Discussion Hunter x Hunter Hangout [00]

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

He WAS. He changed.
 

sharingan_kakashi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
693
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

funny how killua is running on the palace's power in a literal sense.
Hahaha that was awesome. I didnt even think he can do that. He can convert his Nen to Electricity and vice versa. That is awesome. That skill of his deplete his tank so fast. Just like a supercar running at 8mpg.
Wait? Who was Meleoron? If you're talking about Jairo it's almost impossible for him to be Meleoron, because Meleoron's had inner monologues and doesn't seem to have any ulterior motives or contain any of the qualities of the "world hating monster". And the thing about Meleoron giving a name similar to "Jairo" when he appeared is incorrect if you read the katakana.
I think we're talking about the same thing. The guy who was wearing a big coat and walked through the area near where Gon was, they gave his backstory without showing his form. I'm fairly sure they didn't mention Meleoron as someone "unknown to mankind" or anything...
so you think Meleoron is not Jairo? i was pretty sure he was then again i cant read katakana. i have to reread that part again now. This discussion has come up once before and the conclusion was Jairo=Meleoron.

Edit:
Found this page
http://www.onemanga.com/Hunter_X_Hunter/241/13/
so you're saying he said something different in the raw?
 
Last edited:

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Yes, I've explained this like 10 times before, but I'll do it again.
That line Meleoron is about to say whatever his name was before he chose a new name. The commanders all chose their own names once they left the queen.

The name he starts to say there is ジェイル (lit. Jeiru)
While Jairo's name is ジャイロ (lit Jyairo)
It's written in that page as "Jail" because it's pronounced like the english word "jail". Not "j-eye-l", which is how Jairo's name is pronounced.

There are countless other arguements, everyon one says he is not. It's not 100% until we've seen Jairo himself, since Meloron doesn't show up until after the "Jairo story". But Meleoron would need to be completely putting on an act and making his personality totally different, including crying when no one can see him and making his own thoughts be compassionate towards people when they can't read his mind.

Jairo is said to hate all people. Meloron said he wanted revenge on the king for killing Peggy who, once he'd regained his human memories, found out was his father originally. Jairo hated his father for lying to him when he had trusted him above all else, and killed him himself.

Uh... let's see... Also Jairo would need some motivation for killing the king or getting close to Gon's group, which we haven't heard of yet.

Jairo was said to have never been under control of the queen because his human emotions were so strong he never lost his memories. Meloron is seen in an early chapter fighting to gather people for the queen along with a koala guy. Chapter 189.

There could've been more, but really with just one of these I'm satisfied.
 
Last edited:

TheGenius

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
1,457
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Good explaination kewl....[runs back to re-re-re-read the chaps...]

Also, do you think the king has a brother? Maybe a little sprout that ran-off mama's vagina? I have some vahue memories of the ants taking another baby and protecting it....maybe I'm studying too much...
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

the first-born general was raising it, if memory serves me right. he got permission from netero.
 

SwordKirby537

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

That bird guy had the Queen's fetus.
 

sharingan_kakashi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
693
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

who is that? is he someone famous in Japan or did you just found a look alike.

@287. awesome we finally get to see Netero and the King. Yupi's fight is almost over, Pitou is not gonna fight anymore, Pufu is up to something. We might see him fight Gon and Killua. i cant wait till next week.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

well i wanna see pufu find out he's got a hole in his chest...

my bad that's raikiri hole.
 

TheGenius

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
1,457
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

who is that? is he someone famous in Japan or did you just found a look alike.
Dunno...his name is Mario Netero....even weirder...
 

Host Samurai

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
1,367
Reaction score
677
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Here's the spoiler for chapter 288 thx to kewl0210

Narrator: "The ant's expectation... at that intersection is Gon!!"

  ピトーはプフの要求通り襲撃直後
  Pitou, in accordance with Pufu's request, immediately following the
raid
  つまりプフと別れた時点から語り始めた
  breifly, starts talking about from when she separated from Pufu.
  ゴンが知らない部分をあえて説明する事で
  when parts Gon didn't know about are reached in the explanation
  ゴンが「話を聞く事に集中」するよう仕向ける狙いで�
�る
  Gon makes "Focusing on listening to the story" an aim.

