I should have gone to Shiratorizawa. | Page 32 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

I should have gone to Shiratorizawa.

Tippy toes

• Slap mosquitoes

• Touch da nose

• I'd like a pause

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
You love the beach too? Glad to hear that Lambs! :zomg

This beach so far it's pretty chill, there are people but they're families coming with their kids to have a nice time it seems. I used to go to a different beach near here that it's full of tourist who love parties so it's always noisy; glad I found this one.

Remembering now when I went to the beach in Barcelona, it was Winter but it seemed very pretty already, wish I can try the sea there someday o/.
Ironically, best beaches are those that only a few know, once it becomes swarmed with tourists it loses half of its peaceful nature.

As for the beach here, I would say the ones bordering the Mediterranean sea aren't as good as the ones by the Atlantic. Gaditan beaches (Cadiz) or in the Canary Islands... those are fantastic :hearts
They are still pretty here in Malaga, also warm thanks to the water courses, but they dont compare to the white dunes and turquoise colored water of the ocean.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Yeah, the adaption is generally thought of as pretty okay as far as I heard, but you can't deny the art is pretty bad, especially in the first season. Pretty sure they could give this a much better adaptation in terms of animation and OST, but I dunno if they're really going for a remake bc it would need to be quite long to properly adapt everything. More crazy Higu chars are always welcome though :3

What do you find harder about Umi? It's true that its storytelling and the themes it wants to convey are much more complex, but that's also part of the charm. Higu pretty much tells you everything you need to know, while Umi leaves you alone with your imagination and ability to connect the dots. I remember @syx had a huuuuge chart with hints and whatnot when he read the VN :XD The manga on the other hand is much more forgiving though, you'll figure out everything eventually :nod
You pretty much resumed why Umi is harder for me :XD but it's "harder" in the good way (:hurr) also darker, but I find myself finding some characters more likeable. Tbh I promised Magu that I will catch up with Umineko soon, I want to understand all the crossovers with Higu. :Haha
What I'm really curious too is how the openings and endings of this remake will go, since I love the classic ones a lot (especially the first one and "Naraku no Hana"), I always loved Higurashi's soundtrack, hope they keep up with it in the new one.

Also how are you liking the new Haikyuu chaps revo?
I literally had to check again if it was Shimizu because I couldn't believe it :XD I always shipped her with Yacchan (don't kill me), but Tanaka's scenes with her were always sweet, sad we didn't get some hints before but I'm alright with it.
The comedy was great as always, Bokuto lmao. I can't believe we're getting Hinata vs Kageyama, I'm very hyped, can't wait about it. :zomg
@GrySun are you following the manga too?
Ironically, best beaches are those that only a few know, once it becomes swarmed with tourists it loses half of its peaceful nature.

As for the beach here, I would say the ones bordering the Mediterranean sea aren't as good as the ones by the Atlantic. Gaditan beaches (Cadiz) or in the Canary Islands... those are fantastic :hearts
They are still pretty here in Malaga, also warm thanks to the water courses, but they dont compare to the white dunes and turquoise colored water of the ocean.
Agreed, when it gets full of people and party it gets kinda bad. :sweat

Looked for pics of the beaches you mentioned, they look stunning :zomg Did you visit some of these?
Speaking of Málaga, it's in my list of cities to go when I come back to Spain next year, I will visit the beach there if it's so good o/.

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
No, but possibly after I finish the 3rd season depending on how it is.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
The Umineko manga is so good, never can thank Magi enough for showing it to me, I think you will like it a lot but it requires a slow and attentive read, dont miss a single detail.
The VN is most probably better tho never got to it.

