Fantasy - Human Selene runs a gauntlet | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Human Selene runs a gauntlet

Where does she stop

• Total voters

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
So, looks Suzaku is stronger than human Selene, who else is? Can she make it through this gauntlet with her dragon form restricted??

Round 1: Erza
Round 2: Eileen
Round 3: August
Round 4: Zeref
Round 5: Brain Seed Aldaron(Nerfed)
Round 6: DF Natsu
Round 7: Ignia Natsu
Round 8: Half Strength Dragon Merc
Round 9: Brain Seed Aldaron(Full Power)
Round 10: Human Acnologia

Last edited:

Kiki

Ring Your Bell (In The Silence)
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Finally, the first human Selene thread :kappa

Is this Irene human Irene?

Steven

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
This gauntlet is hard out of order

Anyway,Zeref yeets her away

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Finally, the first human Selene thread :kappa

Is this Irene human Irene?
Either, whatever you think gives her her best shot against Selene

Sevently

Reaction score
Country
France
stop at August if she's really weaker than Suzaku

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
It's no secret that I think Selene was lying when she said that Suzaku is stronger than her Human form, not only is she extremely prideful, but she''s also a master manipulator and knows exactly what to say in order to get what she wants. I doubt that she would admit that a Human is stronger than her even in her Human form.

Anyway, she get's to Human Acnologia and gets mid diffed at most.

Aldoron was already nerfed when he woke up, so, I'd say she mid-high diffs him considering we don't know how nerfed he initially was.

As for Merc, he gets beaten as bad as Natsu beat him as I think Ignia Natsu is still weaker than Ignia who is >=<Selene

But, if she is telling the truth, Acno probably stomps, Merc high-extreme diffs her, and fulled powered Aldoron (when he first woke up) high diffs her

Last edited:

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
HARD stop at Ignia DF Natsu (Round 7).

Let's assume Merc was nerfed to say, 33-40%
Ignia DF Natsu pretty much mid diff'd him. Ignia DF Natsu was outright stronger than him, it wasn't just slayer advantage. He overpowered him in physical strength and spell power

Ignia DF Natsu > nerfed dragon Merc >> human Selene

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
She beats everyone except Acno, and maybe Ignia-Natsu. Merc dragon form is a toss-up.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
She beats everyone except Acno, and maybe Ignia-Natsu. Merc dragon form is a toss-up.
How does she even come close to beating Merc or Ignia Natsu?

Dragon Selene >>> human Selene. Like, no way dragon Selene is one shotting nerfed Merc or Ignia Natsu, while it one shotted Geroge who's apparently > human Selene

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
How does she even come close to beating Merc or Ignia Natsu?
Why wouldn't she? All Dragon Gods should be relative in power, which means Ignia=Selene or at most Ignia>=Selene/Selene>=Ignia, so, unless Ignia powered Natsu is stronger than Ignia himself I don't see why she shouldn't be able to beat him.

By all logic Ignia should be stronger than Ignia powered Natsu, so, by default so would Selene.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Why wouldn't she? All Dragon Gods should be relative in power, which means Ignia=Selene or at most Ignia>=Selene/Selene>=Ignia, so, unless Ignia powered Natsu is stronger than Ignia himself I don't see why she shouldn't be able to beat him.

By all logic Ignia should be stronger than Ignia powered Natsu, so, by default so would Selene.
Read the match up again, carefully. This is human Selene

Loke

Reaction score
Country
United States
How does she get past August? DS magic still caster magic. Acno benefits from being the dragon of magic, so he negs that. Selene, I'm not so sure.

Hexbend

Reaction score
Country
United States
Beats R1 to R6 without much trouble, except for DF Natsu of course.

R7 and onward is incredibly hard, also why is 50% Merc above Ignia Natsu when Ignia Natsu absolutely murked him? Anyway she probably gets past them as Merc himself implied that Selene at that moment > was what we've seen of the other nerfed DGs.

Gets stomped worse then Georg did by FP GS Aldo. FP GS Aldo = Dragon Aldo = DGs >>> Georg > Suzaku > Human DGs/Human Acno.

Also FP Aldo should be the last round as I mentioned above he's equal to his Dragon form so he would stomp Human Acno.

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Read the match up again, carefully. This is human Selene
I know that it's Human Selene, she's still relative to Human Ignia in power, so, unless Natsu became stronger than Ignia himself by eating his fire, then Selene beats him (and by extension Merc).

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
I know that it's Human Selene, she's still relative to Human Ignia in power, so, unless Natsu became stronger than Ignia himself by eating his fire, then Selene beats him (and by extension Merc).
Considering he was comfortably above like 40% dragon Merc, yeah he's easily above human Ignia too

Human DG is probably 10% dragon DG based on Selene's statement

Ignia Natsu would destroy her

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Considering he was comfortably above like 40% dragon Merc, yeah he's easily above human Ignia too

Human DG is probably 10% dragon DG based on Selene's statement

Ignia Natsu would destroy her
If Selene is telling the truth about Suzaku, which I doubt, but assuming she is, then yeah, I agree, Ignia Natsu stomps her into the ground.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Ignia Natsu had slayer advantage and needed Team Natsu to beat Merc, he's below half powered Merc.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
I think she clears Round 1 to 6.

The gap between Human Form and Dragon Form seems huge as portrayal in the final chapter. I consider nerfed Dragon Mercphobia (less than 50%) > 100% Human Selene. If so, human Acnologia is perhaps not the strongest opponent of the list as well as I can see the same treatment as Selene. By portrayal, DG are in Acnologia's Tier.
I can see Ignia Natsu, the one who destroyed Merc, as Round 10 and nerfed Dragon Merc as Round 9 here. I consider Human Acnologia as Round 8.
In my list, Selene stopped at Round 8.

Ignia Natsu had slayer advantage
I think Slayer advantage is less relevant since the final chapter. If so, Suzaku should easily defeat Dragon Selene with it if she was more or as vulnerable as her human form. She stopped him before doing anything, as she didn't want to kill him even by accident. She managed to say that he can't beat her and he is currently the strongest human DS seen in action. This gap remembered me the time DS fought Eclipes's Dragons. So, many explanations about DS which is not enough if the power gap is too far between wizards and Dragons.

I think, Natsu's Magic, enhanced by Ignia's powers, rised his Magic and strength to Nerfed Dragon Mercphobia's level. This is why Natsu could defeat him with DS while all the team were previously powerless, even with DS Enchant.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Ignia Natsu had slayer advantage and needed Team Natsu to beat Merc, he's below half powered Merc.
Yes he had slayer advantage.

But he was also outright stronger than nerfed dragon Merc. He overpowered him in physical combat, and spell power.

Slayer advantage merely turned a high-extreme diff fight into a low-mid diff fight, thats all

Natsu would've won regardless, if DF lasted that long
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

If Selene is telling the truth about Suzaku, which I doubt, but assuming she is, then yeah, I agree, Ignia Natsu stomps her into the ground.
Yea, lets see in a few chapters lol

Can't trust Mashima on anything now since he's retconning shit left and right (yea, I don't think he has any long term plans at all)

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Can't trust Mashima on anything now since he's retconning shit left and right (yea, I don't think he has any long term plans at all)
A character like Selene is perfect for retcons, she's a liar and a manipulator, so when it comes to her character, it's easy to just say she's lying, or it's one of her "distortions" or fake outs.