Fun Hunter x Hunter Figures/Collections/Merchandise

Popo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2008
Messages
165
Reaction score
435
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Do you mean Chapter 1 from the compilation? The best I can do is take a picture with my phone (which I did for those).
This works too!
 

majinjeb

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
91
Reaction score
70
Gender
Male
Country
United States
@Popo All for you :)

I just got the 4th compilation today, so I figured I'd take some more pictures. I still don't know why photobucket is flipping my images (after pasting the links it looks like most are upside down...). Let me know if this is what you wanted... or if you need the link to my photobucket (I haven't tested to see if other people can get to it from the images).

And I think there might be doubles... I did that because I saw a glare when taking the picture.






















 

Foreva

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 29, 2011
Messages
46
Reaction score
45
Age
38
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
That compilation volume 1 looks better than the tankoubon verson. I'm wondering if all ~ 800 pages of it are tricolor or only the first chapter is? I hate hard-copies but if they color every single page then I may consider buying these volumes.
 

Akia999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
905
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Sorry for sounding like an idiot ,but what exactly is a compilation book? The cover looks really good though on those book.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
The compilation books are basically a compilation of significant chapters of a series, featuring lower quality pages with bigger dimensions (magazine quality) but at the same time including the series' colour pages. They're usually released when the series they belong too has an anime. They're sort of like something made for people who want to catch up with the series.
 

fanatik

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2007
Messages
157
Reaction score
97
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
HunterXHunter Soushuuhen (Compilation) Treasure volumes contain not just the most important chapters, they have all the chapters. At least when reading the 5 soushuu volumes I have I didn't notice missing pages or lines compared to when I read tanko volumes... (well, I didn't search specifically for them, though).

The printing quality is about the tanko level (black is smooth without white dots), and pics are their original size (that is, about twice bigger than tanko), thus small details are more visible... the paper qulity is lower than that of tanko, but it's alright. And there're a few special pages per volume with sections like Hunter center, Hunter mission, profiles, etc. I actually found some new (well, for me, at least) little tidbits when reading those sections, like Bisuke being Netero's disciple, Kuroro not just liking but also collecting ancient books, etc. Even the correlation between nen type and nen user's personality coined by Hisoka is presented in an expanded way.
Come to think of it, I have a feeling the diagram of relationships within the Zoldyck family looked a bit different in my soushuu volume...

Well, anyway, I actually like my soushuu editions better than my tankos, haha. But it's probably not a very good idea to read them for the first time readers who know nothing beforehand because vol.1, for example, spoils the 12 Zodiacs in the explanation of how the Hunter Association works and there's a panel with Leorio using his nen ability, vol.2 spoils many things about the Genei Ryodan, the list goes on.

And while I'm at it, did anyone see the original image of the one below from the time where it was published in SJ magazine? This was a pic for the second popularity poll, I think (this one is a scan from soushuu edition vol.4)
 
Last edited:

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Wow, all that information? I wish there was a translation somewhere, I'm definitely interested into knowing more detailed Nen types according to Hisoka and family chart from the Zoldycks.
 

fanatik

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2007
Messages
157
Reaction score
97
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Well, Hisoka's classification on the pic above basically goes like this:
Kyoukakei (Enhancement/Reinforcement)
The defining personality traits of enhancers are their simplicity and earnestness. Most of them don't lie and don't hide anything. Their words and actions are often controlled by their feelings. They're usually incredibly selfish and persistent in pursuing their way.

Henkakei (Transmutation/Transformation)
Me and Killua are the same type, we're both whimsical liars. Transmutors possess a unique outlook, that's why, from other people's viewpoint, among transmutors there are a lot of those who are considered tricksters or weirdos. We rarely reveal our true intentions.

Gugenkakei (Conjuration/Materialization)
The one word to characterize conjurers' presonality is 'high strung'. They're very careful and guarded, to the point of being excessively cautious. Since they're very observant, they rarely fall into traps. Being able to calmly analyze things is also conjurers' forte.

Houshutsukei (Emission)
The defining personality traits of emitters are short temper and crudeness. A lot of them are easily angered and hot blooded. They're similar to enhancers in that they're impulsive, but the difference is probably in that, unlike enhancers, they tend to forget and calm down just as easily.

Sousakei (Manipulation)
This's Illumi's type. Manipulators like doing things at their own pace and tend to be argumentative. They find arguments for everything and have a tendency to wish to keep their family or lovers restrained. On the other hand, when it comes to pursuing their own goals, they turn a deaf ear to what others might have to say about it.

Tokushitsukei (Specialization)
Specialists are individualists. They won't tell you anything important about themselves, and they refrain from making close friends. But, due to their natural charisma that attracts others, they're always surrounded by a lot of people. Like in Kuroro's case.
 

thatguy3331

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
588
Reaction score
362
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, Hisoka's classification on the pic above basically goes like this:
Kyoukakei (Enhancement/Reinforcement)
The defining personality traits of enhancers are their simplicity and earnestness. Most of them don't lie and don't hide anything. Their words and actions are often controlled by their feelings. They're usually incredibly selfish and persistent in pursuing their way.

