the clothing style, but I'm not sure if he's an actual Kurta.
 

PhantomShalnark

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 30, 2013
Messages
14
Reaction score
3
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
As for Shalnark being a Kurta--I'm still unsure about this. He has the clothing style, but I'm not sure if he's an actual Kurta.
I have my doubts about Shal being a Kurta clan reject. I believe that Togashi would have said something about it by now, and Shal should have recognized something about them that connected himself to their clan.
 
Top