How is my cleaning?

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Pretty good, I like it, I would probably say about MQ, nearly at MQ/HQ though. There's a bit of text that needs removing in the top left panel, though everything else is good. Nice work, and keep it up!!!
 

noob3d

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2008
Messages
52
Reaction score
17
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Well thats a relief,I'm finally making progress.As for that unremoved text, I need to replace the empty space once I remove it,right ?

Thanks for the quick reply:)
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Uh-huh, yeah, use the cloning tool. You're using Photoshop right??
 

noob3d

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2008
Messages
52
Reaction score
17
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Yup,okay I think I pretty much got the basics down.Thanks again.
 

chiresakura

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 4, 2007
Messages
210
Reaction score
1,386
Gender
Female
Country
United States
One thing you need to watch out for is inking over dark gray areas. For instance, in panel 4, the ugly guy's shoulder fades to a medium gray, but you've inked it completely black in your clean. Same goes for the area under the hand in panel 6 as well as a few other places.

Also, you've inked over a lot of the detail in the last panel. There are white motion lines on the runners' legs and speed lines on the buildings that have all been inked completely black.

I'm not familiar with denoise programs, so you'll have to ask someone else if the grays are good or too distorted. Overall, if you fix up some of the details and go a little lighter with the Burn Tool, this could be a solid speed scan.
 

Vato Loco!

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
402
Reaction score
126
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Grays are nasty, though they aren't necessarily because of a denoise program. Usually grays will become like that when you save your image with too little colours (I.E. Using 4 or 8 colors instead of 16).

Would comment more but busy in class. >.>
 

noob3d

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2008
Messages
52
Reaction score
17
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
One thing you need to watch out for is inking over dark gray areas. For instance, in panel 4, the ugly guy's shoulder fades to a medium gray, but you've inked it completely black in your clean. Same goes for the area under the hand in panel 6 as well as a few other places.

Also, you've inked over a lot of the detail in the last panel. There are white motion lines on the runners' legs and speed lines on the buildings that have all been inked completely black.

I'm not familiar with denoise programs, so you'll have to ask someone else if the grays are good or too distorted. Overall, if you fix up some of the details and go a little lighter with the Burn Tool, this could be a solid speed scan.
My gosh you're absolutely right.I guess I wasn't paying attention to that and just assumed that its just faulty printing on the RAW.And preserving the details you mentioned is pretty hard for me considering I just started doing this for a few weeks and I don't exactly have the patience built up yet to slowly go over the details.

But thanks for pointing that out.I'll find some time to do another page and improve on what you suggested.
 
Top