Question How long a translation being approved?

WarriorKK

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 5, 2008
Messages
23
Reaction score
33
Gender
Female
Country
Vietnam
Just wonder...
Because I see a lot of translations are waiting for approval. The oldest is from last year...
Who have permission to approve them? How long a translation being approved?
 

Black Lagoon

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
4,328
Reaction score
2,281
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
njt himself is in charged.
I think you should PM him, if he's not busy these days I think he would solve your problem ^^
 

WarriorKK

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 5, 2008
Messages
23
Reaction score
33
Gender
Female
Country
Vietnam
A new translator need (at least) 5 approved translations in order to get translator status. Actually, there are many new translators have more than that, but still don't have the status. I don't talk about the status in forum, because some people don't need it... Getting that status, a translator may get more benefits.

Getting approval is a good idea to check new translators' works. But it's only njt who is doing this job, I think this should be a hard work for him. Since, as I said, there are a lot of translations. Not only english, also international translations. And the oldest are from last year! Perhaps some of them need checking, proof-reading... but some don't.

I think you guys should have more man-power in oder to help njt...
Unless, another method to approve those translations?
 
Last edited:

Unproductive

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2009
Messages
88
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Is anyone working on approving translations? At this point, the mechanic is broken. You might as well get rid of it.
 

HPTR Fangirl

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2008
Messages
1,166
Reaction score
5,375
Gender
Female
Country
United States
njt mentions that posting it here will help speed up the pending translations that needs to be approved. Hope this helps.

978
 

Unproductive

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2009
Messages
88
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
oh i don't care. The system just look broken.
 

Teaparty

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 4, 2009
Messages
43
Reaction score
7
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Who cares. I think this works better.
Pending Translations should be changed to something like Newcomer Translations and get rid of the approving process altogether. If you have the Translator status, then your translation shows up on the front page. If not, then at that place.
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Sorry, had a lot of important things I had to take care of. I'll get back on checking :3

Sorry for the delay ><
 

Unproductive

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2009
Messages
88
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Good Luck keeping up njt.
 
Top