Discussion Hunter x Hunter Hangout [00]

Status
Not open for further replies.

alekosss_kenpachi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2006
Messages
104
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Re: Hunter x Hunter [ON HIATUS - Info In First Post]

I meant to see him in action :)!!
 

Magical Poof

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
691
Reaction score
4
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter [ON HIATUS - Info In First Post]

Hmmm... Two or three weeks ago I finally decided to pick up HxH, after having read about it, heard about it, even seen the first episode before. And I must say, I'm horrible addicted now.

It's really a shame that the mangaka has decided to get lazy with his drawings... Plus he's been on hiatus for what, two years? -sigh- Well, Killua's officially my most favorite character ever, so I guess I'm a little dissapointed we didn't get to see his new move ("Godspeed," I think it was called). And I really felt this manga had a lot of potential until it just stopped.

Plus there's all these other ominous foreshadowing things around Killua that has yet to resolved, like how his father said he'd come back to their family and during the second-to-last chapter or something, Shoot says something like "Killua sometimes looks like he's dissappearing into the darkness." ARGH! I wanna know what happens to Killua!!!! ;_; Gon and Killua's friendship is so cute, though... And not in the slashy way.
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Hunter x Hunter [ON HIATUS - Info In First Post]

@Magical Poof: You expressed the opinions and wishes of many HxH fans, unluckily there isn't much we can do :(
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Hunter x Hunter [ON HIATUS - Info In First Post]

Magical Poof said:
Gon and Killua's friendship is so cute, though... And not in the slashy way.
No, that's saved for Gon and Hisoka-chan. :oh
 

Azurel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
1,334
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Hunter x Hunter [ON HIATUS - Info In First Post]

Magical Poof said:
Gon and Killua's friendship is so cute, though... And not in the slashy way.
I second that! ^^

Khaludh said:
No, that's saved for Gon and Hisoka-chan. :oh
They have a rather cat and mouse relationship :XD (cat toys with the mouse)
 

Otaku-Kun

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hunter x Hunter [ON HIATUS - Info In First Post]

Hello^^


I want to ask wether someone know how much chapter HxH have now i found 260chapter but that can't be all. Give it more or is the mangaka Yoshiro to ill?
 

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: Hunter x Hunter [ON HIATUS - Info In First Post]

Yes, currently only at chapter 260. As far as the news goes, it is still on hiatus, and no one knows/any news about if Togashi will resume the manga or not
 

Otaku-Kun

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hunter x Hunter [ON HIATUS - Info In First Post]

Hmm i see so we cann only wait and hope that Togashi will resume the manga ones.
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: Hunter x Hunter [ON HIATUS - Info In First Post]

Here's something interesting, found over at AP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_67nzljuX-k&mode=related&search=

Posted 3 months ago, but not sure when the video itself was made. He does say that he is drawing Hunter x Hunter for Shonen, though. But if it was before his vacation then it's kind of useless.
 
Last edited:

siegfried

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2006
Messages
405
Reaction score
3
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
Re: Hunter x Hunter [ON HIATUS - Info In First Post]

The video was added to youtube 5 months ago.
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Hunter x Hunter [ON HIATUS - Info In First Post]

That video was made when the anime was about to start.
 

alia

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Hunter x Hunter [ON HIATUS - Info In First Post]

too bad for hxh more than a year hiatus on one of the best series ever....
 

Musashi_Keiji

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2006
Messages
127
Reaction score
27
Age
40
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: Hunter x Hunter [ON HIATUS - Info In First Post]

I would say it's not as bad as Vagabond's and Berserk's mangakas since they both are constantly taking breaks.

Berserk 286 was just released last week. And that manga has been going on for like 18 years.

