Anime - Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011 | Page 100 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crude

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Great episode! The only thing I disliked was the clunky, awkward conversation between Machi and Hisoka. I get that it was necessary so that viewers would understand Hisoka's abilities, but the whole thing felt pretty unnatural, especially the way Hisoka delivered his lines. Censorship wasn't really that much of an issue to me. Sure I would've liked to see a little blood splash around, but the anime has been pretty great at managing to show some of the stuff it does (like severed arms in a show airing pretty early during the day). I expected the fight to be a little more fluid like some of the past fights we've seen, but what we got was still pretty awesome. No doubt that this is the best version of Hisoka vs Kastro.

mousiehamster

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Great episode! The only thing I disliked was the clunky, awkward conversation between Machi and Hisoka. I get that it was necessary so that viewers would understand Hisoka's abilities, but the whole thing felt pretty unnatural, especially the way Hisoka delivered his lines. Censorship wasn't really that much of an issue to me. Sure I would've liked to see a little blood splash around, but the anime has been pretty great at managing to show some of the stuff it does (like severed arms in a show airing pretty early during the day). I expected the fight to be a little more fluid like some of the past fights we've seen, but what we got was still pretty awesome. No doubt that this is the best version of Hisoka vs Kastro.
Yeah, they tried to force the explanation into a conversation and it didn't work. Should've used the narrator, or have Wing subsequently explain the fight to Gon and Killua. As for the fight, it was fairly static with a bunch of still frame shots but it's still an improvement from what we got before (read: nothing). Another thing I didn't really appreciate is the Ren depicted as white smoke. What happened to the aura from before?

Beans

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Jordan
^Having Machi explaining the fight is a lot more better than having a narrator explaining it, in my opinion.

Diivil

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Another thing I didn't really appreciate is the Ren depicted as white smoke. What happened to the aura from before?
REN is just a massive white aura flowing like a serene river, HATSU on the other hand is the/a colored aura

REN - (massive) white aura, HATSU - colored aura (hands)

SHINOBI-03

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
You know what's great about the anime? It pays attention to little details that we usually overlook in the manga. Prior to this episode, I thought the scene when Hisoka pulled the card out of his arm was unnecessary and it could be avoided. However, now I understand the motif behind it.

Hisoka tells Kastro that his doppelganger cannot replicate the blood and dirt he get on himself during the battle, and we see blood stains on him. The question is where did the stains come from? The answer is Hisoka's trump card. When he threw it, Kastro swatted it away with his hand and we see some blood splattered from it. So, we could assume the splattered blood got on Kastro without realizing it and so, he got marked as the real one by Hisoka. Of course, I could be wrong, but that's my thought.

Crude

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I don't think there were too many actual still frames, but like in the last episode there was perhaps too much use of speed-lines. Unlike some people I don't really mind speed-lines as long as there's also some real animation going on at the same time.

shareme

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
And this one who is interesting, from the previous chapter. Notice the amount of aura.
I was actually waiting if someone will pick up on it. V. interesting, ne?

Madhouse really knows what they're doing and also have a lot of respect to the source material. The amount of details they put as described/seen in the manga is astounding. I honestly believe that most, if not all, of the crew are actual fans of the manga.

SHINOBI-03

Reaction score
Madhouse really knows what they're doing and also have a lot of respect to the source material. The amount of details they put as described/seen in the manga is astounding. I honestly believe that most, if not all, of the crew are actual fans of the manga.
At least you could tell that they are up to the most recent events with some hints like:

The promise made between Gon and Mito in episode 1

Gon shows Palm how the people in Whale Island seal their promises.

Kalluto's design

The anime went to his most recent design in the manga rather than what he looked like in his first appearance.

heron bpv

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Awesome episode. Nuff said =]

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
i was fine with Hisoka and Machi talking about the fight.

Though when they talked about Hisoka's past I would have preferred the Narrator there and for the episode to end with

"Hisoka is his own man and he is confident that he is the most powerful"

The line about how he wants to fight the Spiders is fine...but it's like "So?"
Why would we the audience be worried about that. Don't we want the Spiders dead?

I think it would be better if they said Hisoka is after the Spiders and that he's always looking for new prey
and then hint towards Hisoka wanting to destroy Gon. We care about Gon and it would be more interesting to hear he's in danger.

Still a great episode.

