Discussion - Hunter x Hunter Hangout [00] | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Hunter x Hunter Hangout [00]

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Re: Hunter x Hunter

This must be the most asked question in the history of Edited Mangas...

The crappy drawn chapters you see, are published in Shonen Jump.
Togashi REDRAWS them when he releases the full volume, when it's to be sold in stores. And those have very good drawings, even better than he used to draw. Nexgear even re-scanlated that version of volume 23.

Sky Shadow

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score

pwned hokage said:
This must be the most asked question in the history of Edited Mangas...

Togashi REDRAWS them when he releases the full volume, when it's to be sold in stores. And those have very good drawings, even better than he used to draw. Nexgear even re-scanlated that version of volume 23.
I'm glad to hear that he redoes them. It would of been a major disappointment if he really published a volume of crap.

Analog Fish

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Hey does anyone know where I can direct download the manga outside of stoptazmo? Thanks for anyones help.

sonofsun

Reaction score

Well it used to be that you could direct download HxH in volumes from http://www.mangatraders.com/
But since the site crashed / went down for a while, they've been busy repopulating their downloads section after redesigning the site. If you wait enough or make a request in their forums, HxH might show up on their new update.

zenozatch

Reaction score
Country
United States

Not enough action for me,so I wasted 16 dollars on the first 2 vols.,plus the recent chapters look like something I would draw,when bored.

barbapapa

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

How many times do I need to say this:

Togashi REDRAWS them when he releases the full volume, when it's to be sold in stores. And those have very good drawings, even better than he used to draw.

Tr14d

Reaction score

i havent read the manga for hunterxhunter but i watched the anime tii ep 60 and loved it,
where can i get the manga?

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

pwned hokage, that may be true but it seems like a scheme to get people to buy the tanks rather than read it in shounen jump. Then again, he is in it for the money as much as for the ability to create what he wants. (as are all mangaka)

FLFC

Reaction score

What do u guys think it´s the worse thing a mangaka can do to fans? Leaving a series unfinished or making some poor excuse for an ending just to get rid of the bothering? Or even a third option, any thoughts? (In this case i´m speaking especifically to the HxH case)

barbapapa

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

NeoShweaty said:
pwned hokage, that may be true but it seems like a scheme to get people to buy the tanks rather than read it in shounen jump. Then again, he is in it for the money as much as for the ability to create what he wants. (as are all mangaka)
Why is that a scheme? Why wouldn't anyone want to buy the tanks? To me it's just extra motivation.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

I should have said in comparison to the other mangaka that are in shounen jump. Comparitively, there is a little jump in the artwork from the jump to the tank except for a few tweaks here and there in other series. With HxH, it just seems like he does a half assed job rather than get assistants and do a good one from the beginning. It seems to me that it would be much easier to do it that way then his way. He just seems to be stubborn.

Also, i wasn't saying no one wants to buy the tanks originally. All i am saying is that Togashi seems to get deliberately force people to buy the tanks if people want any kind of quality when every other series in jump just has it there from the beginning.

barbapapa

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Well, however Togashi chooses to do it, is entirely his business. Okay so he's stubborn, and lazy and.. whatever; frankly I'm a bit tired of all the accusations.
Imo he's the only normal mangaka that doesn't work himself to death.

The real HxH fans that still even read it put up with the poor quality of the jump chapters, and won't have any issues with "being forced" (if you wanna call it that) to buy the tanks too. It's quite obvious he needs his time to draw good manga, so I say let him. Because if it's the other way around, and he would be forced to draw weekly again; he'd still draw crappy weekly chapters + won't have the time to work on his tank-redrawings.

Sorry if this comes over a tad defensive. I admit even I get bugged by Togashi's breaks and whatnot. But I love HxH too much not to defend him.

siegfried

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey

there is sth wrong with this. if he is sick, how can he redraw the previous volumes but cant continue the story? I would be pleased even if he realised one chapter a month.

barbapapa

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Noone really knows what's up with him. And I always say, if you don't know the jist of it... it's better to keep silent.

HumanRage

Reaction score
Country
France

barbapapa said:
Noone really knows what's up with him. And I always say, if you don't know the jist of it... it's better to keep silent.
judging on what he wrote on the cover of every recent volume ("was afraid i would not see the end of this volume" , "i can't stand anymore", "i gave all i had on this" etc.), it smells bad :/

rurouniwill

Reaction score

sorry but i don't really follow the manga scene too much.

so the reason that HxH has stalled on the Bug arc is that the mangakan is ill/lazy?

I've stopped reading it for a while now and I haven't seen it progress. Is the any inclination showing that the serial will continue in the future ('cause the last chapter I read was when the Hunters were just about to assault the bug king at the palace - too much of a cliffhanger for me)?

Meno

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Togashi is said to be ill. In Japan that can mean anything from a really bad cold to cancer. We just don't know.

HumanRage

Reaction score
Country
France

i can't remember when the last chapter was out ...

ibra87

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Last chapter was a while before April :o. Anyway HxH is one of my favorite series. I like especially Killua and Kurapica. Gon was my favorite until Killua chose a cool lightning attack as his special while Gon chose a stupid looking and slow attack as his special :S.

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Italy

I read Togashi has cancer.

@Ibra87 Everytime I see your avatar it's a knife in my heart. I miss HxH so much. Life is cruel :crying :scry

Status
Not open for further replies.