Imagine if it was so slow it was only 2 volumes per year. At least hopefully one day Togashi will come back normally.
 

cacwoody

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
149
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter [ON HIATUS - Info In First Post]

i was thinking. if he redraws the manga before he releases a volume, and he just released volume 23 right,? then that means that hes still alive and kicking.!!!!! my bet is that he will redraw all of what he has screwed up on so far for all of his fans and release them into volumes and then continue writing. if so, then he only has a few more to go. 248-260!!!! yeahhhhh!!!! ofcorse this is just my overly optimistic personality speaking but whatever. i like to dream! also since im not positive on when volume 23 was released, does anybody know? and does anybody know how often he gets them out? lastly, does anybody have HQ volume covers for 16-18???? mine are small. :( thats it
 

monkeydluffysj

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 16, 2006
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Hunter x Hunter [ON HIATUS - Info In First Post]

I would say it's not as bad as Vagabond's and Berserk's mangakas since they both are constantly taking breaks.

Berserk 286 was just released last week. And that manga has been going on for like 18 years.

Imagine if it was so slow it was only 2 volumes per year. At least hopefully one day Togashi will come back normally.
Uh...I don't even know where to start correcting you... as far as Berserk and Vagabond go, yes, the artists both take huge breaks, but that is mainly because they are Seinen series, and with a Seinen series, this is a LOT more common than with a Shonen manga. Seinen series generally centralize around plot and concept, whereas Shonen series generally centralize around conflict/resolve. As far as actual breaks go, I only know of three series that have gone on hiatus concurently longer than Hunter X Hunter; one whereien the artist died during production of the series (The title slips my mind; All I remember is that she was in a car crash...), one where the artist has been on hiatus for seven years due to unknown injuries/incapabilities (Again, the title slips my mind), and finally, X/1999, which was discontinued due to the 9/11 terrorist attacks (>.>;;;;;;;;;). The point here is that Berserk, Vagabond, and Gantz (Which should be included since it strongly pertains to your case) have not even come close to Hunter X Hunter, in terms of vacation periods, let alone plausible reasoning.

Secondly... Hunter X Hunter has put out 1 volume in the last 2 and a half years, with volume 22 being released in early 2005 and Volume 23 being released in March of 2006. So, uh...I don't believe we need to imagine, since we are living that very same reality.

As for wood5525, the answer to your supposition lies in my little rant (See above), but if you're too lazy to look for it, I'll repeat that Volume 23 was released in March of 2006, shortly following the announcement that Togashi would be returning in "April of 2006" (LIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES). If I were you, I wouldn't get my hopes up. As many have pointed out, Togashi seems to take vacations when hot games are released, and with E3 looming on the horizon, I don't see him giving up video games any time soon >.>;;;
 

imintheradio

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,070
Reaction score
48
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: Hunter x Hunter [ON HIATUS - Info In First Post]

well,i followed this manga since 1999,and till now it seems to be stop for a while!i know that the mangaka is sick,but i also heard the rumour about him to get SICK if new popular game come out!! well,if he really into this manga where lots of people follow it,he doesnt supposed to do this,right?i mean sick for the new game!! well,at least this is my opinion,but guys,the manga really good for me!!
 

Turtle Pirate

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2007
Messages
118
Reaction score
48
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter [ON HIATUS - Info In First Post]

hmmmm, I seem to be a stituation where I can't get chapters after 260. Can anyone tell me a site where I can get chapters after 260??
 

a_nevels666

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2007
Messages
65
Reaction score
1
Age
48
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Hunter x Hunter [ON HIATUS - Info In First Post]

hmmmm, I seem to be a stituation where I can't get chapters after 260. Can anyone tell me a site where I can get chapters after 260??
There are no chapters past chapter 260 yet. The Edited Mangas have caught up and the auhor is sick apparantly.

The manga is currently on hold, just read this thread.
 

Turtle Pirate

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2007
Messages
118
Reaction score
48
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter [ON HIATUS - Info In First Post]

There are no chapters past chapter 260 yet. The Edited Mangas have caught up and the auhor is sick apparantly.

The manga is currently on hold, just read this thread.
I did at the beginning but on hiatus for over a year?? I just thought the hiatus was over and I couldn't find the next chapters. Well thanks.
 

Clod

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
274
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Azerbaijan
Re: Hunter x Hunter [ON HIATUS - Info In First Post]

i need advice.

i wanna try this manga, actually i did. i read first volume and i didnt like it so i stopped there. the art and storyline is very dull. is it gonna be very interesting?
also, is character design getting better or just the same age and the same art?
for example, in naruto, after timeskip character designs are muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top