Next few episodes should be good

33: Gyo! Killua with a knife hopefully!

34: Gon vs Gido rematch! Killua vs Riehvelt. Gon vs Riehvelt!

35: Hatsu training. Gon vs Hisoka Part 1

36: Gon vs Hisoka Part 2

chei

Reaction score
Country
United States
I finally watch the latest episodes the day after (not like 5 days too late with ep31), and it's amazing!! :zomg

Agree with those who said how well analyzed Madhouse did with the battle, I already praised how well they explained the Nen system before. Unlike the format of manga where Togashi did a massive exposition dump as the readers can flip back the pages prior for references, animation is a sequential format in time, doing the same thing would too overwhelming for the audience. Madhouse somehow funnel down the loaded informations into TV audience-friendly. Having Machi and Hisoka explained the battle made it easier to digest.

I complained about Machi's color before but now seeing her animated I thought she looks really good (better than the 99' anime's awful pink clothing). Her soft, but cold and uninterested voice fit my image of Machi really well.

Even though this one is an outsourced (Korean production) episode but it's so good! I thought the pacing for ep31 was off, but this one hit it better (especially when this one is so talky). The battle sequences felt more 'in the flesh', you can feel the impact better. I didn't even notice the violence censorship, it felt messy to me already.

ZonikStrike

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
what episodes does this contain???
I believe it's episodes 20 through 22.

they announce a movie... if the rumors are true... there is gonna be a break after York shin arc....
then movie...
and who knows Season 2 will start with GI...
that move is better than dragging...
No, I mean... Episode count wouldn't include the movie, and GI would still end mid-season.
Actually, if going 2 chaps per episode, they can drag GI up to ep 100. But the part covered in OVAs in the old anime will be really dragged on. And seasons would end in strange places; while remember Madhouse dragging 3rd exam to let the 13-pack end with it, or dragging the Zoldyck's arc to fit the ending of the season. The 3rd 13-pack would end with Ging's message, the 4th one would end with Requiem's start, then, if going a bit faster, the 5th one would end with Yorknew arc end, the 6th one - somewhere midway GI, I think, when seeing Chrollo's name in the list and calling Killua. The 7th one would end GI, while the 8th one's end would be around where Meryem's taking over the palace. Not the best way to finish the first hundred huh? Wonder how Madhouse will cope with it.

Last edited:

Salce

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Seems like they won't change Killua's clothes for next week like in the manga. He should be using his old shoes and a different sweater in the preview.

At least you could tell that they are up to the most recent events with some hints like:

The promise made between Gon and Mito in episode 1

Gon shows Palm how the people in Whale Island seal their promises.

Kalluto's design
The anime went to his most recent design in the manga rather than what he looked like in his first appearance.

Taking this into account, it's surprising that they chose to use the old design of Illumi:
Old manga design:

Anime design:

Latest manga design:

Crude

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
^ It's always possible that his design could change later on in the anime.

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
^ It's always possible that his design could change later on in the anime.
Most likely as all it really is a change in hair style. The eyes are slightly different but that could just be a different expression.

futurefrog

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hisoka and Machi talking about the fight worked because it shows that while Machi doesn't particularly like Hisoka, she respects and accepts him as a member of the Troupe. The best moment of the episode is when Machi describes the type of person that Hisoka is. 'He is his own man' she says which is immediately followed by the revelation that not only is Hisoka a member of the Troupe, but he is also faking being a member in order to hunt them. This deception makes their interaction hold more meaning and impact than if it were just a narrator saying it all. Machi says 'He is his own man', she doesn't know how right she is. ;)

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
^Having Machi explaining the fight is a lot more better than having a narrator explaining it, in my opinion.
I think the same, but it's because I don't like the narrator that much.
I was actually waiting if someone will pick up on it. V. interesting, ne?
V?

And more gifs. Because Machi is awesome and She deserves more gifs.

I don't mind action lines when it's like this (Showing a move that is faster than the eye, I mean). I like animation following the movement fully, but I also understand that sometimes it defeats the purpose of the effect: Te "feel" like there is too many hands there.

And fanservice for Hisoka fans.

Crude

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Is it just me or did Hisoka look a little bit like Griffith from Berserk when he got out of the shower? :XD

Beans

Reaction score
Country
Jordan
In this weeks episode Hisoka's shower scene was different than in the preview

Status
Not open for further replies.