Info HxH News! 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBoss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 21, 2012
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
1,281
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well if he actually had helped more with the movie, then he'd have a good excuse xD
Well I'm sure that he at least wont abandon us like he did with YuYuHakusho fans :derp
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Its funny though because wasn't this supposed to be a " brief hiatus " :blink
Who said that?

People expected it to be a brief hiatus, but nobody from Jump did ever said it.
 

The Invertroid

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2012
Messages
236
Reaction score
136
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Technically, didn't that Kurapika manga special Togashi did back in, what was it? December? count as being "off" hiatus?
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Who said that?

People expected it to be a brief hiatus, but nobody from Jump did ever said it.
aIt was in the 'going on hiatus' message if I recall correctly, several sites reported it as brief and I think that the Kurpika chapters count as coming back from hiatus.
 

exacta

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 23, 2009
Messages
2,709
Reaction score
1,323
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Anyone have an idea as to the reason for this hiatus? I fear for the anime.....it's IMO probably the best anime going on right now but if Togashi continues like this I'm worried what will happen. Greed Island is going to end in like 8 episodes.....
 

Akia999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
905
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
^
Sickness? Nobody really know the reason why.No fear,there is still two more arc.And the arc after greed island is really long.
I guess the kurapika one-shot can be considered as being off hiatus.This give Togashi a reason to take a longer break...
 

TheBoss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 21, 2012
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
1,281
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
^
Sickness? Nobody really know the reason why.No fear,there is still two more arc.And the arc after greed island is really long.
I guess the kurapika one-shot can be considered as being off hiatus.This give Togashi a reason to take a longer break...
Actually this whole sickness thing is just a rumor, there's no one that verified that togashi really has a disease, and if he does what disease he has.
Well It could be lots of stuff... DQ jokes aside, the most real motive for the hiatus are the volume remakes that he does. This hiatus wont probably take much longer, for who waited 1 year, just 2 or 3 months are nothing ^^
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Togashi did go on hiatus once due to illness. He has said many times though that he works at his own pace, simple as that. He will work on HxH when he feels, simple as that.
 

The Invertroid

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2012
Messages
236
Reaction score
136
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think we all need to understand how much work it takes to draw manga. I've been trying to draw my own comic for some time, and I can barely manage finishing a single page per week at my current pace. Of course, I'm also full-time student at a University and drawing is just one of a number of my hobbies I do in my free time, so I guess the comparision is far from perfect.
 

Phantron

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 2, 2011
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
797
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Every time there's a hiatus there's a rumor that he's got a disease of some sorts. I don't think Shonen Jump discloses that kind of stuff (reason for hiatus) unless it turns out to be life threatening (so you know they probably won't be coming back).

Drawing manga isn't hard if you've the resources Togashi has. Yes he has no assistants but that's his problem, not to mention the time HXH has been on hiatus far exceeds any reasons related to the pace of the work. Unlike the major hiatus during the Ant arc, at this point I don't see a particular plot issue. It was difficult to resolve how Meryem is supposed to be defeated but right now you can definitely wing it for a while on the new Dark Continent arc, and anything involving Kurapika would be fairly predictable too.
 

zzigg

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2012
Messages
502
Reaction score
278
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
perhaps Togashi-sensei is going to be writing directly for the anime, while the manga stays on hiatus. That would be highly unusual and I suppose it’s unlikely, but given his legendary deadlines issues perhaps only having to worry about writing has some appeal. It could be almost anything I suppose – a time-slot change for the reportedly very dark and violent “Chimaera” Arc, an anime-original season paired with an end to the manga hiatus, giving the manga time to build up a big lead again – who knows? In any event we’ll find out in a few days.
 

GingFuriksu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2012
Messages
409
Reaction score
217
Gender
Male
Country
United States
perhaps Togashi-sensei is going to be writing directly for the anime, while the manga stays on hiatus. That would be highly unusual and I suppose it’s unlikely, but given his legendary deadlines issues perhaps only having to worry about writing has some appeal. It could be almost anything I suppose – a time-slot change for the reportedly very dark and violent “Chimaera” Arc, an anime-original season paired with an end to the manga hiatus, giving the manga time to build up a big lead again – who knows? In any event we’ll find out in a few days.
I've thought of this before actually. I don't know how to feel about that, have mixed feelings.
 

Keirin

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
84
Reaction score
37
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Finland
Maybe the announcement is just something like ''Ooohhhh! The shocking plot of the 2nd movie!'' Or news about the next arc. I hope it's not going to be the end of the manga. Filler maybe. Actually I might like it :)
 

TheBoss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 21, 2012
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
1,281
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Maybe the announcement is just something like ''Ooohhhh! The shocking plot of the 2nd movie!'' Or news about the next arc. I hope it's not going to be the end of the manga. Filler maybe. Actually I might like it :)
End of the manga? Only if togashi is dead or crazy. Why he would give us a whole new plot and characters just to throw them off? He will at least finish this dark continent arc.
Otherwise I can see some Japanese people getting really mad xD
 

DraMas26

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2012
Messages
313
Reaction score
219
Gender
Hidden
Country
Albania
Nah. Togashi finishing HxH with the anime instead of the manga.
That would be unlike him. I mean isn't the reason he doesn't hire any assisstants because he wants to do everything himself?

I doubt he would write anime filler either. I mean he takes so much time writing cannon why would he bother with filler?
 

GingFuriksu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2012
Messages
409
Reaction score
217
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That would be unlike him. I mean isn't the reason he doesn't hire any assisstants because he wants to do everything himself?

I doubt he would write anime filler either. I mean he takes so much time writing cannon why would he bother with filler?
With his constant hiatus' and HxH looking like its only half way done... he might die before the manga is even over. The Dark Continent arc looks like its going to be a long arc, like the Ant arc. And there are supposedly one-two more arcs after the Dark Continent
 

leokiko

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2012
Messages
64
Reaction score
23
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
^HYPE!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top