Discussion Hunter x Hunter Hangout [00]

Status
Not open for further replies.

gehad

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 14, 2010
Messages
25
Reaction score
1
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Egypt
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

So HXH Manga is back on the 8th of August ?? Is it confirmed ? Does anyone know if it'll be 20 chapters or more ?? SO EXCITED !!!
 

nen user

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 21, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Sudan
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

I really hope they animate the Chimera arc and not redo the whole show
because it was perfect and the animation is still good even today...and i can't stand the idea of new voice actors :-(
not to mention its gonna take years to reach this arc >_>
 
Last edited:

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

I really hope they animate the Chimera arc and not redo the whole show
because it was perfect and the animation is still good even today...and i can't stand the idea of new voice actors :-(
not to mention its gonna take years to reach this arc >_>
First, Welcome! I hope you enjoy this forum!

And yes, I do hope the same as you but there was not any news about it. Even so, if they start now or started months ago it will pass a month or two until we see a good trailer and weeks before we get any more news.

Maybe with the latest chapter we have more info.

------

And well, I was looking what works Madhouse did and found they did the latest X-Men and Blade anime-versions. They're not bad, but I fear they left out some dynamism needed for this series.
And they color things too plastic for my taste.
 

TemplateR

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2008
Messages
883
Reaction score
244
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread



This week's Weekly Shonen Jump confirms that a second Hunter X Hunter anime is set to broadcast in Japan this fall.



Based on Yoshihiro Togashi's manga, the original show ran from 1999 to 2001 and spawned OVAs. After about a year and a half hiatus, the 28th manga volume was released July 4th and has sold over 500,000 copies. The 29th volume is due out August 4th, and serialization in Jump is supposed to start up again August 8th.
Source: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2011/07/31-1/hunter-x-hunter-new-anime-finally-confirmed


Well, we will get new information with the coming wsj issue, if I´m right about the news.
 

BurnSchulz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
942
Reaction score
581
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

I've been re-reading this Arc again and I found another mangasite who probably has the volume version of Hunter X Hunter. I thought myself that I must share it with you guys. Since the scribbles of Togashi was really unreadable, you can see the difference clearly. Here are some examples so that you can see for yourselves. I've already used the bookmarker for this site. :D

http://www.tenmanga.com/book/Hunter+X+Hunter.html

WSJ Scan
Volume Scan
WSJ Scan
Volume Scan
Thank you very much, sir! You´re awesome!!!:super
 

chikkychappy

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
142
Reaction score
55
Gender
Female
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

yyyessssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Even though Togashi's colour work for the series is kind of unimpressive, I've got to say that is one BADASS cover! I don't know how to explain it, it just comes off as a really cool cover to me. Anyways, I am stoked avout the new anime series! I seriously cannot wait to see it!
 

Kiba

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2011
Messages
305
Reaction score
108
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

btw when we will get the first new manga chapter?
 

gehad

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 14, 2010
Messages
25
Reaction score
1
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Egypt
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

concerning the anime will it be from the very start again or will it start from the chimera ant arc . Sorry for asking .
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

concerning the anime will it be from the very start again or will it start from the chimera ant arc . Sorry for asking .
We don't know yet. ;_;
 

nen user

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 21, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Sudan
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

First, Welcome! I hope you enjoy this forum!

And yes, I do hope the same as you but there was not any news about it. Even so, if they start now or started months ago it will pass a month or two until we see a good trailer and weeks before we get any more news.

Maybe with the latest chapter we have more info.

------

And well, I was looking what works Madhouse did and found they did the latest X-Men and Blade anime-versions. They're not bad, but I fear they left out some dynamism needed for this series.
And they color things too plastic for my taste.
Thank you. I've been lurking for a long time. but just couldn't resist after this awesome news!
So the anime will start on October 2nd! looks like we wont wait for along time after all :)
 

mak123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2011
Messages
520
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

concerning the anime will it be from the very start again or will it start from the chimera ant arc . Sorry for asking .
From the beginning :)
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

As much as I love Madhouse, I do kinda understand that the style they mostly use is bit too "plastic", especially for something like HxH. I hope they don't censor that much, making a few scenes look as brutal as they looked in the manga. Considering the viewing time though, I'm skeptical about that. But maybe the opinions on sensorship (whats too much) have changed since the first run of HxH? Hope so.

I wonder if this project has anything to do with the fact that Madhouse was sold to a bigger company, which set a pretty high goals to be reached with the studios success. I mean, it seems like a pretty sure hit and kind of an safe bet.

Bit dissapointed we gotta wait years to see Chimera Arc animated (considering the new show goes on that long), but still pretty hyped by the new series. Madhouse is Madhouse, I have trust. Hopefully the casting is good, and certainly hope improvements to soundtrack. That was my only major dissapointment with the first series. Curious to see if it is a direct adaptation, or will it feature filler bits like the first one. I didn't mind the fillers there, though obviously they weren't the greatest scenes of the show. I'm okay with both choices, if the fillers are well scripted. If Togashi is really gonna end this soon, I wouldn't really mind some plotpoints to be expanded further in the new anime.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

I recently read it will be form the beginning. Dammit.

Well, let's see. I actually enjoyed the previous episodes and I think they were good animated. If they can do better, it will be cool. In the other side, this means Togashi wont rush to end this arc.

¬¬
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

True and even if the anime does go long enough for it to pressure togashi it will still be 3 years from now as the manga currently has 300 chapters lol. Hopefully the next volume or two will actually bring about the end of the arc though.
 

Shonenfan

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2011
Messages
427
Reaction score
260
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Hey, I'm new here, but I read the fourms before, but I have a question. In what cahpter did Netero say that there were underground or hidden hunters who are stronger than him (or strong in genral). Pleas help and thanks.
 

NoFreakingWay

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
249
Reaction score
61
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fiji
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Hey, I'm new here, but I read the fourms before, but I have a question. In what cahpter did Netero say that there were underground or hidden hunters who are stronger than him (or strong in genral). Pleas help and thanks.
So far I believe there isn't any chapter where Netero says explicitly that there are underground or hidden hunters stronger than him.

Here's the page where Netero said something about Ging Freecs.

http://www.mangareader.net/207-14147-4/hunter-x-hunter/chapter-138.html

But Netero still didn't say in that instance that Gin was stronger than him. One could say Netero is out of the top 5, but this is hard to confirm. He might still have a good ranking in there.

What was said though is that 50 years ago Netero became the strongest Nen user.

http://www.mangareader.net/207-14211-3/hunter-x-hunter/chapter-202.html

That was said in the past tense though, so it could only mean that now there are unintroduced Nen users that are stronger than him. Note though that the word used is Nen-user, and that is a broader term than Hunter. Add to that the fact that there's no canon power tier list released for Nen users that are introduced (as if there ever was a canon power tier list ever launched for a battle manga, but at least the power level differences aren't as well-defined is it is in Dragon Ball or, on a lesser degree, Naruto), and most Nen-users haven't unleashed all their Nen in a fight like Netero did, so people oftentimes take liberties with who's stronger than who.
 
Last edited:

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

This might sound a little random,but does anyone know where i can find the fanmade animation of Pitou's attack on Kaito?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top