Hangout - Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [02] | Page 53 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [02]

mrsticky005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I seriously laughed a lot xD

It's... interesting. I can't ban people anymore, tho.
Thanks.

tbh I just gave you ban powers for plot sake but really...the best part of the story is definitely when I defeated the Nine Nen Giants with my incredible Hatsu!

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
About rihan:

At first i called bullshit on rihan possibly not knowing that a manipulator cannot manipulate someone who is already manipulated. Because: If balsamico knows that, why would he not tell ALL of his soldiers something so fundamental?
If i trained solders in Nen, that would be certainly the one of the first things i mention when talking about the types.

However, it makes a lot of sense to have him not tell Rihan. Rihan's power is focused on guessing as much as possible. The more he guesses, the stronger his ability becomes. Any kind of training, even in theory about Nen, would diminish Rihan's power. So if I gave my soldiers Nentraining, i would exempt rihan except for the very basics and would have him fight a lot of nenusers to get experience without anyone telling him the info.

So it makes sense that balsamico (and probably everybody else in his team) knows that information but rihan does not.

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
About rihan:

At first i called bullshit on rihan possibly not knowing that a manipulator cannot manipulate someone who is already manipulated. Because: If balsamico knows that, why would he not tell ALL of his soldiers something so fundamental?
If i trained solders in Nen, that would be certainly the one of the first things i mention when talking about the types.

However, it makes a lot of sense to have him not tell Rihan. Rihan's power is focused on guessing as much as possible. The more he guesses, the stronger his ability becomes. Any kind of training, even in theory about Nen, would diminish Rihan's power. So if I gave my soldiers Nentraining, i would exempt rihan except for the very basics and would have him fight a lot of nenusers to get experience without anyone telling him the info.

So it makes sense that balsamico (and probably everybody else in his team) knows that information but rihan does not.
Though:

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Oh, that's true. In that case, I assume Balsamico just taught it to the manipulators of his group. He is confident Shikaku knows about it, being a manipulator.

Maybe it is not a thing deemed to be very relevant for nonmanipulators. Wing and Biscuit also never taught it to Gon and Killua.

DDed

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Wake me up if there's an announcement on May

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Wake me up if there's an announcement on May
Haha, I just learned about that tweet. Hopefully it'll be about his return and the release date of the next volume.

Hopefully...

Phaizzy

Reaction score
Country
United States
does anybody else in here love bonelov besides me?
hes in my top 3 fav

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
The never-ending, breath-stealing climax of HiatusxHaitus, will or will not the rumored leaked tweet be about the return of HxH, or something entirely unrelated!

We could postulate for DAYS with entire text walls and graphs, enough to fill the Great Wall of China, on whether it will be about back pain, noodles, video games or perhaps something else entirely, and what the % liklihood of what that something else is, by comparing the previous haitus break period timestamps with Togashi's general behavior, rumored behavior, known psychology, projected aged psychology, which is further broken down into several primary categories including diet, religion, political, and this is assuming we don't compare and evaluate his physical condition and any and all ailments/improvements in a division problem beforehand! IF we do it after the fact, it might well prove a volatile and innacurate summary to evaluate from!!!

Drakrami

Reaction score
Country
Balearic Islands
So.... is there a chance HunterX never comes back? I mean it's been on hiatus since 2018/NOV, it doesnt take 2.5years to release something like 10-15 chapters. Could Hunter just discontinue like this because of Togashi's health or lack of motivation?

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
So.... is there a chance HunterX never comes back? I mean it's been on hiatus since 2018/NOV, it doesnt take 2.5years to release something like 10-15 chapters. Could Hunter just discontinue like this because of Togashi's health or lack of motivation?
Definitely possible since it's the longest one now. Which makes his 384 and 390 comments even stranger (though the "this is going to be long..." bit in the former was accurate in one sense). I know COVID happened (and is still happening), but it just seems like something else happened too.

But yeah, if he's not back this year, best to assume we've joined the Glass Mask/Bastard/Nana/Vagabond club.

Phaizzy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Definitely possible since it's the longest one now. Which makes his 384 and 390 comments even stranger (though the "this is going to be long..." bit in the former was accurate in one sense). I know COVID happened (and is still happening), but it just seems like something else happened too.

But yeah, if he's not back this year, best to assume we've joined the Glass Mask/Bastard/Nana/Vagabond club.
Ehhh...
Sometimes Authors just lose motivation. thats what i think happened

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Ehhh...
Sometimes Authors just lose motivation. thats what i think happened
I never ruled that out as the "something else". Though I think it's more likely to be health-related since he mentioned that specifically in his last comment.

