I’m calling it now.
We will see a glimpse of Gyro in Meteor City
when the manga makes its return on the 23rd.
It might seem random but such a scene can
do a few things 1. reminder that Gyro exists
2. Show how the Phantom Troupe are wanderers with no place to go back to.
I don’t think Togashi will do much with the
Gyro plot until after the Succession War.
My prediction is that Gyro will somehow
acquire the information that Chimera Ants
came from The Dark Continent and will
then use that information to rally all of
Meteor City to a world revolution.
I also think if Gyro finds out about Don
Freecss then we could see an invasion
of Whale Island even as Gon is “powerless”
I know most people want Gon to get
his jajanken back but I believe Gon’s true power is inspiring others to action.
Gon vs Gyro may be less of a Shonen slugfest
and more a tactics battle between Generals.
Gyro is rational, patient, and underhanded.
Despite wanting to spread evil or whatever
Gyro still has those who basically worship him.
Combine that with the already radical nature
of Meteor City residents and you have an
extremely dangerous paramilitary group.
Gyro is hateful but also wise.
Gon is creative, courageous, and stubborn.
People love Gon and Gon is very loyal.
However Gon is callous to those outside
his inner circle and may not care about
the collateral damage his group causes.
Gon has experience and powerful friends.
The inevitable meeting could end up being
a truce between Gon and Gyro.
It may seem odd for Gon, the Shonen protagonist to not destroy the evil Gyro
but Gon isn’t trying to save the world and
Gyro being rationally minded may decide
Whale Island isn’t worth the trouble.
It would be pretty damn epic if a “powerless”
Gon is facing Gyro who is probably a powerful
nen user and still Gon tells him to scram.
Of course I could be wrong but it just seems like Togashi to have Gyro defeated but still
“get away” and for Gon to not care as long
as his friends and family are ok.
Plus depending on the damage it could give even greater urgency to the Dark Continent
Expedition.