How did you get your username?

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
I won mine in a lottery!
 

RezzieThaRapper

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2009
Messages
867
Reaction score
406
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm a songwriter and have quite a few songs released online... google Rezzie The Rue if you'd like to find me... I take up like the first 4 pages lmao

I planned on using my real name, but Devante Bennett just seems lame to me.. lol
 

Miihoo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 1, 2013
Messages
12
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
England
I got the name from the manga Bakuman. There is a character called "Miho", I thought the name was really cute and thus used it here. However, Miho was taken, so I ended up with Miihoo.

...It looks Korean as a result.
 

liductan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2011
Messages
854
Reaction score
3,074
Gender
Female
Country
United States
hey, this thread is interesting...lets see...I am lazy and decide that the easiest way no one would have my username is to combine my first and last name together.
simple and easy..
 

kidopitz27

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 20, 2010
Messages
3,637
Reaction score
1,163
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
my username is like the story of my life hahahahaha

the KIDO is my nickname i don't know who came with that nickname but the story goes like when i was a kid they called me that because i always eat Kid-o biscuit

the PI - came from my childhood friend because some of my classmates are teasing me "Joe Kido" from digimon (i like digimon though :)) and they added the PI and thank god it went ok i don't want to be called Joe Kido for the rest of my life :D

the TZ - came from my crush when i was on high school because she pronounce my nickname like this "KIDOPIE" and she taught that i was a bit girly and she said that i don't look like a pie and added the TZ

the 27 is my birth date :D
 

Koyomi_Araragi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 28, 2009
Messages
11
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
El Salvador
I chose my username because I felt the same way as Araragi (bakemonogatari) in that time
 

artistRainwater

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 22, 2013
Messages
9
Reaction score
4
Gender
Female
Country
United States
artistRainwater is actually suppose to be just "Rainwater," which is my artist-pen name. Rainwater came to be when I was writing a short story called "Rain Water." Then one year, Rob Thomas wrote a song called "Ever the Same" and one of the lyrics sung: "We were free like water, flowing down under the warmth of the sun..." and the phrase "free like water" hit a nerve with my first short story "Rain Water." Plus, I love the rain. I don't find it depressing, but rather cleansing, washing away the world of all its turmoil and sadness. So, "Rainwater" became my name. And plus, my real is kinda hard to pronounce (as are most Asian names, lol!) :P
 

JuniperD

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 8, 2013
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Age
33
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
My username is my first name and my last initial.

Usually though for these types of sites, I use the username "mossbraker" which is a song from a broken social scene album that enjoy.
 

AspiringManga

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 2, 2013
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I got my username because I love manga and hope to achieve a publishing in Japan one of these days. I always thought I was meant to be born Japanese, as I love discipline and structure, and most of all I love the diversity and art of the culture.
 

Hippo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 28, 2013
Messages
8
Reaction score
4
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
I was playing around facebook, until I clicked an app. "Which animal are you?"
So I got "Hippo", and my friend kept calling me Hippo, or in swedish. So I liked that name, and instead of using my real name, I started to use "Hippo". And everyone is calling me Hippo now. :3
 

AshCandyPop

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2013
Messages
40
Reaction score
24
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Ashley is a nickname I use when I go out derived from my ex's real nickname (Ash) and mine (Ey).

Candypop is a phrase that kind of struck my mind while making a user name.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I guess mine is easy, I was watching Free! anime and then Rin is like a shark and then theres Haruka, and then the fandom seemed to just suggest Sharkbait for their pairing canon name, its kind of fitting...
 

Zezima

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2013
Messages
2
Reaction score
6
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I was surprised this name wasn't taken. I used to play runescape and if any of you guys played that game you would know who zezima is. That guy is a legend! So I decided to choose this username.
 

liferaftforone

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 28, 2013
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
i was having a conversation with an ex friend, and i said i was sad that i could only change myself, and that i couldnt fix it when someone was going to get themselves hurt, so in my mind i was in a life raft with only room for one

my usernames change a lot, on other sites i had names like dizzy_enigma, ichigo_hime, _nightmare_child
Dr_death_defying, Awkward_killjoy,Awkward_elf
yup,, pretty sad
 

BeyondAnother

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
30
Reaction score
8
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Dragonstone
"Beyond" from "Beyond the Boundary" that anime

Originally it was going to be "BeyondOhAmethyst" because Amethyst is a type of gem meaning "strength" and "healing", and beyond as in it has a deeper meaning a deeper strength...
 

dee02

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 12, 2013
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
dee is my nickname and i using it for all my usernames..it's short and simple.. ^_^
 

Mermit

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 21, 2013
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Joker
Mermaid + Hermit = Mermit

Our ocean is the lifeblood of Earth, covering more than 70 percent of the planet's surface, driving weather, regulating temperature, and ultimately supporting all living organisms. Throughout my life, the ocean has been a vital source of sustenance, transport, growth, and inspiration. Yet for all of our reliance on the ocean, 95 percent of this realm remains unexplored, unseen by human eyes. The origin of my name remains much a mystery as the sea, thus I have come to name myself Mermit.
 

CaptainBravo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 12, 2014
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I got by my username by witnessing the greatest and most awesome anime character ever.
I just hope his awesomeness will one day rub off on me..

- In the words of Michael Scott, "That's what she said."
 

Sakura Saluja

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2013
Messages
161
Reaction score
34
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
Well... I've been using "Sakura" as a username on more forums so it finally became my nickname and got to add Saluja (one of my fav char's surname) cuz it was already taken :p
 

NibbPower

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2011
Messages
60
Reaction score
22
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I got my username from a group I made on Steam. Originally, I was going to use it for advertisement but then I found out that not many people know what Steam is. So then I gave up on that and use it as a username/nickname of something.
Nibb is another way I like to say noob / nub. And Power is just means that its strong. So that's how I got NibbPower meaning Noobs are winners / powerful.
 
Top