How did you get your username? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

How did you get your username?

rhapsody blue

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I was wonder how everyone picked his/her username. There's a lot of unique names here and I'm curious how you decided on yours.

My username is a nickname my friends gave me my first year of college. A lot of people mispronounce my last name, which amused a lot of people. She thought it would be fun to combine the first initial of my name with the mispronunciation of my last name; hence snoogen (pronounced sa-nugent). The 0120 is just a reference to my birthday.

kiddo7

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
I was trying to think of a generic username Icould easily remember that would not give away ro much about myself. and since I have at the time recently seen Kill Bill 1&2, I picked the name of the protagonist.

manu

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Amanuel is my first name

A"manu"el

Nickname i got in high school ^^

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I like dragons. And that was a time when I was still into Pokemon :oh But I didn't want to use the real name, so I added the 'z', which sounds prettier. :D

I've been using this since 2000. XD

weiss-raine

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, my username weiss-raine is a combination of two. weiss means white and I like the way it sounded so I picked that. raine came from my crush's name and I added an e to make it sound more feminine. After that I combined the two so that's about it I guess.

One Eyed Sharingan

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
hmmm.....i'm a Kakashi fanboy, i'm pretty simple ain't i?

Tamerlane

=D
Reaction score
Country
United States
Goodness I have been using this name for years....to the point I can not even really remember where I picked it up. o_O

I know that it is the title of an Edgar Allen Poe poem and that it was the name of a Turkish warlord (who was very brutal).

If someone asks me where the name is from I normally point them in the direction of the poem....but to be very honest I did not read the poem until 2 years ago and I have been using the name long before that.

....it just always has sounded right to me to be using it. ^_______^

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Tamerlane said:
....it just always has sounded right to me to be using it. ^_______^
Sounds like a streetname in london where they had lots of S&M basements, eh, are you sure it's so you-ish? :oh (j/k)

My username... has been with me for a few years now, Khaludh is the original form, i first used it as the name for my Tomb Prince ( egyptian skeleton lord from the warhammer tabletop miniature battle game - full name: Khaludh III, son of Sekhmett, of Lybaras ), and i later used it as the name of a medieval prince from a country inspired on germany ( named Leitz ) in a story i was writing... When i first got here i had my name as Khaludh, but shortly afterwards i changed it to just "Khal", because everyone kept typoing it... ;____; But now i'm back at my roots :D

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
uhhh.... i won't write the whole history here... it got from 'bigearthdragon88' over 'dragon_on_fire' to 'ttxdragon'

as you can see, all have dragon in it... i love dragons - asian dragons to be more precise, i can't stand the european/celtic versions.
what's more, my chinese zodiac is a earthdragon.
the 'ttx' means tetrodotoxin - a very potent poison. the blowfish is the most widely known animal that contains it, i think.
yeah, so, i love the poisons name and sound and dragons.
so, i combined it...
the reason for the namechanges were in-game things from some games... until i got stuck with 'ttxdragon' and 'ttx' to abbreviate it, if there is a very low char-limit...

nothing spectacular huh?

rabb

Reaction score
Country
United States
when i was 13, i was the only person in my family who was good with maps, and we were moving back across the country for the second time (2000+ miles) and i was relaying instructions to them with a walkie talkie. because of this, they started calling me "rabbit" as my favorite movie was Twister, and the guy with the maps was named rabbit. about a year after that, my girlfriend started calling me Rabbi. that lasted for about a week. we then droped the i, and Rabbs been my sn since i was 14.

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hm, let's see. Well, I love Kakashi, and I could see myself married to him, and LadyHatake would be one (formal) way to address the wife of Kakashi, and it sounded cute, so I decided to use it ^^

ijoit3k

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Hm, as for me..ijoi is my nickname since i'm just a little boy use by my family...so i added "tek"(malay Version) to make it sounded like "tech" (english version)...but since tek sounded like tetek(malay) which mean boobs(english).. i use number 3 as substitute for the aph 'e' which is i think cool XD

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Well this is the story, all 'bout how
My life got turned upside down...

(Not really. <.<)

My usual online handle is/was Herminator (real name Herman, so it's a pun, not just a random typo of "Terminator"), but decided to have it shortened for practical reasons.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
It's obvious that i'm a fan of Ichimaru Gin. I added the tonic part cause when i was in my second year of high school, Oasis (one of my favourite band) made their debut album with their single Supersonic. They mention gin & tonic somewhere in the song and i just happened to be listening to it while i was registering here.

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
Reaction score
Country
France
Xophien is the name of a character in a fanfic I wrote a long time ago. I was looking for an original name, and ended up with this one, that is an anagram of Phoenix, my past username. Since there are just too many people called phoenix out there, I decided to keep Xophien (plus I like the sound of it :amuse).

Tamerlane

=D
Reaction score
Country
United States
Khaludh said:
Sounds like a streetname in london where they had lots of S&M basements, eh, are you sure it's so you-ish? :oh (j/k)
>__________<

I have never been to London and S&M things scare me.

.........and this is why people get pointed to the poem instead. :oh

Ayah

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I was stumped on thinking of a username when I was about to register in a certain message board so I decided to use the last 4 letters of my surname spelled backwards :p

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Ayah said:
I was stumped on thinking of a username when I was about to register in a certain message board so I decided to use the last 4 letters of my surname spelled backwards :p
Well, somebody probably told you this before. in my language, Ayah means Dad/Father. :D

Ayah

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I know :sweat Well, I didn't until I joined MH. I've also heard from conan that a verse from the Qur'an is called an ayah too.

EDIT:
2222nd post!