Discussion Hunter x Hunter Hangout [00]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onomatopoeia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
308
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

I wouldn't say seinen, but togashi does love to give us a psychological struggle - which is uncommon for a shonen (to me at least).
They've actually had to censor certain parts of the manga because the fact that heads were falling off was to violent. Not sure what chapter this happened but I know it happened a few times. Mostly during the Chimera Arc though their were a few other parts that has some more graphic violence. The Hunter exams is the first thing that comes to mind.

Stil HxH does have certain Shounen Elements, but it could easily become a Seinen with just a little push.
 

Re0n

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 15, 2006
Messages
26
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

They've actually had to censor certain parts of the manga because the fact that heads were falling off was to violent. Not sure what chapter this happened but I know it happened a few times. Mostly during the Chimera Arc though their were a few other parts that has some more graphic violence. The Hunter exams is the first thing that comes to mind.

Stil HxH does have certain Shounen Elements, but it could easily become a Seinen with just a little push.
ah, I see your point, but I was looking at it from a different perspective. I wasn't referring to shonen as a "targeted audience" marker - like M rating for example. I was using it as a genre - shonen manga is generally about a young boy and his adventures. I guess I didn't take the entire meaning of seinin into account as well, I was simply looking from the genre perspective again. Although I do agree it could lean to either one, I feel like it's still on the shonen side, for now at least.
Oh, and don't remind me about the censoring >.>, such a waste...
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Thought I'd mention here,
The previous 10 chapter arc started the first week in October (or around there), and the 10 chapter arc in 2007 started at the same time. The following 10 chapter restart happened the first week of March (2008). For that restart, the announcement appeared in the issue of Shonen Jump from January 31st, this week.

Though he will probably take longer than last year since the time between then and the next 10 chapters was 2 months longer, there's a fairly likely possibility the next 10 chapter arc could be announced any week now, based on the pattern.
 

Re0n

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 15, 2006
Messages
26
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

I just figured they do 10 chapters every 2-3 months. Can't wait to see what happens with Netero/King , as well as Gon/Pituo. Also I'm wondering why knov said that the guards "will be too late", and that the Netero is with the king at the "appointed location". Sounds like someones ability is at work here, maybe its similar to knovs or moruas smoke cage? Though it must be something subtle since the king would have noticed by now (or he's just too bad ass to care?).
 

naruto91

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2007
Messages
388
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

any news about new chapters?
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

再会まだ

No. Jump usually announces it a month in advance. It hasn't been as long as the previous break, in that case it would resume in May. It's been longer than the hiatus before that in which it would've stared in the beginning of March.
The one before that was 20 months which it hasn't been anything close to, but it shouldn't take that long.

It's been 5 months and a week so far.
 

ANBU4U

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
1,072
Reaction score
279
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

再会まだ

No. Jump usually announces it a month in advance. It hasn't been as long as the previous break, in that case it would resume in May. It's been longer than the hiatus before that in which it would've stared in the beginning of March.
The one before that was 20 months which it hasn't been anything close to, but it shouldn't take that long.

It's been 5 months and a week so far.
Or 21 Chapters as I like to call it.
 

naruto91

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2007
Messages
388
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

may and nothing new T_T
 

deppp

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 14, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Aruba
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

yeah,
really sad.......
 

ithurts

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 18, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Nigeria
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Still no news ? :(
is there any info on Togashi state ? (is he in hospital ... dead in worst case ?)
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

It's just a matter of how long it takes him to write the thing. He's not sick or something. It hasn't even said "left due to illness" in years. He just takes forever to write his story.

And there's nothing new really. But it's been longer than the longest hiatus besides the 20 month on. It's been 7 months since the last chapter.
 

ssjohn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2006
Messages
599
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

I am starting to really fall out of love with Hunter x Hunter, and that is really sad, I mean HXH was (IMO) the BEST Jump series for awhile, and then the Ant arc started and all of the breaks and I really feel as if HXH should have just ended with GI :(.

I do hope Togashi will wrap things up soon, only because I think the loyal HXH fans will have forgotten about it by the time the ending actually does come around.

Anyways do you guys think Togashi will wrap up the ant arc in his next stint?
 

TEK

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
98
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Honestly, I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I love this series but due to the lack of chapters, I'm starting to forget about this manga. For the sake of his remaining fans, I do hope he does end it soon as well. Or if he doesn't, I hope he starts to write chapters regularly like he did waaaay back in the day.
 

antlac

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 2, 2009
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

I am starting to really fall out of love with Hunter x Hunter, and that is really sad, I mean HXH was (IMO) the BEST Jump series for awhile, and then the Ant arc started and all of the breaks and I really feel as if HXH should have just ended with GI :(.

I do hope Togashi will wrap things up soon, only because I think the loyal HXH fans will have forgotten about it by the time the ending actually does come around.

Anyways do you guys think Togashi will wrap up the ant arc in his next stint?
I hope so, the only thing that will keep me going on reading it is a new arc with lots of Hyosoka & Kurapika appearing
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

You guys should've been around when people were waiting for 20 months without any news. Everyone just decided the series was over forever for the most part.

The thing is it'll continue eventually and then you'll get into it. It's not like if enough time goes by it'll be less important.
And it probably won't be much longer because it's been about the longest hiatus now since that really long one that Togashi said he was really sorry for and wouldn't do again.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

At this rate, I don't believe anythint what Togashi says, until he decides to continue HunterXHunter and continue until it finishes. He already has enough breaks.
 

Kyuzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2006
Messages
140
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Sooo lame. I'm doubtful that HxH will ever end or have an ending that fans appreciate and the series deserves.
 

kangclaw

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
152
Reaction score
21
Age
56
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

HunterXHunter is one of my favourite manga and the anime, still.

I don't know when the HXH will finish but, I think there is still some distance away.
Example:
Where was the original Ant Queen from? She washed up on a beach, but where is she really from?
There is this mysterious Jirou, who is the Ex-Shadow Don of NGL. I think there is a future story involving Gon.
Then there is the intrigue at the HXH Council.
These are just some of the point of mystery so far.
 
Last edited:

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Why do you care when it will end?
People don't look forward to the end, they hope it never comes. Why are you reading a manga to get to the end? The end is never that interesting, it's the story and developement that are.
 

kangclaw

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
152
Reaction score
21
Age
56
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

I definitely like the story an development, at first I had doubts about the Ant Arc when it began, but eventually it became alright. I don't like it when a good story when it ends.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top