Agreed, when it gets full of people and party it gets kinda bad. :sweat

Looked for pics of the beaches you mentioned, they look stunning :zomg Did you visit some of these?
Speaking of Málaga, it's in my list of cities to go when I come back to Spain next year, I will visit the beach there if it's so good o/.
When you are relaxing on the towel taking some nice sunlight and three noisy families with kids put their parasols beside you... "Peace is such a ephemeral thing" :emobirb

I've been to many of those beaches because I have family there in the Canary Islands. :awe
Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura and Lanzarote were my favourite islands, beautiful scenery and relaxing place for vacation. Its fairly easy to see famous people there, not a bad alternative for el Caribe :nod

Cadiz I visit it almost every year only for the beach they have :XD Watching the sunset there mojito in hand is so special. I think I posted a photo of that beach in the Win thread once, will try to find it so you can see it o/

Also nice that you are visiting Malaga next year! It has a city and towns with so many things to offer. You should definitely go down and visit the Costa del Sol: Fuengirola and Marbella :amuse
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Found it!
Sunset, high tide

After the sunset, low tide

I love that lake effect, its so beautiful.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
The Umineko manga is so good, never can thank Magi enough for showing it to me, I think you will like it a lot but it requires a slow and attentive read, dont miss a single detail.
The VN is most probably better tho never got to it.
Nice that you know it too!! For a long time I was convinced your username came from Lambda, Magi kinda made me believe it too. :Haha
I'm trying to finally finish it, the manga really grows better and better.
When you are relaxing on the towel taking some nice sunlight and three noisy families with kids put their parasols beside you... "Peace is such a ephemeral thing" :emobirb
Exactly, the weekends were the worst, the beach became popular and the sea was full of people :emocat though I don't have much of a problem with it, it's when people put music loud and there start to be party in the middle of the day.
I've been to many of those beaches because I have family there in the Canary Islands. :awe
Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura and Lanzarote were my favourite islands, beautiful scenery and relaxing place for vacation. Its fairly easy to see famous people there, not a bad alternative for el Caribe :nod

Cadiz I visit it almost every year only for the beach they have :XD Watching the sunset there mojito in hand is so special. I think I posted a photo of that beach in the Win thread once, will try to find it so you can see it o/
Found it!
undefined
You took there photos Lambu? They look stunning :wtf Pretty romantic too.

Now I want to try that place more than anything, when I went to Barcelona people told me they had the best beaches and that I should come back there in summer (traveled when you guys were in winter), but I may save the money for Cádiz (the cirty looks great to explore too).

I went to explore another unpopular city before leaving Brasil, had to climb a mountain-like to get in there and it took like two hours but it was worth it! though it started a big storm for a moment o/
The road to get there was far harder and lonely than the other pics I posted, felt really fairy tale-style, very pretty and scary sometimes.

By the way Lambs did you see about the anime adaptation for Fumetsu? :zomg

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Nice that you know it too!! For a long time I was convinced your username came from Lambda, Magi kinda made me believe it too. :Haha
I'm trying to finally finish it, the manga really grows better and better.
That Magi :XD Well its true I had a Lambda avi for some time heh

You took there photos Lambu? They look stunning :wtf Pretty romantic too.

Now I want to try that place more than anything, when I went to Barcelona people told me they had the best beaches and that I should come back there in summer (traveled when you guys were in winter), but I may save the money for Cádiz (the cirty looks great to explore too).

I went to explore another unpopular city before leaving Brasil, had to climb a mountain-like to get in there and it took like two hours but it was worth it! though it started a big storm for a moment o/
The road to get there was far harder and lonely than the other pics I posted, felt really fairy tale-style, very pretty and scary sometimes.

Yes, I took them myself a year and a half ago :amuse

The beach in Barcelona is pretty good, it has nothing on Valencia and Malaga, but Cadiz bordering the Atlantic has an extra that I have to acknowledge. A nice touristic route would be bordering the Costa del Sol, pass through Tarifa and end up in Los Caños. o/

That place in those photos is Brazil right? Beautiful scenery, that road looks like taken out of a Tolkien book :lambirb that cape at the end also gives a very natural look, you are visiting some awesome places!