 HUNTER×HUNTER
 No.288◆賞賛
No. 288◆Commendation

  コムギを抱きかかえた王の事を意図的に話さなかった�
�は
  She purposely does not mention about how the king was holding Komugi
in his arms.
  あの状況を言葉で忠実に再現する言葉を持たなかった�
�らだ
  Because she did not have the words to faithfully restore that situation.
  ゴンに際立った変化は無い
  Gon has no significant change
  ━━が
-------But
  ピトーはゴンの視線の揺らぎに企みの成功を見た
  Pitou's plan to make Gon's stare tremble looked like a success.

ピトー「王は…自らの意思で敵とそこから出て行った」
Pitou: "It was the King's... own intention to leave to there with the enemy."

   「ボク達が行く必要はない」
   "It's not necessary for us to go."
プフ「…成程」
Pufu: "...I see."
  (南へ…)
  (To the south...)
  「よくわかりました」
  "I've understood well."
  (ファインプレーです ピトー)
  "Fine play, Pitou."
  「ならば私達はここで待ちましょう 王の帰還を」
  "So, let us wait here, for the King's return."

   【背中から一匹のちびプフを放出するプフ】
   [From his back, Pufu releases one Chibi Pufu]

ちびプフ(私の外殻だけを残すなら1/7の蝿で充分!!)
Chibi Pufu: (If I just leave behind my shell, 1/7 fly is enough!!)
    (残りの6/7で…王の元へ!!!)
    (As for the remaining 6/7... return to the King!!!)

   【兵器実験場 ネテロと王】
   [The Weapons Testing Site Netero and the King]

[I'm gonna try my best with this... but as I said, these guys talk astutely, and there's a lot here to understand.]
王「負けを覚悟の戦いか」
King: "A fight were you're prepared to lose?"
 「理解できぬな…人類という種のためか?」
 "I can't understand... for the so-called mankind idea?"
 「ならば余の行為はむしろ〝協力〟だと言っておく」
 "In that case, my actions could be said to be more like "cooperation"."
 「例えばお前達の社会には国境という縄張りに似た仕切�
�があろう」
 "For example, like how your society's so-called countries rope off your
areas"
 「境の右では子供が飢えて死に左では何もしないクズが�
�てを持っている」
 "On the right side, children starve to death and on the left side carries waste that doesn't do anything."
 「狂気の沙汰だ」
 "It's an unbelievalbe act."
ネテロ「……」
Netero: "......"
王「余が壊してやる」
King: "I'll break it down."
 「そして与えよう」
 "And I'll give."
 「平等とはいえぬまでも」
 "Though not as far as equal"
 「理不尽な差の無い世界を!!」
 "A world without unreasonable differences!!"
ネテロ「ん~~~~~~…」
Netero: "N~~~~~~~..."
王「始めのうちは〝力〟と〝恐怖〟を利用する事を否定し�
�い」
King: "The original setup was "power" and "fear" being used without negotiation."
 「だが あくまでそれは秩序維持のためと限定する」
 "But to the end, we are restricted to that to maintain order."
 「余は何のために〝力〟を使うかを学習した」
 "I studied for what what reason to use "power"."
 「弱く…しかし生かすべき者を守るためだ」
 "For weak... but what ones that should live, to protect them."
 「敗者を虐げるためでは決してない」
 "Never to oppress the loser."
ネテロ(………こいつは厄介だな)
Netero: (.........This guy's troublesome, eh)
   (奴は揺れている)
   (He's shaking)
王「貴様とは戦わぬ」
King: "I won't fight you"
ネテロ(蟻と人との間で!!!)
Netero: (Amoung ants and humans!!!)
王「場所の移動に異をはさまなかったのは」
King: "I didn't object to moving to another place."
 「忌憚なく論を交わすために過ぎぬ」
 "Not so much as to argue without reserve."
 「近う寄れ」
 "Closely approach."
ネテロ(そしてまだ気付いていない)
Netero: (And he still isn't recognizing.)
   (その二つが絶対に混じわらない事に!!)
   (That those definitely can't mix!!) [I think I might've decoded how Netero talks. わらない is the equivalent of the normal られない. Or at least that's what I'm assuming. Someone tell me if I'm wrong.]
   (どちらにも傾きうる…しかし例えどちらに転んで�
�)
   (Both have bias.... But both examples still fall down.) [This line
I don't get so much...]
   【過去ネテロとお偉いさん】
   [Flashback of Netero and Celebrated-san]
[Celebrated-san seems to be another one of Eroi-jin's placeholder names.]

