Discussion Hunter x Hunter Hangout [00]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGenius

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
1,457
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

This is really sad. I took a year off manga to finish my studies and there is no new chapters...

I do not know if I should say poor him or curse him...

@ kkck : True, we will never see a proper ending for this...sad indeed.
 

Shinic744

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 6, 2008
Messages
39
Reaction score
5
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Well, no one really knows why exactly he does not write the manga. Rumors are numerous at best. Some time ago I read he was actually sick and could not write hence the hiatuses. Later on someone said the author actually dispised the very notion of drawing a manga and since he is who he is he simply placed the manga on hiatus and went on to other projects. The other rumor is that he is too busy doing his wife (who is the mangaka from sailor moon) and taking care of the children.... Who knows. I for one have given up on seeing a proper end to this manga. I honestly think the author will simply rush finish it (kinda like yu yu hakusho, the last arc was done in 15 chapters lol) or die before he actually gets anywhere near the end. Seriously, with the ants, the ryodan and gon's dad there is already enough plot material for 300 more chapters. There is no way this guy is going to live long enough to properly finish the manga lol.
I can fully understand how you feel about that, but Togashi Yoshihiro is only 44 years old. There's no way he's too old to make a proper ending, even if it's 500 chaps more. Call me naive but I just want to believe there's coming much more from HxH, I'm holding on that opinion since the first hiatus, and I will never let go of that. =)
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

It looks like Hunter will resume in three weeks later.
 

•Sasuke•

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2007
Messages
869
Reaction score
7,307
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

i'm so happy only 3 weeks :D
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

HOLY SHIIIIITTTTTTT!@#$%^ That is great news, can't wait.... hopefully we will get more than a couple volumes this year, at least enough to finish this 7 year arc.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

HOLY SHIIIIITTTTTTT!@#$%^ That is great news, can't wait.... hopefully we will get more than a couple volumes this year, at least enough to finish this 7 year arc.
Sorry, but it is confirmed that news was fake one.
 

cylixte

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 24, 2011
Messages
12
Reaction score
5
Gender
Hidden
Country
France
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Sorry, but it is confirmed that news was fake one.
Thanks for the intel Negative syndicate.
Could you be a little more specific, though ? Who confirmed this ? Are you 100% positive it's a fake ?
(Yes, I know, I'm a believer...)

BTW, I still don't get why some people bother to fake pictures like this, steal someone's tripcode, etc. It totally goes beyond me. Human nature, I guess.
 

•Sasuke•

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2007
Messages
869
Reaction score
7,307
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

BTW, I still don't get why some people bother to fake pictures like this, steal someone's tripcode, etc. It totally goes beyond me. Human nature, I guess.
well i asked to Aohige_AP if T (the spoiler provider for OP) in the 2ch have posted something about HxH return and he say that was a fake poster (i think that in the 2ch there is a quote like here - someone quoting an hold post from T just make a fake post using T's tripcode) made by some random people.
And ohana in the naruto spoiler thread confirm that there aren't any news for Hxh.
 

IamJacky

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2010
Messages
136
Reaction score
135
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Sigh, poor him or curse him, without a doubt all we want is hoping he'd come back and at the very least finish this Chimera Arc; I agree with kkck absolutely, there can only be 3 possibilities for the future of HxH:

1. Rush it off like Yu Yu Hakusho
2. "Indefinite" hiatus until the end of time
3. Come back, do some work, leave again like the current cycles we're having, until he's too old or deceased (knock on woods).

After reading Bakuman for a bit, I got a better understanding of Mangaka's lives and routines, for weekly series, the amount of work really seems to be very overwhelming and can really put a toll on the mangaka's health; the author is already very accomplished and rich with his Yu Yu Hakusho the classic, as much as he may not wish to rush HxH off like Yu Yu Hakusho, I don't think he'd place the fans or HxH in general as the priority of his life, he is probably thinking he just wants to live a stress free life doing what he loves to do, but no on such tight schedules.

