Cleaning How to do it?

Dulahan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 19, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Hello, I've several manga group is able to clean the gray background perfectly.
How they exactly do it?

This is the raw:


I want that to look like this:
 

[Ju-Ni]Vicissitude

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2007
Messages
128
Reaction score
119
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Create a pattern in 'Shop and you can copy/paste it into the clean. Trim away the excess with the Polygonal Lasso tool and then redraw anything that needs to be on top of the pattern. Line art, clouds, etc.
 

Dulahan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 19, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I don't quite get it =<
Can you do a practical example to me by recording a video on how to do it step by step using the image from my first post?

Is that pattern available online?
 

ExiledVip3r

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2007
Messages
116
Reaction score
1,136
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The way that particular example was done is more than likely a denoiser, such as topaz vivacity or neat image.
 

Dulahan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 19, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
The way that particular example was done is more than likely a denoiser, such as topaz vivacity or neat image.
how can I do denoiser on photoshop cs2?
 

ExiledVip3r

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2007
Messages
116
Reaction score
1,136
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
how can I do denoiser on photoshop cs2?
Denoisers are a 3rd party plugin for photoshop, they aren't included with it, a lot of Manga Editors use it pretty frequently, and a lot of them are really bad at it too. Their VERY easy to over use and instantly make a page look like garbage.

As for getting them. I recommend Topaz DeNoise3. You'll have to look at getting it yourself, as it costs money and I'm pretty sure I can't tell you to go pirate something on the forums.

And as for using it, on Topaz DeNoise 3, make sure the page is in RGB mode, then the 2 main settings to play with are suppress noise and recover detail, and every manga and raw have different needs of those settings. I typically use it before levelling the raw, but their are other methods out there.
 

DrPepperPro

MH Senpai
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
152
Reaction score
61
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The raw texture looks better.
 

[Ju-Ni]Vicissitude

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2007
Messages
128
Reaction score
119
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The raw texture looks better.
Eh, I wouldn't go that far. It still looks pretty bad. The diagonal "pattern" just looks worse. :v

EDIT: vv Eh, I'm too lazy to tilt my head.
 
Last edited:

DrPepperPro

MH Senpai
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
152
Reaction score
61
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'd still say it looks worse if it were horizontal.
 

bobrianto

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 20, 2009
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
the diagonal pattern is the same as in the raw. it wasn't tilted. the densoising process detect the original pattern and try to restore it to that state. but i wouldn't call that perfect. the grey isn't uniform as in you can see the darker spots in the middle.
 
Top