Anime HxH G I Final Episode 11

mysticalone

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 11, 2008
Messages
10
Reaction score
2
Age
19
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I was curious about some of the words Gon says near the end of the episode. I tried looking them up but I can't get a translation for them so I must not be understanding him right.

Around 19:25 he says zen zen... ore wa maitenai . of course the subtitles are there, so it says No Way, I'm not giving up yet.


sooo... what is he saying?
 

Yuki-Onna

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 27, 2010
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm guessing you don't understand the English translation?

Gon is telling Gensuru that he wont quit fighting him yet.
 

Syphilias

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2009
Messages
93
Reaction score
13
Age
38
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
<zen zen> means "nothing, nada, zilch"


the <te> in <maite> is probably <手> for "hand"

maybe... maybe he said <maEte> and meant <前手> ???

maybe.....


sort of like "I will not play a hand in this at all!"
 
Last edited:

konfuzed

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 3, 2009
Messages
39
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
zenzen is 全然, it can mean "completely" or "not at all" depending on the verb it's paired with

ore wa is 俺は, it just means "I"

The maitenai part is actually maittenai (notice the extra t) 参ってない. It's the negative form of to be defeated, die, etc.

So he's saying 全然俺は参ってない, which means something like "I definitely will not lose!"
 
Top