Question How do you feel about Lisanna?

Honest feelings on Lisanna?


  • Total voters
    88

Lord Ainz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2016
Messages
1,226
Reaction score
2,182
Age
37
Country
Imperium of Mankind
STOP!

Lisanna means the world to me.

Pffff is that supposed to be a compelling argument. Try saying why. What she did to make her so supposedly precious presuming you're not outright trolling since your gif could be interpreted both ways
 

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
In all fairness, regarding the "Lisanna being weak argument"..

You gotta admit, a lot of characters weren't particularly strong at the beginning of the series. Especially when it comes to the fan favorites..

I hate to point this out, but the truth is that Lucy and Levy were practically "weak" when they were first introduced into the manga. Levy is a given factor, but she still maintained high popularity, especially when the Gajeel x Levy ship started to progress.

As for Lucy, she was an inexperienced Celestial Spirit Mage at the start of the manga. She only had a few golden zodiac keys and maybe several silver ones. Throughout the series, she's worked her way up in the ranks, but she was still pretty green during the early chapters.


That said, I actually don't mind Lisanna staying weak.

I've always thought that the Strauss Siblings had an interesting dynamic. Mira is the eldest and the strongest, arguably taking on the most formidable takeover of a demon. She always protected Elfman and Lisanna that way.

Elfman is the middle child and is above average when it comes to combat. He always boasts himself of being a man, but still always holds Mira to higher regards.

And Lisanna is the passive type of wizard, where she is not exceptionally strong, but makes up for her personality. Together, she and Elfman played a large role in comforting Mira when she first took over the demon to protect the three siblings.

In fact, Lisanna and Elfman learned takeover forms of their own, just to be like their eldest sister, since Mira was self-conscious of her being the only one with a demon form as a kid.


So the trend goes from youngest - oldest, where Lisanna is the most passive-natured one and Mira is the most badass one.

And again, I see nothing wrong with that dynamic, in fact, it has become my favorite dynamic-relation throughout the entire series.

Not to mention, Mashima really gave her a good style of appearance in the Alvarez Arc. So I see nothing wrong with this character, since many others were just like her at one point, yet their popularity still ranked top of the charts.


Lisanna was never meant to be a powerhouse that slips a boob out every other chapter..

Considering Mashima has taken that generic direction with all his females, Lisanna actually stands out quite nicely once in a while.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Imo it doesn't matter that Lisanna is weak. Ichiya is a top character for me, he'd probably lose in a match to Lisanna. That's not to say someone's fighting ability is irrelevant (in a battle manga). Half the reason I like Gildarts is because of his strength. In Naruto, I started to feel less love for Yondaime because of his fodderisms in the war.

I don't think you need to justify to much extent why you dislike a character. There's always certain triggers that do it. And that cocktail = like/neutral/dislike. Her re-introduction into the story, her repugnant takeovers, and being an anchor for Mirajane are my main gripes with Lisanna.
 

Zelefomavis

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2016
Messages
475
Reaction score
1,308
Age
31
Country
France
her repugnant takeovers.
How dare you. Dat bunny take over is my life. Yes sure it is overrated, no it is not spriggan level yet, but give lisanna, dat magic genius , a break.... she is the one being anchored by Mira, she is just too nice and does not want to outshine her loose sister. Who wants to look like Seilah when you can be class lile that :

 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,385
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
This original animal soul takeover from Tenrou Island is sexy. And all you dishes can fight me if you say otherwise!!!



This small scene of the GH fodder attacking while Mira holds Lisanna's hand is precious.



Because. Family isn't a weakness that holds you back.



It's strength.



Mashima just abuses this bond. Yet......... It's not like Hiro never used a ship to hold a character back. But if you look at Elfman vs Sol and Mira vs Freed. One had Mira being captured and Elfman mentally tortured. And the other had Elfman tortured. So if Lisanna wasn't around than Mira or Elfman would be held against the other. Like the ships are used for other characters.

@Nemispelled
"Lisanna was never meant to be a powerhouse that slips a boob out every other chapter..
Considering Mashima has taken that generic direction with all his females, Lisanna actually stands out quite nicely once in a while." -

But Lisanna does get the fanservice stick hit against her. She like Mavis just gets less panel time, which protects them some. So you don't notice it as much, but it is still there....















Which leads us to Mest covering her up.... ^_^



I could find some more chapters it I wanted to but.... This is what Mashima does.
 
Last edited:

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I don't think being weak is a valid reason to dislike a character.

I don't actually dislike Lisanna. Disliking a character usually involves them having traits that I dislike. If I met someone with Lisanna's personality, I wouldn't dislike them. Lisanna hasn't done anything that has warrant me to hate her. That said, I simply don't find Lisanna very interesting. Lisanna's storyline is more or less completely resolved, and her character isn't a major game changer as far as the main plot is concerned. She's kind of...just there.
 

Saigon

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2017
Messages
51
Reaction score
84
Age
28
Country
United States
I dont mind Lisanna, but i wish she wasnt always used to Hold Mira back in a way? like most fights it seems like Lisanna is there and is in trouble so mira cant focus on the battle or use her full power.
 

Jko

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
18,793
Country
United States
Lisanna is that character that is just there, and you're like "okay". She doesn't stand out, but you don't really care bcs your hope for her is nonexistent. Honestly her character is just meh. Don't really care for her nor do I hate her. She's like in the middle lol.
 

