Hangout Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [02]

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm not even sure we'll see Gon again and you're talking about Gyro? Come on.

I think we could see Gyro or at least one of his followers in this arc. That Dark Continent expedition is a big deal, it would be weird if he wasn't interested in it but yes that encounter with Gon isn't happening anytime soon.
Gyro is a rough plan for future plot. just like Maha or Alluka.
If the story need to focus, we will see what happen to him but if not we dont.

for now, I think BW and DC is the ending arc and unnecessary to return to Meteor city or Gyro.

I think we are going to see Gyro again
BEFORE we see Gon again.
That is Gyro will be the catalyst that
puts Gon back into the story and it
makes perfect logical sense. Here is why:


Gyro is in Meteor City which was taken over
by the Chimera Ants. I know the Spiders mercy killed some former residents but
I believe there are much more still left.

Kakin announced to the entire world that
the Dark Continent exists.

Gyro was able to run a large drug operation
on NGL even while maintaining a facade
of a tech free island.

But now Gyro is most likely presumed dead.
I mean he IS dead as a human. However his
malicious will lived on to his reborn ant self.

So while the Ant King was very strong his one
“weakness” was he did not know who he was
whereas Gyro NEVER forgot and likely CAN’T.

While the story was focused on Mereum
Gyro has been in the background rebuilding.

Welfin showed us that although Gyro is said to be evil he is still extremely charismatic and does not simply rule through fear.

Therefore Gyro already having an extensive operation on Meteor City is very likely.
Gyro knows about the Dark Continent.

Why does that matter?

Simple. Because the Chimera Ants which destroyed NGL and wrecked Meteor City
came from the dark continent.
Even if Gyro does not know that fact if he knows the dark continent exists then
it’s logical to assume that is where the ants
came from. Therefore Gyro knows the
ants came from the dark continent and that
such information had been suppressed.

Armed with such information and his
malicious will what would Gyro do?

Well if you want to spread evil around the world you would tell all the residents and
stir them up towards a world revolution.

Meteor City residents are extremely radical already. But imagine how they would feel if the Chimera Ants who destroyed the only home they ever knew were from a secret world.

Of course they are going to be livid.

And Gyro is exactly the worst person to have on the worst island at the worst time.

If you thought Mereum was a problem...
Gyro is going to really shake things up.

Either Gyro or the residents of Meteor City
are going to be interested in exploring the
Dark Continent. I mean it would not be a
stretch for them to believe a cure for their condition is over there.

If Gyro finds out about Don Freecss
and the book he wrote where would
Gyro go (or rather send invaders to go)?

The answer is Whale Island

And that will be how Gon comes back.

Now I am NOT saying all of this will happen
next chapter. This will obviously take a while
however I do believe once the Dark Continent
Expedition team is on the New Continent
we are going to see the Gyro plot ramp up.

Therefore I believe we will see Gyro again
very soon possibly next chapter.

I am expecting we will have four interconnected plots

1. The actual dark continent expedition

2. New Continent

I believe the black whale will sink and
the survivors will BARELY reach even the
New Continent. Lots of people will need
serious medical care

3. Gyro’s revolution and inevitably
the invasion of Whale Island

Of course Gon will defend his home

4. and maybe Killua and Alluka.

Although they may not show up til the
last moment and it’s possible Alluka
will fix everything but at the cost of
“Something” returning to the Dark Continent.

I believe at the end of HxH the world will
think the dark continent was just a myth
if they even know about it at all.
 

ShadowHeart

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2010
Messages
6,216
Reaction score
3,040
Age
34
Country
England
So these batch of chapters will be Spiders, Mafia and probably Hisoka related. I want to see Morena kill a prince and reach lvl 100 curious what will happen with her. We know her subordinates will be able to form their own community when they reach lvl 100 but Morena already capable of that.
 

ShadowHeart

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2010
Messages
6,216
Reaction score
3,040
Age
34
Country
England
So time to guess the colour page. Spiders would be awesome.
 

ShijimaTheSilentMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2018
Messages
718
Reaction score
1,510
Country
Brazil
Oh hxh will get a promo video :zomg


If it's to be released, I really hope they won't just focus on the two of them even though they had more time than Kurapaika and Leorio.

I can even see that they will start asking when the anime comes back again.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So time to guess the colour page. Spiders would be awesome.
For me it could be Kurapaika, Woble and Queen 8.
 

AyaEVE

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2022
Messages
22
Reaction score
20
Country
Thailand
we got many colored of Kurapica on vol 33-35
now I think it could be the Prince or Spider.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,370
Gender
Male
Country
France
I don't think the color page could be about supporting characters like the Spiders when it's supposed to be something to celebrate its return.
 

ShadowHeart

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2010
Messages
6,216
Reaction score
3,040
Age
34
Country
England
I don't think the color page could be about supporting characters like the Spiders when it's supposed to be something to celebrate its return.
Well the Spiders are super popular characters.
 

Ebrietas-

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2019
Messages
399
Reaction score
705
Country
Turkey
I don't think the color page could be about supporting characters like the Spiders when it's supposed to be something to celebrate its return.
Color pages can be about anything Togashi wants
 

AyaEVE

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2022
Messages
22
Reaction score
20
Country
Thailand
I don't think the color page could be about supporting characters like the Spiders when it's supposed to be something to celebrate its return.
We got Beyond Netero once in ch 341
 

Ebrietas-

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2019
Messages
399
Reaction score
705
Country
Turkey
It doesn't make a PT color page more likely.
Any color page of HxH is to celebrate its return. How is spiders being on the cover any less likely than when Beyond was on the cover when it returned in 2014?? Or when Netero and Pouf were on the cover in 2011 return??
 

Epic_Rider

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2009
Messages
1,698
Reaction score
1,832
Gender
Male
Country
Jamaica
It doesn't make a PT color page more likely.
It's more likely than most things. I mean it's either that or the princes, the mafia dons or Kurapika imo.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
My prediction is that the color page will feature Leorio.
 

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
If he gives the color page to Morena too, we'll know he's really obsessed with her lol.
 
Top