Help I need help with this sentence

al245

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 27, 2013
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
そうなんスよ....
that one said "accident"
弟の宿題らしいんスけど。。。
泣きつかれちゃって
this one said "My little brother's homework"
like begging for help
I have little trouble with it can you help me out? thanks
 

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
そうなんスよ....
that one said "accident"
弟の宿題らしいんスけど。。。
泣きつかれちゃって
this one said "My little brother's homework"
like begging for help
I have little trouble with it can you help me out? thanks
...Can you elaborate what you mean by "accident" in the first one though? I can't seem to connect...(and really need context for that one as well...-_-")

Second one..."This seems to be my brother's homework... // but he begged for me to help out" (assuming that his brother is the one asking him...The sentence is actually written in passive voice, but I think "I was begged by him" sounds very awkward..."I was asked to help him" will be OK, as well...)

Minus context, so don't take my translation for it though. ._."
 
Last edited:

Miihoo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 1, 2013
Messages
12
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
England
I think the passive in this sentence is the "suffering passive", which is a hard nuance to get across in English, so I think that's fine.

Yeah, would love to help out, but as Ju-da-su said, it's a bit hard without context.
 

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
そうなんスよ.... =その通りだ (= あなたの言う通りだ) 
Just translate the phrase literally.
 
Top