Discussion Hunter x Hunter Hangout [00]

Status
Not open for further replies.

there76

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2012
Messages
176
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

What I don't get is that there are a lot of other shonen series that don't get that heavily censored. Take Fullmetal Alchemist for example, both it and Hunter x Hunter are Viz properties and both are shonen. One of FMA's volumes feature a scene where the top half of a guy's face is smashed, featured in all its glory and with no censoring at all (pretty sure one of the only things Viz censored in FMA was what looked like a guy crucified). That's a lot more violent than those scenes from HxH's volume 23. Even if you argue that HxH belongs to the Shonen Jump Advanced line and that Fullmetal Alchemist belongs to the Viz Media line and that's why there's a difference when it comes to censorship, that doesn't explain why the Japanese version is also censored.
It's probably because the two series are targeting different age groups.
 

SHINOBI-03

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
839
Reaction score
2,420
Age
37
Gender
Male
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Hxh and FMA are owned by different companies, and of course they have different limits. But damn! How does Togashi gets away with most of his stuff? He can delay whenever he wants, doesn't need to finalize the chapter for magazine submission, and he can go brutal to the extreme that they need to actually censor it!
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Hxh and FMA are owned by different companies, and of course they have different limits. But damn! How does Togashi gets away with most of his stuff? He can delay whenever he wants, doesn't need to finalize the chapter for magazine submission, and he can go brutal to the extreme that they need to actually censor it!
He has earned it. Not only that but they know he isn't afraid to walk away if he feels mistreated (he did it with YYH after he got sick of Editor's pressure at the peek of the series popularity too). He makes more money for Shueisha than the majority of other mangaka and he is a highly regarded with numerous awards in his field. He has had an immense effect on the industry itself and is respected more so than just about anyone else on the Jump roster (even Oda). He has been at this for about 25 years, he's earned his place and they aren't gonna mess with him. He is like all writers, a little eccentric and I feel Shueisha understand who he is and what he needs. I commend him for always believing in his own rules and not allowing others to tell him what to do.
 

ContractHunterMEMO

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 2, 2012
Messages
69
Reaction score
73
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Totally agree that Togashi has a privilege when it comes to censorship considering what he's done in the past. HXH volumes in japan most of the time sell like there's no tomorrow, so I think Shueisha's learned their lesson of putting too much pressure on him and just let him do what he does cuss in the end, he brings them a generous amount of $$$
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Hunter x Hunter Figures/Collections/Merchandise

While I wanted to be either Transmutation or Conjuration, I think I might actually be Emission. Emission's pretty cool though so I don't mind xD. Maybe there should be a thread about what Hatsu types we'd like to have and which ones seem to fit us (was thinking about making one a while ago)?
 

joshua019

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2008
Messages
614
Reaction score
91
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

When do you guys think HxH series continues?? There is a movie coming out perhaps Togashi is focusing on that? i mean, we all know that togashi's work capacity is very low writing a manga is probably already too much a stretch for him, so working on a movie simultaneously is practically impossible. In addition, quite hard to think that someone would fall to a slump very quickly after his last few chapter which has great artwork.
 

there76

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2012
Messages
176
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

I am expecting him to announce that he is done with the series, and instead is joining the Olympics as part of the synchronized swimming team.

 

Akia999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
905
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

I am expecting him to announce that he is done with the series, and instead is joining the Olympics as part of the synchronized swimming team.

The end result


He can't exactly swim.
 

joshua019

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2008
Messages
614
Reaction score
91
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

I am expecting him to announce that he is done with the series, and instead is joining the Olympics as part of the synchronized swimming team.

That will be so cool I will get to him here in london this summer ^_^
 

Naruto2011

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2009
Messages
1,725
Reaction score
706
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

i saw this on mangahere...
suppodedly Hunter x hunter 341 will be coming next along with other popular shounen

http://www.mangahere.com/

i dont know if they mean coming next as in their next upcoming manga or what
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Where exactly? Link me to the article because I can't find it. NOW, NAO!
 

hergipotter

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2007
Messages
55
Reaction score
48
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Upper right corner of the page:


I don't think it actually means something although i sure hope HxH will return soon!
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

:P Yea I hope it comes soon anyway. That'd be great.
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Please! let this be true....:scry
 

there76

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2012
Messages
176
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Don't see why they would know.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Cautious Optimism mode activate!
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

:I sigh...yea I have to always tell myself HxH isn't coming back yet. That way I don't get excited till the chapter is actually out.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

I will hold judgement until I see the chapter or I'll die of excitement. And I would have won a bet.
 

there76

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2012
Messages
176
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

I bet you guys that it is not going to happen. We would have heard about it from other sources if 341 was coming out.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Several Edited Manga sites are listing chapter 341 as releasing this week. This will be interesting. Lets keep an eye out guys.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top