Henkakei (Transmutation/Transformation)
Me and Killua are the same type, we're both whimsical liars. Transmutors possess a unique outlook, that's why, from other people's viewpoint, among transmutors there are a lot of those who are considered tricksters or weirdos. We rarely reveal our true intentions.

Gugenkakei (Conjuration/Materialization)
The one word to characterize conjurers' presonality is 'high strung'. They're very careful and guarded, to the point of being excessively cautious. Since they're very observant, they rarely fall into traps. Being able to calmly analyze things is also conjurers' forte.

Houshutsukei (Emission)
The defining personality traits of emitters are short temper and crudeness. A lot of them are easily angered and hot blooded. They're similar to enhancers in that they're impulsive, but the difference is probably in that, unlike enhancers, they tend to forget and calm down just as easily.

Sousakei (Manipulation)
This's Illumi's type. Manipulators like doing things at their own pace and tend to be argumentative. They find arguments for everything and have a tendency to wish to keep their family or lovers restrained. On the other hand, when it comes to pursuing their own goals, they turn a deaf ear to what others might have to say about it.

Tokushitsukei (Specialization)
Specialists are individualists. They won't tell you anything important about themselves, and they refrain from making close friends. But, due to their natural charisma that attracts others, they're always surrounded by a lot of people. Like in Kuroro's case.
Aw man, I wish I had seen these transaltions of hisoka's ratings, cause I found a different translation that may have screwed me over XD but then again, it could work itself out.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Damn, that means I'm not Materialization as I thought but instead I'm more likely Emission or Manipulation. Which sucks, since I never thought in a technique involving those Hatsus xD
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Based on the personality chart, my nen type would be Manipulation. I don't know why I always thought my nen type would be Conjuration lol.
 

there76

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2012
Messages
176
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Transmutation, different than I expected, and here I thought I was manipulation.
 

MegamanX195

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
185
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Manipulation for me. According to that manga page and to some of those Internet tests, I would be Manipulation too.
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Internet tests? Are you talking about some kinda fan Aura personality quiz? I'd be interested in seeing that if you had a link.

Anyway based off personality, I had to think it over quite a bit but I think I'd fall under Conjuration maybe blossoming into Specialization later in life (not sure which one suits me more). Which is what I always thought but I loved seeing these more elaborate detailed explanation by Hisoka. The whole aura based off personality element was introduced in such a cool way in the manga. I hope the new anime manages to fit in all of Hisoka's analysis in a natural way (the old series only keeps the lines about Enhancers and Transmuters)
 

majinjeb

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
91
Reaction score
70
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I got the 5th compilation today, as well as the mini figures that came with candy. They are a couple times larger than the other mini figures. There are 5 different ones, so I actually have 2 sets (I thought I was only getting 8 figures instead of 10). If anyone would be interested in a set, let me know.






 
Last edited:

Popo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2008
Messages
165
Reaction score
435
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Thank you so much for posting all of these images! I'm surprised by Kite's colors in it...but I like it. I wonder if Madhouse is going with that color scheme or the one on volume 26?
 

MegamanX195

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
185
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil

majinjeb

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
91
Reaction score
70
Gender
Male
Country
United States
These are due out late August:



I was debating on getting these, but I don't think it'll be worth it. I'd rather have a large figure that looks good than all of these that are small (and to me not so great quality). I think the one I want the most is Hisoka, but yeah... I'll wait and hope for a larger figure of him.

---------- Post added May 17, 2012 at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was May 10, 2012 at 07:08 AM ----------

I got the 6th compilation earlier this week. Here is the extra cover inside (sorry about the pics being in the wrong direction):


 

steadynco

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2012
Messages
119
Reaction score
46
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
These are due out late August:



I was debating on getting these, but I don't think it'll be worth it. I'd rather have a large figure that looks good than all of these that are small (and to me not so great quality). I think the one I want the most is Hisoka, but yeah... I'll wait and hope for a larger figure of him.
They don't look too bad, from a distance Gon and Kurapika look pretty ugly but if you zoom up (can do this on Japanese Amazon), they're not bad looking. Illumi is still ugly though lol. I'll probably buy.

I'd love to have Pitou and Pariston figurines, might be a wait though!
 
Last edited:

majinjeb

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
91
Reaction score
70
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm still on the fence about it. I guess I have a couple of months to decide before they are released.Do you know if the alternate faces come with the original (I guess detach the head and replace it)? I saw that ordering them you get a box of 6, and it said there was a variety of 6, but I wasn't sure about the alternate 3 faces.
 
Top