Hangout Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [02]

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I'm not so sure. I mean there's already samurai 8 and 3 new others that ready to fill canceled series.
Yeah, but i guess those can wait ten weeks :P
 

ShijimaTheSilentMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2018
Messages
718
Reaction score
1,510
Country
Brazil
I feel like now is a good time to start rereading the latest arc.
Read one chap a day and you will be basically assured to have the manga's return be announced before you finish.
I've read about 3 times this year.
and he did not return.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Togashi must be very committed to the manuscript ... so we can expect a lot of GIANT and explanatory texts.
 

Admiral Teach

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2017
Messages
1,431
Reaction score
2,072
Country
Water Tribe
The longer he's gone.... the longer I feel it will be before he returns. If at all.
 

Admiral Teach

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2017
Messages
1,431
Reaction score
2,072
Country
Water Tribe
If he does not show by end of July, at worst, none. I would personally not expect anything if he does not return by June, but I cannot know that for certain, since there's still have a year. So end of July. If nothing by then, he's not coming back on any kind of schedule. One would have to wonder if maybe there's something wrong with his back or he's playing video games or something.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
He might appear in June

And give 10-20 chapters.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Togashi must be very committed to the manuscript ... so we can expect a lot of GIANT and explanatory texts.
Well, it takes time to plot ahead. Chances are the chaps are done but there needs to be a suitable date for togashi to polish thema nd submit them.
I would assume he already finished the roughdrafts of the complete arc.
 

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
Saw MangAniMY posted this.


As the anime gets further and further away, it only makes sense (barring exceptions like Vol. 34).

I was glad that Togashi put the Troupe on Vol. 36, and the callback to Vol. 12 was great, but I still feel like a Troupe cover that was more eye-catching would have boosted sales somewhat. For example:

It wouldn't have fit as a volume cover obv, but you get the idea.

 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,660
Reaction score
31,921
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail


Manga Wars 2019 are live! Go nominate your favorite manga here!​
 

Kanmuru

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2014
Messages
515
Reaction score
743
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
-.-
 

AnimeFriedChicken

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 2, 2019
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if there is any truth to the rumor Togashi has the next 10 chapters prepared and ready to go?
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Does anyone know if there is any truth to the rumor Togashi has the next 10 chapters prepared and ready to go?
That rumour has, literally, been going around for decades. And like UFO conspiracy theories, I’ve never seen any evidence of it... I have seen evidence of the opposite however, sloppy, unfinished artwork that get fixed up later in the tankoubon.

The story is great, but his work ethic leaves much to be desired.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well, as i said before, Togashi probably has a really good work ethic.

I would be surprised if Togashi wouldnt work most days on HxH, Both writing and Designing is very hard work, especially if you have some health issues.
As a writer myself, i know that i am often incapable of writing just when i don't feel well. Some neck pain can deal a lot of damage, i can only imagine what full blown back issues will do to you when they are chronic.

I can assure you that someone with less than stellar work ethic cannot write as well as togashi does, no matter how much time he has.
 

Admiral Teach

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2017
Messages
1,431
Reaction score
2,072
Country
Water Tribe
It's true, back pain literally renders all physical movement painful, and all lack of movement painful. There is literally NO ESCAPE, and pain killers don't work on me. Don't know about poor Togashi. He probably has chiropractic care, but if that is not helping then OUCH. One if his final villains should be one that causes back pain in the protagonists.:-_- No really, it is not fun.

To think he would work in that condition as well as he does speaks wonders. Though probably the back issue was under control? I don't pretend to know his situation after all. Maybe he will get better if we pray unceasingly? Can't imagine it just going away if he's having serious issues with it. Chronic pain worse pain.
 

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
Does anyone know if there is any truth to the rumor Togashi has the next 10 chapters prepared and ready to go?
That rumour has, literally, been going around for decades. And like UFO conspiracy theories, I’ve never seen any evidence of it... I have seen evidence of the opposite however, sloppy, unfinished artwork that get fixed up later in the tankoubon.

The story is great, but his work ethic leaves much to be desired.
Assuming Viz's translation was accurate (his latest author comment):



Note he just said the storyboards. Also Wowzers, could you post all this unfinished artwork, say, from most recent 10 chapters? I do hope the infamous page from 388 gets some more artwork (which it most likely will).
Well, as i said before, Togashi probably has a really good work ethic.

I would be surprised if Togashi wouldnt work most days on HxH, Both writing and Designing is very hard work, especially if you have some health issues.
As a writer myself, i know that i am often incapable of writing just when i don't feel well. Some neck pain can deal a lot of damage, i can only imagine what full blown back issues will do to you when they are chronic.

I can assure you that someone with less than stellar work ethic cannot write as well as togashi does, no matter how much time he has.
Yup.

"There have been a lot of times when it stops showing up on the pages of Shonen Jump, and I’m sure people are wondering what I’m doing. But just as a comedian doesn’t show up on TV for a while sometimes, he’s still working somewhere else, and I’m working every day."
It's true, back pain literally renders all physical movement painful, and all lack of movement painful. There is literally NO ESCAPE, and pain killers don't work on me. Don't know about poor Togashi. He probably has chiropractic care, but if that is not helping then OUCH. One if his final villains should be one that causes back pain in the protagonists.:-_- No really, it is not fun.

To think he would work in that condition as well as he does speaks wonders. Though probably the back issue was under control? I don't pretend to know his situation after all. Maybe he will get better if we pray unceasingly? Can't imagine it just going away if he's having serious issues with it. Chronic pain worse pain.
Yeah, one of those things he's just constantly struggled with (from volume 6 of Hakusho).

 
Last edited:
Top