By the way Lambs did you see about the anime adaptation for Fumetsu? :zomg
I did :zomg I think some people here might like the news, I wish the manga had the promotion it deserves.
Did you know that its first part just ended? Its a good time to catch up on the series.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
That Magi :XD Well its true I had a Lambda avi for some time heh
Hahahah the character is awesome though, probably becoming my most favorite.
Yes, I took them myself a year and a half ago :amuse

The beach in Barcelona is pretty good, it has nothing on Valencia and Malaga, but Cadiz bordering the Atlantic has an extra that I have to acknowledge. A nice touristic route would be bordering the Costa del Sol, pass through Tarifa and end up in Los Caños. o/
You convinces me with the route. :blush
When I went to travel to Spain two years ago I had in mind to go to Malaga too, couldn't make it in the end but still looked at photos and I loved how it looks on summer (Spain in general tbh, do you have a preference betwenn summer/winter? I liked Sevilla the most and wondered how it would be in the middle of the hot).
That place in those photos is Brazil right? Beautiful scenery, that road looks like taken out of a Tolkien book :lambirb that cape at the end also gives a very natural look, you are visiting some awesome places!
Thank you! Yeah, it's in the south of Brasil o/
Right? The road gave me old fantasy books vibes. That was a very old beach too, that people barely goes, it has been the same for lots of years which is pretty nice.
I did :zomg I think some people here might like the news, I wish the manga had the promotion it deserves.
Did you know that its first part just ended? Its a good time to catch up on the series.
I wish that too, I knew because a friend told be and I didn't see an announcement anywere, glad that in the end it's indeed true. I was always sure if it ever got an adaptation it was going to be a movie, but a series is even better (hope it has 24 episodes). The Koe no Katachi movie had a great animation, I hope Fumetsu gets the same.

I heard it ended, still have to catch up with it o/ surprised there that there will be more parts, but I can't wait for the sequel.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
When I went to travel to Spain two years ago I had in mind to go to Malaga too, couldn't make it in the end but still looked at photos and I loved how it looks on summer (Spain in general tbh, do you have a preference betwenn summer/winter? I liked Sevilla the most and wondered how it would be in the middle of the hot).
Ahh you should come to Malaga in summer indeed, its when it shines the most! If you want to avoid the sea of tourists then early September is a good moment, August has the most activity tho.

Sevilla is magnificent, theres so much to see and experience, specially when La Feria comes, great ambience :XD just be careful if you visit around July-August unless you can handle extreme heat, there's +40°C in the shadows.

If you are aiming for top gastronomy Extremadura is another good choice btw, but maybe Im giving you way too many options :p

I wish that too, I knew because a friend told be and I didn't see an announcement anywere, glad that in the end it's indeed true. I was always sure if it ever got an adaptation it was going to be a movie, but a series is even better (hope it has 24 episodes). The Koe no Katachi movie had a great animation, I hope Fumetsu gets the same.

I heard it ended, still have to catch up with it o/ surprised there that there will be more parts, but I can't wait for the sequel.
Yeah I saw the designs for the anime around the web, they look quite faithful to the art in the manga.

I hope it gets good animation and brings attention, its such an unique story. \o/
I wont say anything about my impressions on Part 1 till you catch up then!

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Ahh you should come to Malaga in summer indeed, its when it shines the most! If you want to avoid the sea of tourists then early September is a good moment, August has the most activity tho.
Nice to hear that! :zomg I was thinking going back in June-July (here we have Winter holidays so it's a nice free time to leave), how is it there in these months?
Sevilla is magnificent, theres so much to see and experience, specially when La Feria comes, great ambience :XD just be careful if you visit around July-August unless you can handle extreme heat, there's +40°C in the shadows.
If there'a a feria then it makes it all better! o/ Last city I went was Barcelona and there was the Carnaval, it made everything prettier and I loved seeing it. There was a day I followed a big group of people that went through the barrio Gótico and it was great, they even offered me hot chocolate lmao, sadly it started to rain and it ended soon.
If you are aiming for top gastronomy Extremadura is another good choice btw, but maybe Im giving you way too many options :p
Hahahaha I remember eating tapas de tortilla or paella all the time and it was the greates thing in the world for me.