Phaizzy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I never ruled that out as the "something else". Though I think it's more likely to be health-related since he mentioned that specifically in his last comment.
Does he have a long term illness... Because last time i remember he was about to drop chapters then dragon quest came back.
it seems he always have a sickness... but didnt think it was a long term illness..

sometimes i wish authors would answer questions if they dont intend to finish.. like who would win between Hisoka and Illumni. Whats the powers of all zodiacs.. Will Kurapika kill all the troupes and chrollo.... What is Killuas family powers.... That little guy who trained with gon and killua.... is he as strong as them.? What happened to the other ants that escaped.. is kite as strong as he was before? Whats ging and paraiston powers (I know i said zodiacs but i wanted to highlight them two)

He created a manga thats so open world with so many questions that needs answering... but from the outside looking in.... based off those questions alone that would take several years to answer those... not including the dark continent... I dont see this manga ending sadly but atleast give the animators full rights.

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Does he have a long term illness... Because last time i remember he was about to drop chapters then dragon quest came back.
it seems he always have a sickness... but didnt think it was a long term illness..
The DQ memes are memes for a reason, and unfortunately they're used by many to downplay his health issues. But yes, he has had chronic back pain since the early 90s.

Kanmuru

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina

sometimes i wish authors would answer questions if they dont intend to finish.. like who would win between Hisoka and Illumni. Whats the powers of all zodiacs.. Will Kurapika kill all the troupes and chrollo.... What is Killuas family powers.... That little guy who trained with gon and killua.... is he as strong as them.? What happened to the other ants that escaped.. is kite as strong as he was before? Whats ging and paraiston powers (I know i said zodiacs but i wanted to highlight them two)

He created a manga thats so open world with so many questions that needs answering... but from the outside looking in.... based off those questions alone that would take several years to answer those... not including the dark continent... I dont see this manga ending sadly but atleast give the animators full rights.
Dude, you are talking like he owes you something i mean what in the world? This is the longest hiatus but we are in a worldwide pandemic, he is old, he doesn't have to put himself on any sort of risk. The dragon quest thing is a meme. He has back pain issues, which doesn't let him be sitting for a long time and in case you didn't know drawing takes a LOT of sitting time.
The guy gave us one of the best shonen manga EVER, the best arc in shonen history and people have the audacity to complain about him, he's been doing this since before you were born............

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Dude, you are talking like he owes you something i mean what in the world? This is the longest hiatus but we are in a worldwide pandemic, he is old, he doesn't have to put himself on any sort of risk. The dragon quest thing is a meme. He has back pain issues, which doesn't let him be sitting for a long time and in case you didn't know drawing takes a LOT of sitting time.
The guy gave us one of the best shonen manga EVER, the best arc in shonen history and people have the audacity to complain about him, he's been doing this since before you were born............
It is the storyteller's duty to complete his tale, however masterfully, Kanmuru. Phaizzy's complaint and desire for closure is quite legitimate. He desires closure and questions answered that can easily be via a simple Q&A session, or just publishing a fact book or post. Chronic back pain is terrible, but it is not stopping Togashi from revealing what he might have done, should he choose to give up and stop continuing HxH, which he almost assuredly has.

It is likely he just hasn't accepted it yet. Once he officially cancels, all the despicable, foul legalistic traps will likely spring, and he will never be able to go back and finish, even if he were blessed with immortal youth suddenly. But I would guess that is where he is at. So he is left with the hope of maybe, someday. Considering his nature, I would presume Togashi to have an answer to many questions ready for release should something definite occur.

Kanmuru

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
It is the storyteller's duty to complete his tale, however masterfully, Kanmuru. Phaizzy's complaint and desire for closure is quite legitimate. He desires closure and questions answered that can easily be via a simple Q&A session, or just publishing a fact book or post. Chronic back pain is terrible, but it is not stopping Togashi from revealing what he might have done, should he choose to give up and stop continuing HxH, which he almost assuredly has.

It is likely he just hasn't accepted it yet. Once he officially cancels, all the despicable, foul legalistic traps will likely spring, and he will never be able to go back and finish, even if he were blessed with immortal youth suddenly. But I would guess that is where he is at. So he is left with the hope of maybe, someday. Considering his nature, I would presume Togashi to have an answer to many questions ready for release should something definite occur.
We are talking about the guy that gave the middle finger to jump and finished a whole tournament arc in 3 pages as an epilogue (yuyu hakusho ending). He is one of the few people that can even think to do something like this or take as many hiatuses as he wants on jump, other authors get kicked inmediatly for far less. If he was really done with hxh he can finish it in an instant like he already did.

Togashi really wants to finish this one, you can tell by the scope of the current arc and his own words saying this is going to take a while (we can see that togashi XD) and I'm using real info more than speculation like a lot of ppl do here.
I still think he doesn't owe us anything and you guys assume too much.

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China

No matter how much you love HxH, you have no business being this small-minded, entitled or demanding, nor is it sensible to talk about what he should be doing when it is his health and creative property

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
No matter how much you love HxH, you have no business being this small-minded, entitled or demanding, nor is it sensible to talk about what he should be doing when it is his health and creative property
To be fair, people have the right to express what they want from an author, I don't see how that is "demanding" in any way since it doesn't affect the author whatsoever. And what is more, most of these people (aka us fans) have bought the authors' work and supported him throughout the years, so they (we) do have business in it.