IMO another reason that contributed to the hiatus may also be because the author is having a hard time developing the proper ending of this arc and the overall composition for the next arc(s), he knows more than anyone else that he may not be physically fit or mentally attached enough to do the story justice, so maybe he's taking a break off this manga while trying to figure out the best way to end it.

Right before his hiatus, he actually allowed an opening for the next arc, which I believe is probably going to be centered around Jairo, this makes me wonder...if he's planning on going to hiatus for such a long duration, yet not coming back for almost a full year, nor rushing the story off...why give the readers the hope that the story will continue in a normal pace? With this, I believe he'll come back one day and resume a much normal-er pace.

Oh well, I'm just sad that HxH is not coming back yet, it truly is one of the best Manga I've ever read, and it sucks that he doesn't give explanations nor a set time frame for the hiatus.
 
Last edited:

NoFreakingWay

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
249
Reaction score
61
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fiji
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

The next arc should rightfully center around Gon's recovery or a decisive quest that will finally bring Gon close to Jin. I hope though that Gon wouldn't regain his arm the same way Toriko was able to (in the manga Toriko). I loved Toriko but the way he recovered hi arm was like... DragonBall. Not that I hate DragonBall but I always thought Toriko was kinda more serious than it, and more serious ways should be used to heal Toriko's dismembered limb.

In my opinion Jairo isn't very interesting, but yes, I cannot deny the fact that Togashi dedicated a chapter for his life story. If I remember correctly the only other character whom Togashi dedicated at least 3 or more pages to illustrate that character's rise to awesomeness was Netero. If Jairo got a lot of pages for his backstory but would not be as strong as Netero, I wouldn't really be disappointed, since I suspected that Jairo was actually a Chimera Ant we all know by now (although I can't confirm it; at least not yet). But he must still play a very important role even if he can't approach at least Netero's level; Togashi shouldn't let all that hype about him go to waste.

About the fake announcement: yeah, I got hyped up, I got sucked in, my reactions to all of these shenanigans looked like a popular sequence of pics by Xzibit, but it's ok, I have a lot of manga to read because of this hiatus, I'm happy that this helped me broaden my manga horizons.
 

ish3

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2007
Messages
455
Reaction score
143
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Volume 27 is out so question is does this also mean new HxH this spring or the fall?
 

madara555

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
15
Reaction score
2
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

I hope it will comeback I miss it like hell and I want to see the rest of the arc
 

belo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 9, 2007
Messages
45
Reaction score
67
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Man! is there any news out there, i've been looking around but no hints anywhere
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Unfortunately, no news. =(

The last (fake) rumours I heard about the manga were in December, when they re-used the picture announcing the january 2010 return to trick people into believing Hunter x Hunter would resume publication.

Then again when Togashi's other manga, "Level E" finally got an anime adaption this winter, people assumed it would be used as a promotional tie in for the return of the Hunter x Hunter manga, but alas!

Sadly, we're still very much in the dark regarding this matter.
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

So, if I understand your link correctly, the 28th volume of the manga will be released in Japan on the 4th of July?

Though sadly, we still have the 29th volume to go before they run out of previously released chapters... It's probably not a foreboding of new material (like the previous volume release dates were...)

Btw, if anyone's interested, here's the amount of tankouban of HxH released per year:

1998: 3
1999: 4
2000: 3
2001: 3

2002: 2

2003: 3

2004: 2
2005: 2

2006: 1
2007: 1

2008: 2

2009: 1
2010: 0
2011: ...?


(Note, though, that (at least in the last few years), the chapters that were collected in these tanks were usually released in Jump around the time the previous volume was released in stores.)
 
Last edited:

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Hmm, perhaps it is? Volume 29 will be released in August as well. There are also rumors from this young mangaka who attended a get-together for young mangaka which was also attended by an assistant of Togashi's, he says HxH will be back in August. Who knows how legitimate his claim is, though... But the fact that both Vol 28 and 29 are coming in August seems to be a good sign :)
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Damn, that is somewhat depressing.

August seems so far away, sala. What we do until then? :O
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top