Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro
I think it's obvious enough that as far as the situation goes, it is not about "taking" down" or "beating" the King anymore, we need to move out of that logic because it wouldn't make sense to have someone or some team like the Spiders to beat him, it just wouldn't work.
I did notice something though, when the King remembered a dual, an obscure image appears and at first glance I thought it reminded him the battle with Netero; but then I realized actually it's an image of the Jougi(sp?) chess thing he was playing with Komugi.
So, I think it's only a matter of time before he remembers his feelings/whatnot for Komugi - however, I think the catch is whether he regains his memory before something bad happens to Komugi; if she gets hurt, it will probably be done by Pouf or maybe even the King himself (before he remembers).