How will Oda handle the timeskip? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

How will Oda handle the timeskip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abc1233

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
and you do know that you need water to be able to form muscle and fat has a hell of alot of muscle... i know alot about working out and muscle building. can we please stay on subject instead of trying to nit pick at small details that most people don't know a thing about please...
How the hell does fat contain a lot of muscle, they're 2 completely different things. You may know a bit about working out but you evidently don't know a lot about human biology. You do need water to form muscle but you also need proteins and the source comes from drinking water not fat. Whatever, cba to argue further.

Cizuz

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
How the hell does fat contain a lot of muscle, they're 2 completely different things. You may know a bit about working out but you evidently don't know a lot about human biology. You do need water to form muscle but you also need proteins and the source comes from drinking water not fat. Whatever, cba to argue further.
Fat doesn't form muscle like many people think, however it aids in the formation of muscle in two ways. It provides the body with more weight, AKA more stress on muscles and more work is done for the same weight training, and two it keeps heat in like insulation, causing you to sweat more and oddly muscles need heat to heal at a more rapid rate.

When you work out, you muscle literally rips leaving small bands of empty rips, what happens here is your body then repairs that area by filling those areas in with more muscle(Which needs actual protein and nutrients to grow) and that's actually how muscle grows. You damage muscle, causing small openings or rips which your body fills with new muscle adding mass. Fat doesn't directly help muscle growth, but indirectly. People don't "convert fat to muscle" but instead fat "acts as a catalyst to healing and stress on muscle". If you ever noticed, the strongest guys in the world are fat fat fat. Because they are fat there body is always under more stress then other people, you can't see there muscle but it's there, and a lot of it to. take myself for example, I used to actually struggle with my weight, was 280~ and I would drop 60 pounds, then gain it back cause after losing I had it in my head "Don't need to exercise anymore" and gained it back. I got up to 300 and said fuck it, now at 200, but even when going to the gym, me as a 280 person who NEVER exercised could do more leg press then anyone there. I leg press around 800 when I started, and when I was down to 220 I was hitting 1200~. People who were there that exercised for years doing legs etc could barely get 600-700. Regardless if you notice, most fat people, look at their legs as an example, most of them have NO fat around there calfs, and there legs are huge still, and it's all muscle, due to carrying around their weight constantly.

So the argument you both are having is kind of moot, both people are right, both are wrong.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I was under the understanding that fat = lipids = proteins. In that sense, ussop's fat is nothing but raw material that will eventually turn into muscle.

abc1233

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I was under the understanding that fat = lipids = proteins. In that sense, ussop's fat is nothing but raw material that will eventually turn into muscle.
lipids aren't proteins, they are 2 different things >_<

Cizuz

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
No both cell structures are very different and fat doesn't actually go away. The only cell in your body that does not go away is fat. When you are born, you have the same amount of fat cells you have when you are older, unless you get fat. Fat absorbs and grows, and fat cells expand to an enormous amount, however when they get to there limit THAT is when they divide. When you burn fat, you never lose any fat cells, you lose only what they have stored. People that are fat before have the major problem that they can gain weight back so much quicker because the body is already used to fat, and so many more cells to absorb and grow.

To quote a doctor

""Muscle and fat are two separate and distinct types of tissue," says Cedric X. Bryant, Ph.D., chief exercise physiologist for the American Council on Exercise. "Muscle can't turn into fat any more than wood can turn into metal. But as muscles shrink because of inactivity, fat can fill the space where the muscles used to be, giving the mistaken impression that the muscles have turned to fat.""

However fat can aid in growing muscle as it acts as an insulation blanket and more stress to body while exercising. That is really it.

tret16

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Fat doesn't form muscle like many people think, however it aids in the formation of muscle in two ways. It provides the body with more weight, AKA more stress on muscles and more work is done for the same weight training, and two it keeps heat in like insulation, causing you to sweat more and oddly muscles need heat to heal at a more rapid rate.

When you work out, you muscle literally rips leaving small bands of empty rips, what happens here is your body then repairs that area by filling those areas in with more muscle(Which needs actual protein and nutrients to grow) and that's actually how muscle grows. You damage muscle, causing small openings or rips which your body fills with new muscle adding mass. Fat doesn't directly help muscle growth, but indirectly. People don't "convert fat to muscle" but instead fat "acts as a catalyst to healing and stress on muscle". If you ever noticed, the strongest guys in the world are fat fat fat. Because they are fat there body is always under more stress then other people, you can't see there muscle but it's there, and a lot of it to. take myself for example, I used to actually struggle with my weight, was 280~ and I would drop 60 pounds, then gain it back cause after losing I had it in my head "Don't need to exercise anymore" and gained it back. I got up to 300 and said fuck it, now at 200, but even when going to the gym, me as a 280 person who NEVER exercised could do more leg press then anyone there. I leg press around 800 when I started, and when I was down to 220 I was hitting 1200~. People who were there that exercised for years doing legs etc could barely get 600-700. Regardless if you notice, most fat people, look at their legs as an example, most of them have NO fat around there calfs, and there legs are huge still, and it's all muscle, due to carrying around their weight constantly.

