How "nerd" are you? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

How "nerd" are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

svart_lotus

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I believe most of us here are "nerds". That doesn’t mean that you’re a sissy or a geek, only that you got one or more interests that consumes most of your time. Now: how nerd are you? What consumes most of your time? What can you newer get enough of?

First and most important, i am an RPG nerd. I love everything about RPG (except LARPs). And on top of that i am an otaku (well, most of us here are otakus I guess) :D
Add that i am a MMO addict and a weird fascination of mesopotamic/egyptian/japanes history and mythology.
In short: Yeah, i am a hardcore nerd :D

So, what floats your boat? :D

ymcauloser

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I am a pretty nerdy gamer when it comes to consoles. Have a huge data base of game knowledge except really RPGs cuz there jus too long to play and only ones that catch my interest are final fantasy.
Also big simpsons and naruto nerd

svart_lotus

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Love compute RPGs to, but im mostly in to PnP :D

Dracul

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
>mechanical engineering student.
>played RPGs since dragon warrior/final fantasy 1
>complete obsession with naruto (i kid you not, i had a naruto dream last night)
>MMORPG player since 1998
>robot nerd
>www.notpron.com nerd

you'd never guess though. i pull it off with a social life (NO WAI, and MMORPGS at the same time?) and dashing good looks :p

JeffDoogins

Reaction score
Country
Australia
i am sort of a hardcore nerd 2 but ive been doing boxing for 5 years now so that makes up my 'popularity' :smile-big.

Rpg's are the bomb! such as :

- Zelda
- Final Fantasy (all)
- Metal Gear Solid 1,2,3 and 4 to be
- GTA (most)

other games include

- WoW (world of Warcraft)
- Fighting games ie. Dragon ball z Budokai's, Street fighter,
- Sport Games all, mostly rugby though (Rugby's my favourite sport, Cricket comes closer then any other sport)
- first person shooters ie call of duty, half-life etc

most of my time is dedicated to, in order:

1. Manga
2. Anime
3. School (doing TEE)
4. Boxing
5. Games

and its not so much the action and stuff or the good graphics/drawing in games and manga but more so the story line. So many action manga and games dont make it to my list :noworry

Adam_xx

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Bahahaha!
Im nerd...
Simply... "nerd"...
xDDD

gothicpsyche

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Dracul said:
Wow, I also play that game, too. What level are you currently on? I just recently finished l3 a few weeks ago, and somehow curbed my obssession with it. But now that you've mentioned it... :sweat

Hmm... like most of the people here, I also love RPGs. I do agree with ymcauloser, it sometimes takes too long [as of this moment, am still wading through Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, which I recently picked up again].

I am also enamored with mythology, but does that make one a geek? :oh

Also, I just stumbled upon something on the Net -- it's a Geek Diagram!
I'm in the upper echelons [Anime Fans Who Insists on Subtitles, Video Gamers, Roleplaying Gamers [a notch down], and Science Fiction Literature Fans (currently reading Isaac Asimov's Foundation and loving it!)!

Hawkuro

Reaction score
Country
Iceland
Just otaku I guess, and not even so much of that.

bakashijinsan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
nerd in most things like, reading, writing, reading manga, watching anime, playing computer games, surfing the net etc.

there's just too many that i want to do that my friends hasn't seen me since graduation.

kiddo7

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Question is...
Are you really fluent in javascript as well as klingon?

zypher

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
what is java??

there you have it i am not a nerd ^^

kiddo7

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Java be a somewhat popular nickname for coffee.

obviously this has no relevance whatsoever to the present discussion.

rabb

Reaction score
Country
United States
just so no one takes him serriously: java is a type of programming. most flash stuff is made using java

im a really big nerd, and im damn proud.

i used to play D&D (there sheer dumbluck i was the only survivor in my party. i had quickstride shifter, charged a wizard while my friends faught off his minions, then brought his health down to 2 in a single attack. he cast a fire spell that would destroyed the whole room at me (point blank range) i dodged, but was still hit with three times damage. my friends were all incinerated, all taking well over 50 points of damage, while i survived with 1 hp left. the good luck: i had a healing potion on my back, which prevented 2 damage, at the last second, trying to kill the wizard, i tripped, and fell (i perfer "dodged") and knocked him on top of me, so he took some of my damage. due to high something or other stat, i didnt get burned too badly, i was in wolf form, so my fur absorbed 1 damage... there was like 10 more things too. my DM was trying to kill me off. he didnt want any survivors. eitherway, that was out last meeting in my last year of school, so one of the other DMs copied down my character info (i gained 3 levels from surviving since the exp wasnt split) and is using it as a npc. awsome, right?
i read and watch and breath starwars, i know a few phrases of klingon, i know HTML, basic (similar to DOS), and some java. i play rpgs, i was once a member of the chess club, and i love electronics. did i forget anything?

i have a good example of java. copy all this and paste it in wordpad, or notepad, or whatever, then save it EXACTLY HOW IT IS as a html (title.html) then open that file. it will open as a webpage with your mouse... well look for yourself.
it was a spoiler, but that didnt work, so bear with me.

ok, it didnt work. it was spost to make your curser into a clock with todays day, all made from colored dots. for som reason, when i copy it here, something gets changed, but that is a huge thing to sift threw for one mistake.

white silver

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
svart_lotus said:
and a weird fascination of mesopotamic/egyptian/japanes history and mythology.
Seems like we both have something in common!

kiddo7

Reaction score
Country
Austria
@rabb
it did not work for me.

nat

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bermuda
Fantsy books, they are my obssession..I finish one, another has be waiting on the shelf...
fantasy manga (a few selected ones). and my precioussssss Photoshop.

.......And MH...:p

Paper

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
I can sum up my geeky/nerdyness with three letters: WoW

If thats not enough, then here's a word that will make things clearer: Raider

Emily00

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmmm... I'm a pretty big nerd. I like anime and manga, also sci-fi and fantasy books, also american comics (The Sandman). I played WoW from when it came out til I quit and was a hardcore raider, raided MC, BWL, AQ40, Naxx, and after BC came out, got to killing Illidan then quit and that was about 4 months ago. I now play AOC but not quite as hardcore as I was in WoW (atleast not yet).

I used to play Counter-Strike competitively and met my current fiancee through playing it, now play it casually along with other PC and console FPS' (TF2, Halo3).

Hahah, after reading that most people would think I have no life and am probably really lazy and gross and etc. But at the same time as all of that WoW playing and still now I've been going to college full time and I regularly exercise at my gym or do mountain biking. :P

krazykone12

Reaction score
Country
United States
I suppose I would be a "nerd" for fighting games as that's what I generally buy/play well that and SRW

Status
Not open for further replies.