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ok, so in response to all the "Lisanna being an anchor to Mira" argument..

While I understand that argument, I still fail to see why it is only being applied to Lisanna.

And just to clarify, I'm not trying to challenge your opinions nor am I reacting with "ill-feelings" towards your position. I am simply opening this subject up for discussion as well as trying to understand your conclusions about Lisanna.


It is true that Lisanna always holds Mira back in battle...

But it's not like all of the other weaker characters haven't pulled down the stronger characters in the past. Again, I hate to use other characters as an example, but Lucy and Juvia have also held back Natsu and Gray before.


In Avatar, Natsu was fighting just fine when Mary caused Lucy to have a stomach ache. Then Natsu became worried about her and Goumon was able to chain Natsu on the ground while he was distracted. That's why they ended up in jail.

Similarly, Gray was fighting Invel just fine at the beginning. But when Invel saw Juvia's crush on Gray, he decided to chain them together with Ice Lock. This forced one of them to suicide in order to lift the spell.

And this can even apply to the entire guild being held hostage by Jacob's Transport. Natsu and Lucy apparently couldn't demolish Jacob from the start because he said that he could instantly kill people like Makarov, Cana, etc.

You get the point.

People like Lucy, Juvia, Makarov, and Cana have all been in a situation before where they held others back. Yet, people don't criticize or dislike them because of it.

I agree Lisanna has held Mira back before, but it's not like it hasn't happened with other characters as well. Lisanna doesn't have a lot of screentime compared to the other characters, so that's probably why people see Lisanna as a prime example all of the time.

Plus.. it's not like many people hang around Mira often (although it would be nice if Gray could.. #GrayMi). So it's only natural that Lisanna holds her back the most, since she is the only "weak" character always hanging around Mira.


Long story short, Lisanna has actually helped people in battle before... it just tends to be overlooked the majority of the time:

- Lisanna helped Juvia against Erza during the S-Class Trials.
- Lisanna helped Bickslow and Freed fight Rustyrose in Tenrou.
- Lisanna helped the guild fight Tartaros and stalled Lamy while Mira was fighting Sayla.

For a character with barely any screentime, I don't think she should be blamed this harshly for pulling other characters down.. especially since she is not the only one who has done this before.
 
Last edited:

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,970
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Voted don't mind. Don't like, but don't hate her either. Not my most favorite character, but not my least favorite character either (do I even have such list lol). I dont mind she is weak. Not every character has to be strong. She is not a MC either so I don't expect she will do something big like Lucy erasing flesh-like thing Alegria.
 
Last edited:

EmberSpirit

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2016
Messages
534
Reaction score
1,453
Country
Fire Nation
She is a ruined side character, a poorly handled excess. Hey, that's new in Fairy Tail.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,111
Reaction score
12,876
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
Lissana's character before her unreal death used to be an awesome character. She already served her mission in this manga but since she is back, Her role got nerfed to be around the Strauss family .
 
Last edited:

sardinestunasalmon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 12, 2016
Messages
325
Reaction score
558
Age
33
Country
Philippines
I like how most people hate Lisanna because she brings down Mira's character lol..

As for me, I actually liked the idea of Hiro bringing her back. It actually had some potential, especially to the Nalu aspect. Even though I was never a fan of nalu, it would still be entertaining to see a love triangle between the three.

As for now, I do find her useless, but I don't hate her at the same time. I just think she had more potential as a character than most people think, Hiro just failed to deliver it(as usual). But of course I still find it very stupid that she's actually fighting Azir now with Elfman, like seriously?
 

Noctiz

Banned
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2017
Messages
53
Reaction score
214
Country
Croatia
Pretty forgettable. Sometimes I keep thinking she's dead for some reason :3c
She was cute in the flashbacks especially with Happy though :blush
 

Sora

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
105
Reaction score
237
Gender
Male
Country
France
She's the best Girl.

My favorite since the chapter about Happy's birth. Love her cuteness. She always has been kind of special to me.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
She's the best Girl.
Android 18 is best girl :heh but naw, I think most people can agree she was cool when seeing all the childhood flashbacks with Natsu. Now she's just pretty much a background character who does more harm than good to Mira's character, and that's the main thing that bothers me.
 

tertonon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 23, 2016
Messages
36
Reaction score
80
Age
37
Country
Russian Federation
Just for fun. To help Lisanna supporters. ^^ ( found them on web)



 

Star Frost

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 1, 2015
Messages
2,380
Reaction score
4,638
Country
United States
Just for fun. To help Lisanna supporters. ^^ ( found them on web)



It gets me when many make fanfics as though she's evil whose trying to take Natsu from Lucy who gets kicked out of the team (she is the reason why there is even a team) such and such which is annoying and childish. I may not care for her but it's ridiculous as if they want it to be like that
 
Last edited:

Am Shegar

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2016
Messages
160
Reaction score
184
Age
36
Country
Russian Federation
Lisanna is adorable and very good looking. It is a pity that all strauss siblings do not have much screen time. If Mashima would hold her at list a bit relevant she would be able to turn herself into pheonix or other cool mystic creatures like mystic zoan devil fruit user,
 
Top