So the argument you both are having is kind of moot, both people are right, both are wrong.
THANK YOU, you saved me the trouble of explaining it myself... i infact have a book specifically for working out and also how the muscle work and what they look like... It even mentions that the best way for muscle building is that your muscle needs to rip and then heal. And i didn't say that fat held muscle, i said it held water which is a vital way of building muscle. thanks for your explonation cizuz, it saved me alot of trouble

GomuGomuNo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Austria
I think Oda will not show us how they trained the 2 years immediately. The story will go on and maybe luffy uses haki -> then he explains to his nakama and there will be many flashbacks from everyone when they use their new skills.

hope you know what i mean :s

tret16

Reaction score
Country
Canada
ya pretty much everyone is thinking that they are only goin to show flashbacks of there training throughout the retreival of Sunny Go. When each of them is fighting there respective enemy's they are goin to show a small part of there training to show how they got that strong for this type of situation...

p1xel

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I think there won't be long retrospections beacuse there already is a 4 week break.Everybody is waiting for the meeting,so retrospections will be after it.Oda is a master,so we shouldn't worry:)

ScratchmenApoo

Reaction score
Country
Estonia
Well I think it will be gradual.

I see that all of the Strawhats are shown improving in one way or another, but for some chapters the story WILL FOCUS on other characters (for example Pacifistas encountering the other guys, the Shichibukai and what they're doing,the Supernovas and their adventures, Blackbeard and his campaign in the new world - maybe have a battle with one of the three Yonkous etc.).
All of that with weekly/monthly timeskips as the narrator says (three months later, this happened) and something similar.

Then The New World is set up better for the adventure of Strawhats and they'll meet once again, foreshadowing some of the tasks they need to use their new powers for.

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The basics abilities will be shown when they fight and defeat Kuma.
The "special moves" with each particular character in the next arc.

jacke12

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
i dont understand how will Brooke become stronger maybe with new SKULL JOKES

Bigall

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
Me I don't know what Oda will reserve us, but I believe that chapter 600 will be memorable in an epic way...
I believe that's when the team will finally gather for good. Oda won't show much of the Straw-hats training. I'll bet he will do a small description of the important events of these two years without much details, and then the story will proceed...

Usop will certainly change, but it's weird to imagine him all buffed. Considering he's a snipper, shouldn't he be more like stealthy or so?

I can't imagine the other character change? What do you think he'll change. Franky will change but still be the same. Brook is a skeleton, so how can he change? The most important change that the characters will experiment are a grow in mentality, power and experience... The rest might just be clothing and one or two tattoos...

Even so, it will be epic for sure because it's Oda's One Piece

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
i dont understand how will Brooke become stronger maybe with new SKULL JOKES
I think he will learn apoo's musical fighting stile. If you recall, apoo is capable of fighting using his music to fight, he actually cut kizaru into several pieces and made him explode with sound alone. I think his ability to turn his body into musical instruments is fruit related but turning into instruments would not make them dangerous weapons. In that sense, I think that part is an acquired skill.

DaoneLuffy

Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
I hope that everyone will come back with a slightly older look to them. Luffy learning haki is a must for his character's developement. My only problem right now is how much of a waste I think ace was - no disrespect to the Ace lovers out there. But I am disappointed in him, now that we see what the players at the top powers are. No haki advancement or training and he was sitting with whitebeard for at least 2 years. I could understand crocodile and buggy but Ace showed his haki from when he was 10. He couldn't release his handcuffs or use the Kings haki once while sitting there, even rayleigh uncuffed hisself and took off the collar with his haki, sorry for the rant. Luffy is gonna annihilate the first person who gets in his way when he comes back on the scene.

Schabrak

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Ace != Rayleigh != Luffy

What are trying to make out of Ace? He was still pretty much a rookie, a strong one though, far from his own prime. His two decades older brothers [Marco/Vista] weren't even able to use much against Akainu. Nor was Whitebeard shown to be able to fully utilize his haki abilities. Having the COQ doesn't make somebody king of the world. You are comparing Rayleigh to Ace here, someone who's got whole decades to master haki, someone who wasn't weakened/restricted by the handcuffs. Luffy on the other hand will have 700days ~ 17k hours just to learn the everything possible about his potential of haki usage.

wrstljr

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oda will introduce everyone in a new mature fashion, only to then have Luffy swoop in the same ridiculous, semi-retarded, hilarious and adventurous self and the crew will rejoice.

We will rejoice too.

tret16

Reaction score
Country
Canada
actually, when it comes to the handcuffs, they were made of seastone which makes Devil fruit users lose all there strength and feel like a helpless child, Rayleigh doesn't have a devil fruit so the handcuffs had no effect on his strength or anything of the sort so you can't really use that as a reason to show how weak he was... If you noticed, as soon as the cuffs came off he was basically as good as new right away.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Re: Ace != Rayleigh != Luffy

What are trying to make out of Ace? He was still pretty much a rookie, a strong one though, far from his own prime. His two decades older brothers [Marco/Vista] weren't even able to use much against Akainu. Nor was Whitebeard shown to be able to fully utilize his haki abilities. Having the COQ doesn't make somebody king of the world. You are comparing Rayleigh to Ace here, someone who's got whole decades to master haki, someone who wasn't weakened/restricted by the handcuffs. Luffy on the other hand will have 700days ~ 17k hours just to learn the everything possible about his potential of haki usage.
Not quite sure ace would be considered a rookie by OP standards. He was evidently young and far from his prime but by the time the story had began he already had made a name for himself, made it all the way to the NW and became one of WBs commanders. Ace was by no means a rookie IMO.

joshua019

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think Oda is smart...I doubt we will see a progression or an instant flashback. Those will occur in action, when they fight someone really strong and they need to take out their triumph card.
I'm expecting that we wont see them together until the end of the next chapter, and we will see first bites of the world in 2 years. Mugiwaras will be all in cloaks that cover them all, only to take them out when they are on the Thousand Sunny. <3
As you say Oda is smart but it seems like he is increase the pace lately... OP is more than 10 years already it wud probably take 10-15 years more but if he wud follow his original pace it take 20-25 more years...

Status
Not open for further replies.