How did you get your username?

TsunayoshiSawada

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 29, 2010
Messages
28
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
I'm surprised mine actually wasn't taken. Being a Reborn fan, and a Tsuna fan no less, I always try for this name first before all others. And, it seems, it was available here.
 

Mauricio Raphael

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2010
Messages
110
Reaction score
14
Gender
Male
Country
United States
My username comes from the names I was given in my high school Spanish classes.
 

Cookie Frog

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 14, 2010
Messages
41
Reaction score
21
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
ehh I had a bet with my cousin. We was watching a footie match with Arsenal v Chelsea I think, and if Arsenal won, then she would give me £25. I had just got a PS3 that day, so she said if Chelsea wins, then she gets to name my PSN name. So Chelsea won >_<

She's in hospital right now, so I see my name as a kind of tribute. :)
 

DSlayer

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 20, 2010
Messages
14
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Serbia
At first I would use Dragon Slayer but since I read Fairy Tail I decided to change it to the short version that is DSlayer :)
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Okay guys, people have probably asked me hundreds of times how I got my username (3cm, 3cmm, 3c, whatever). So here it officially is.

Me and some friends played XBOX (Halo 1, yes ONE) many years ago, split screen. We all wanted joke names. I took 3cm because... Well it was funny. The rest took names like p40q (completely random too), o_o (yes also random) etc. And because I found the name funny I decided to use it at an anime/manga forum I was a member of previously, also many years ago, way before MH. I never planned on getting active there, but I did so the name stayed and became known. Later I started providing the site with spoilers, so I made an user on the #1 spoiler site of the world, MH. 3cm was taken so I added another "m" in a hurry, making 3cmm. I never planned on actually posting here so I didn't really care. Then later one post became a hundred, and suddenly I was known as "3cmm", or "3c" again (lol). So yeah somehow the nick stuck with me. As some of you may have noticed I abbreviated 3cmm into 3c today. Reason being because the "mm"'s were totally random and didn't fit, besides everyone calls me 3c now. So there you have it.
 

lordHokage

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
4,697
Reaction score
421
Gender
Female
Country
Bahamas
I got my username 'lordHokage' from Naruto Manga/Anime series and I loved it. :)
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Originally my nickname is T33K3SS3LCH3N, which is the german word for tea pot with all "e"s replaced by "3"s. Teekesselchen is also the name for a german word play game and the name looks absolutely absurd what I kinda like.
It's coming from my "internet background" as a pc gamer and it just was a huge hype to replace letters with numbers (this leet speak stuff) which later became popular all over the internet... I just thought of my way of making fun of it by choosing a word containing only "e" as vocals while it's also a pun with a pun game and a meaningless word :amuse
Since nobody would understand that in international forums, I chose Roflkopt3r here because I always liked this stupid word :amuse

Btw rules for Teekesselchen/Tea pot (I know that it's known in English as well but I believe the game is much more common in Germany.)
A player chooses a word holding different meanings and calls it "Tea pot". Then he paraphrases the different meanings and the other players have to guess the word.
For example "My teapot contains alot of numbers. I also put my dishes on it when I eat." The right answer would be "table" then.
 
Last edited:

Martha_04

Intl Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 23, 2010
Messages
12
Reaction score
64
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
Martha - my name, 04 - my lucky number :)
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Kakashi is my favorite character in Naruto. But if i try to use Kakashi alone it's already in use. So i just add 919 to all my user names :)
 

MrKira444

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 1, 2010
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
Youtube gave it to me XD

I just putted "Kira", but it was already in use, so it suggested me to use "MrKira444" and I picked it.
 

herminihildo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 3, 2010
Messages
21
Reaction score
2
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
my cousin's friend's name is Herminijildo. I couldn't think of a username in dA that time and thinking of something unique. Another cousin of mine, which was his sister, suggested to use that name instead. I laughed so hard that time and then I used this name ever since. I didn't know the spelling so it turned out to be herminihildo instead.:D
 

steelwingcrash1

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2010
Messages
554
Reaction score
111
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
steelwingcrash1? I just typed it, that's all. I always use steelwingcrash1 ever since time immemorial. It sounds so cool. Many asked me if this was related to Pokemon. Well, not really. I just typed steelwingcrash1 on my own, and voila, here I am using it always!
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Well, you know, I got annoyed from all the jokes about the nick and I needed a change. :p Kidding. All the jokes were fun, but I really wanted a better one, so... yeah. About the new one: it's derrived from my name (Adriana), actually how I like to write it usually - Adrienne, and the way my name would sound in Japanese - Adoriana (people usually say it's cute, because it kinda sounds like 'adore' :p). So yeah, there you have it.
Oh, and no more jokes, please. :p
Pretty please? :blink
 

AL_Briton

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 28, 2010
Messages
31
Reaction score
21
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Honduras
This has been my nick since a long long time ago.
AL for my initials. Briton was the civilization i used in Age of Empires, although later on i started to use the Byzantines but it just didn't sound good AL_Byzantine so i left it as it is AL_Briton.
 

mattiaildivino

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
9,896
Reaction score
1,607
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
MATTIA IL DIVINO in English is MATTIA the Divine.
 

Corsa

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 10, 2011
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Corsa is a short from corsa di tempo (my lj name & various other username) I created it when I was really mad about Doctor Who and using yahoo translation of time traveller it came up with this (don't think is the exact translation) but I've stick with it sense. And Corsa sounds much more like a name then username and is my friend who first started to call me using Corsa on the net.
 

RoseLover

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 12, 2011
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Well mine is a simple story well Roses are one of my favorite flowers
 

g0dzax

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2010
Messages
639
Reaction score
195
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Mine doesn't have any real meaning,besides g0d(which 0=zero it's not letter O)which obviously means god,zax has no real meaning,I was just trying to find something with which to finish the god name,so I figured it should be an abstract name.

Damn,i'm very curious and like to know everything about gods.(they're very fascinating)
 

Day

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2011
Messages
232
Reaction score
108
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I honestly don't remember how I came up with the name Kyouria. It's been used as my IGN in MMORPGs and it kind of stuck with me.
 
Top