Yeah I saw the designs for the anime around the web, they look quite faithful to the art in the manga.

I hope it gets good animation and brings attention, its such an unique story. \o/
I wont say anything about my impressions on Part 1 till you catch up then!
The animation looks dope! Can't believe it will have more than one episode, can't wait to hear Fushi's VA too.
I'm sure it will bring a lot of attention, stories like this one are pretty loved in the anime community when they're animated, the fandom is little right now but I'm sure it will grow, hope to see more fanarts when that happens. :blush

I'm about to finish the manga, will give you my thoughts when I do. o/

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Nice to hear that! :zomg I was thinking going back in June-July (here we have Winter holidays so it's a nice free time to leave), how is it there in these months?

If there'a a feria then it makes it all better! o/ Last city I went was Barcelona and there was the Carnaval, it made everything prettier and I loved seeing it. There was a day I followed a big group of people that went through the barrio Gótico and it was great, they even offered me hot chocolate lmao, sadly it started to rain and it ended soon.
There's some heat, but bearable thanks to the sea. Its quite nice, there's a lot of tourism and the "espetos" season would be just starting, really good time to eat fish. :amuse
July is also the time of the year in which there's more music festivals while the big event "Feria de Malaga" usually happens in August.

Hahahaha I remember eating tapas de tortilla or paella all the time and it was the greates thing in the world for me.
:lmao You have to try good jamon iberico and pescaito, Im not a big fan of cheese but there's pretty good brands here too, many things to try!

The animation looks dope! Can't believe it will have more than one episode, can't wait to hear Fushi's VA too.
I'm sure it will bring a lot of attention, stories like this one are pretty loved in the anime community when they're animated, the fandom is little right now but I'm sure it will grow, hope to see more fanarts when that happens. :blush
I hope so too, I believe the anime will expand the fandom whether its good or not, which will attract more attention from online artists aswell :awe

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Some Bojack fanarts 'cause I miss the show already. I can't believe it ended :emocat
(credit goes to the artists)

You said that it's an amazing series. Well, going into the show for a bit, I wanna ask who were your favorite characters are overall, as well as your favorite season and moments. There's also something I think about. Do you personally see Bojack, the main character, as a good person or just a jerk who gets away with so much crap? And do you think he can change for the better?

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
There's some heat, but bearable thanks to the sea. Its quite nice, there's a lot of tourism and the "espetos" season would be just starting, really good time to eat fish. :amuse
July is also the time of the year in which there's more music festivals while the big event "Feria de Malaga" usually happens in August.
July would be settled then, I love when going to a town and they're having their own festivals, especially music ones :blush (here we have mostly "peñas folkloricas").
:lmao You have to try good jamon iberico and pescaito, Im not a big fan of cheese but there's pretty good brands here too, many things to try!
They look so good! :zomg In Sevilla I went to eat mostly to the same place every night and they had all type of tapas, wanted to try everything but it was too much :Haha it was a great place.
I hope so too, I believe the anime will expand the fandom whether its good or not, which will attract more attention from online artists aswell :awe
It definetly will :nod that kinda happened with Koe no Katachi (the manga didn't get that much attention), also I hope Fushi gets the love as protaginst he deserves, he's becoming one of my favorites.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Some Bojack fanarts 'cause I miss the show already. I can't believe it ended :emocat
(credit goes to the artists)

undefined
Hey Elu-chi! Thanks for the fanarts :zomg
I have collected quite many too, but will save them to spam in your thread.
You said that it's an amazing series. Well, going into the show for a bit, I wanna ask who were your favorite characters are overall, as well as your favorite season and moments.
The series really grew to me, season 1 & 2 were pretty good and I really liked it at the time but the show wasn't between my favorites honestly. I think the show probably settled more on what it was from season 3, I wasn't really used to see characters grow and change in the way BH did, especially when everything is developed in a "famous stars in Hollywood" world.