お偉いさん「頼んだよ 我々が望むのはただ一つ」
Celebrated-sam: "I beg of you. We have only one request."
     「危険生物の速やかな駆除だからね」
     "The speedy extermination of dangerous creatures."
ネテロ「すでに多くの犠牲者が出ています」
Netero: "Many victims have already appeared."
   「手段を選ばず…という事で宜しいのですかな…?�
�
   "If we have a means of selection... kind of thing, would that be okay...?" [Netero talks funny. I'm not sure what 選ばず means.]
お偉いさん「そこは君ィ専門家に我々がどうこう言えんよ�
�
Celebrated-san: "That is your specialty, we'll tend to what you say."
     「ともかく我々は一刻も早く」
     "In any case, we are immediate."
     「危険生物が根絶される事を望んでるんだ」
     "We wish to see the dangerous creatures eradicated."
ネテロ(絶対にありは根絶やしにして)
Netero: (The ants will absolutely be irradicated.)
   (批判は全てH協会がかぶれという事ですな)
   (It's a judgement the entire H association will bear.)
   「………承知しました」
   ".........I agree."


   【兵器実験場 ネテロと王】
   [Weapons Testing Site Netero and the King]

ネテロ(結論は変わらない)
Netero: (The conclusion has not changed.)
   「王よ」
   "King."
   (早めに闘っちまった方がいい)
   (If we fight sooner, it would be better.)
   「お互い大変だな」
   "This is difficult for us both."
   (心がぶれる前に)
   (Before my heart is shaken.)
王「?」
King: "?"

   【合掌するネテロ】
   [Netero puts his hands together in prayer]

  〝百式観音 壱乃掌(ひゃくしきかんのん いちのて)〟
  "Hundred Style Kanon One Palm"
[Kannon is the Buddhist Deity of Mercy. This attack is pronounced just as it's written.]

   【ネテロの背後に現れた巨大な観音が王に攻撃をす�
�】
   [Appearing from Netero's back, a giant Kannon attacks the king.]

   【宮殿北部 モラウとユピー】
   [Palace North Tower Morau and Yupi]

ユピー「ひゃはは」
Yupi: "Hyahaha"

   【ナックルの分身を軽快に壊していくユピー】
   [The Knuckle clones are casually broken down by Yupi]

モラウ(…………)
Morau: (............)
   (残り10体…!!)
   (10 remaining...!!)
   (いよいよ土壇場だな………)
   (Getting closer to the last moment.........)
   (やつはどうやらオレを最後に料理する気らしいな�
�)
   (This guy somehow seems finally have me cooked...)
   (ならば…一秒でも長く足掻いてやる…!!)
   (In that case... I'll struggle to lengthen it even one second...!!)

  ユピーの目の届く範囲に全兵士を配していたのは
  Yupi's eyes had reached the scope of every soldier's arrangement
  モラウからもユピーの動きが把握できるからであった�
�
  And Morau was able to grasp Yupi's movements, but
  兵士を広範囲に産卵させるのが不可能な程
  the level of expansively spawning soldiers was impossible.
  モラウの疲労が深刻なレベルに達したからでもあった
  That means's Morau's fatigue has reached a serious level.
  気を抜けば兵士が煙に霧散してしまう
  If he removed his energy, the soldiers would disappear completely.

モラウ(もう少しのはずなんだ……!!)
Morau: (Something a little more......!!)
   (ユピーだって無限のはずがねェ…!!!)
   (Not even Yupi doesn't have a limit...!!!)
   (……なのに)
   (......though)
   (なのにクソッ…!!)
   (Though, dammit...!!!)

  なけなしの精神力を振り絞っても
  Even mustering mustering his very small emotional strength
  立ち上がることさえかなわない文字通りの限界は…
  He couldn't make himself stand up, literally his limit...

モラウ(体が…精神が動かねェ…)
Morau (My body... my mind won't move...)

  ユピーの破産よりも早く訪れた
  It came earlier than Yupi's bankruptcy
  0:09:29:53
   【最後の分身を壊すユピー】
   [Yupi breaks the last replication]

モラウ(……残り…0…)
Morau: (......remaining...0...)
ユピー「一言……お前に言いたくてな」
Yupi: "I'd like to say... one word to you."
   「途中でお前に気付いたが全て片付けてからにした�
�なった」
   "On the way, you noticed it, but I put everything in place." [Or something like that.]
   「……」
   "......"
   「…ふん どう見ても死にかけの子蝿だぜ」
   "...Hn However you look at it, you little flies have bet your death."