As for favorites well, Todd is the ultimate one, one of the funniest but also gave the best developments to me, he had some of the best emotional/tpuching moments too. Then Princess Carolyn was always a second close favorite but Diane grew so much to me, I really love her character as much as I do with Todd, she was so hated in the fandom for some time too I wanted to give her chance as well :sweatdrop and it worked.
Special mention to Gina, Kelsey, Margo and of course Vincent Adultman.

Speaking of characters, as much as I like Mr. Peanutbutter I feel that the storyline of him developing from his need of being married/in a relationship was pretty rushed, they could've take care of it in earlier episodes.

What about yours?

All seasons had their ups and down while still being pretty amazing, still season 3 & 5 are the ones I like the most, with everything they handled and the way they did, comedy was pretty lit too, and yours? Season 4 is another close one too.

As for moments:

• Herb last time with Bojack before dying is forever my favorite moment of the show, it still shockes me.
  • The "I need you to tell me I'm a good person".
  • That scene between Mr. and Bojack in S2E8 in his tv show, when Mr. tells Bojack he knows he kissed Diane (very underrated moment tbh).
  • When Bojack finds Kelsey at the end of the underwater episode.
  • "It's you".
  • Honey Sugarman "I have half a mind".
  • Beatrice's backstory in general but mostly the final scene with her fater.
  • The latest episode 15 of final season.

And...that's for the serious moments, if you ask me for my favorite comedy moments I will take a bit more xD.

Do you personally see Bojack, the main character, as a good person or just a jerk who gets away with so much crap? And do you think he can change for the better?
This is the thing I can never give myself an exact answer. If this last part of the season didn't happen, counting the first part where he finds what he wants to be and starts to be soft with other people (that one episode of him visiting a depressed Diane at Chicago and helping her was great), and forgiving himself; I would say he's an insecure good guy who takes shit choices and he just needs to get over his past.

But... after this latest reveal that he waited 17 minutes to call for help for Sarah Lynn and that she actually died at the hospital plus some things the show made us reflect about how relally he ruined some woman's lifes, makes me think that he's truly fucked up and that all things about making him a ""good person"" is just him having good intentions but being too scared to acually make good actions. I sound very harsh on him and maybe I'm being, but with this I do believe that he can and is changing for the better, after all what his character needed the most was facing the true consquences that he honestly deserved (ruining big part of his reputation, going to jail and losing his most precious relationship with Hollyhook).

Basically to me he isn't the most evil person out there but neither a good one. Don't know if you will agree xD.

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
First things first, love the Weiss set. She is one of the best RWBY girls :swoon
Hey Elu-chi! Thanks for the fanarts :zomg
I have collected quite many too, but will save them to spam in your thread.

The series really grew to me, season 1 & 2 were pretty good and I really liked it at the time but the show wasn't between my favorites honestly. I think the show probably settled more on what it was from season 3, I wasn't really used to see characters grow and change in the way BH did, especially when everything is developed in a "famous stars in Hollywood" world.

As for favorites well, Todd is the ultimate one, one of the funniest but also gave the best developments to me, he had some of the best emotional/tpuching moments too. Then Princess Carolyn was always a second close favorite but Diane grew so much to me, I really love her character as much as I do with Todd, she was so hated in the fandom for some time too I wanted to give her chance as well :sweatdrop and it worked.
Special mention to Gina, Kelsey, Margo and of course Vincent Adultman.

Speaking of characters, as much as I like Mr. Peanutbutter I feel that the storyline of him developing from his need of being married/in a relationship was pretty rushed, they could've take care of it in earlier episodes.

What about yours?

All seasons had their ups and down while still being pretty amazing, still season 3 & 5 are the ones I like the most, with everything they handled and the way they did, comedy was pretty lit too, and yours? Season 4 is another close one too.