  〝怒り〟のエネルギーを別の部位に
  Storing the "Rage" energy in a different part
  貯蔵する術を覚えたユピーの頭は冴えていた
  Yupi's mind wad stayed clear.
  戦闘の最中に驚異的な速さで進化し
  In the middle of the fight he progressed with wonderful speed.
  モラウ達との実力差を更に大きく引き離したはずのユ�
�ーが
  And Yupi expected the difference in real power between Morau and others
to become bigger.

ユピー「なのに」
Yupi: "Though"
   「すげェな………お前ら」
   "You guys.... are awesome."

  抱いていた感情は敗者への賞賛であった
  He had embraced feelings to commend the loser.
  自身がユピーに持つ印象から考えればおそらく
  Probably an impression from what Yupi had personally considered.
  この場に最もそぐわない言葉だった事で
  In this place, these were extremely out of place words.
  逆にモラウは偽りのないユピーの本心が出たのだろう�
�
  Conversely Morau felt that, that a not-lying Yupi's true feelings were probably coming out.
  素直に受け入れる事が出来た
  And he was able to obediently accept it.
  

ユピー「……上手く言えねェが」
Yupi: "...I'm not good at talking, but"
   「すげェって思ったから……こそ」
   "I really thought you were awesome... for sure."
   「キッチリ殺らなきゃな………ケジメっつーのか?�
�
   "If I didn't precisely kill you......... isn't there's a hell of a distinction?" [I doubt this is right... but it might be.]
モラウ(ゲームオーバーだ)
Morau: (It's game over.)
ユピー「ま……一撃で楽にしてやるから」
Yupi: "Well...... I'll comfortably do it in one attack, then."
   「動くなよ……?」
   "You won't move.....?"
モラウ(今のこいつなら殺られてもいいか…って思っちま�
�てる)
Morau: (I'm fine with being killed with him how he is now... I think completely.)
ユピー「じゃあな」
Yupi: "See ya"

  ドッ…
  Doh...

煽り「モラウ絶命!?」
Narrator: "The end of Morau's life!?"

This is going to be another EPIC chapter! The King keeps to suprise me with the latest chapter.;)
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Epic. Seems Togashi's aiming for a new H association.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

It says "H Association" which obviously means "Hunter". That section was kinda hard to understand though. I'm doing all these translations without the visuals of the manga so I could get misled. Plus sometimes the way people speak is hard to get, which I mentioned in there.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

yes, I know that. but with the chimera ants getting conscious of fairness and equality, would you still root for their total annihilation?
 

Host Samurai

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
1,367
Reaction score
677
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

yes, I know that. but with the chimera ants getting conscious of fairness and equality, would you still root for their total annihilation?
I think that I would root for their total annihilation because these chimera ants are way too unstable in their behavior or concious, look at Hagya aka. Leol he remeberred that he was a Lion before turning into an chimera ant. The same thing could happen to the King or the other Ants and that worries me.
 

sharingan_kakashi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
693
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

yes, I know that. but with the chimera ants getting conscious of fairness and equality, would you still root for their total annihilation?
these ants are powerful. Genetically engineered superfreaks. They become so powerful in a short amount of time. That just makes someone egotistic. Netero spent half his life to get to where he is (power wise), and the king was just born with his powers. He is like a kid with a Ferrari. Nothing good would come out of that.
That said, i wanna see them anihilated, actually i wanna see Gin do it.
 

Oni_James

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
858
Reaction score
190
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Catalonia
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Narrator: "The end of Morau's life!?"
he can't just die like this...he was one of the coolest new characters presented in the Chimera Ant arc, i'll only be happy if he dies in an epic way
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

he can't just die like this...he was one of the coolest new characters presented in the Chimera Ant arc, i'll only be happy if he dies in an epic way
Someone's gonna come save his ass. ;)
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Well, it's still unclear if he's dead. He could survive somehow.

And the king's idea of "equality" still involves "killing about everybody". It's just except for the ones he thinks are worth keeping alive.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Meruem's ideal world isn't fit for everyone. Yeah I love your reactions guys. Whatever the case, Togashi can't give everyone a happily ever after shit just like what he did with Yu Yu Hakusho.

If your ability is kammuru, which means your reflexes are the speed of light, do your strength increase? I don't think so. But Killua is strong enough to take Morau away right?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top