As for moments:

• Herb last time with Bojack before dying is forever my favorite moment of the show, it still shockes me.
  • The "I need you to tell me I'm a good person".
  • That scene between Mr. and Bojack in S2E8 in his tv show, when Mr. tells Bojack he knows he kissed Diane (very underrated moment tbh).
  • When Bojack finds Kelsey at the end of the underwater episode.
  • "It's you".
  • Honey Sugarman "I have half a mind".
  • Beatrice's backstory in general but mostly the final scene with her fater.
  • The latest episode 15 of final season.

And...that's for the serious moments, if you ask me for my favorite comedy moments I will take a bit more xD.

This is the thing I can never give myself an exact answer. If this last part of the season didn't happen, counting the first part where he finds what he wants to be and starts to be soft with other people (that one episode of him visiting a depressed Diane at Chicago and helping her was great), and forgiving himself; I would say he's an insecure good guy who takes shit choices and he just needs to get over his past.

But... after this latest reveal that he waited 17 minutes to call for help for Sarah Lynn and that she actually died at the hospital plus some things the show made us reflect about how relally he ruined some woman's lifes, makes me think that he's truly fucked up and that all things about making him a ""good person"" is just him having good intentions but being too scared to acually make good actions. I sound very harsh on him and maybe I'm being, but with this I do believe that he can and is changing for the better, after all what his character needed the most was facing the true consquences that he honestly deserved (ruining big part of his reputation, going to jail and losing his most precious relationship with Hollyhook).

Basically to me he isn't the most evil person out there but neither a good one. Don't know if you will agree xD.
I'm excited about that fanart spam. If you find enough, please send them! :x3

Bojack Horseman was special to me. I knew about it back in season 3. But before that, I heard absolutely nothing from it and not going to associate with it even if I did know. I was quite indifferent towards adult animation because everything that were in it were almost always comedy. There were exceptions, but they are just that. Bojack opened my eyes, made me appreciate the genre and noticed that there were even good adult cartoons, whether they are in tv or movies. The show itself, I follow more than shows that I like and I'm glad that I did. It's definitely the best animated show I've seen, alongside shows like Avatar, Gravity Falls and OTGW.

Bojack, the great MC, is obviously my personal favorite. But going over him for now, the others were Mr. Peanutbutter, Diane, Herb and Sarah Lynn. Favorite season was season 5, followed by season 4.

I have a lot of favorite moments. From Bojack's whole Free Churro speech, to Herb's response to Bojack after apologizing. But one underrated moment was Mr. Peanutbutter during season 2 with his let's get real speech. It made me from liking the dog to loving him, even if I do agree with you that his arc was rushed by the end of the series. And it's fine about the comedy moments. As much as there are good drama moments, there's also a lot of funny ones too. So it's also hard to pick the best XD

And last, Good points there. I can agree with you. For me, Bojack has never been the type who puts others first over himself. There were few moments where he does, but most of the time, it's really not. So, he's hard to redeem himself with all of the crappy things that he did. Even by the end, we can't say that he'll go back to his good life again. He might relapse into his old-self. But at very least, he has a choice. He's finally free in a way because his past has caught up to him and even tried killing himself. He can now decide whether he can be a good person or not and I do hope he can be better. Like you said, Bojack is neither a good or bad person/horse. He's also not like us, but he has traits that might be related to whatever we do. We'll just hope that our choices are better than his.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Cut the duck
The duck in a pot
Revo wants to dance
Dance 4 times
Move to left
Move to right
Lalalalalalalalala..la..la...

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
revo likes Kingdom Come?! 👀

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
revo likes Kingdom Come?! 👀
Kiki tan :zomg
Not too much into kpop but I listen to Red Velvet sometimes, their songs are very catchy. :nod
As promised, I will leave you some RamuBeru content here. =3=/

^ (lol)

last but not least:

@credits goes to the respect owners.
Any picture of them sharing a red thread makes me emotional more than any other trope of them, aso that one of them flying on brooms is pretty iconic.

*pushes Erika away*.