I'm official now!

Kamui

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2015
Messages
183
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hello MH Community!

My name is Jester IXA, and I have been a huge fan of anime and manga for as long as I can remember. My first anime that I ever watched when I started my journey to becoming a dedicated anime fan, was Angel Beats.
I remember getting pretty emotional at the end of the anime, and I thought it was so good that I decided to look for other anime's to watch. Before I knew it, years went by and I found myself struggling to find a worthwhile anime to watch because I had already finished all of the ones that I found most interesting. I love anime and manga so much I always have to have my "daily dose" of it to get my day really going before I do anything else.

I'm not currently watching any anime at the moment, but I am currently reading lots of mangas and manhwas such as:

Tokyo Ghoul: Re
Soul Cartel
Black Haze
Assassination Classroom
Fuuka
Fairy Tail
Dice
Noblesse
Tower of God
Boku no Hero Academia

And many others! I have been looking for a good place where I can talk to other fellow otaku's about anime and manga, and I think I have found just the right place.
If you guys have any suggestions of some good anime's or manga's I would love to hear them. I'm really looking forward to having a good time and meeting some nice people! See ya!
 
Last edited:

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,044
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm reading BH, Nobless and TOG!

You have a nice taste in comic!
Welcome to MH!!
 

Kamui

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2015
Messages
183
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Thanks! Although I tend to lose track of the plot in some manga's I read since I read so many at a time. :p
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,985
Reaction score
6,622
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Welcome on board.

Was Fukka supposed to be Fuuka? Not that I have read the manga recently, but oh well :XD
 

Kamui

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2015
Messages
183
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Welcome on board.

Was Fukka supposed to be Fuuka? Not that I have read the manga recently, but oh well :XD
Thanks! Sorry for the typo. I enjoy reading Fuuka as a casual kind of pass the time sort of thing while I wait for new chapters to come out for other manga's I'm a bit more active in reading. :^_^
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,985
Reaction score
6,622
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Thanks! Sorry for the typo. I enjoy reading Fuuka as a casual kind of pass the time sort of thing while I wait for new chapters to come out for other manga's I'm a bit more active in reading. :^_^
Don't mind it~
But yeah, have followed Fuuka closely for a while. Right now, I'm around 15 chapters or so behind, if I'm not wrong. It was a transition for me after reading Seo-sensei's previous work, Kimi no Iru Machi.

What kind of anime do you like watching? Since Angel Beats was to your liking, I'd guess you watched drama including anime more. If you are yet to watch it, I can recommend something like True Tears, a drama-romance series that is rather, hm, peaceful. Myself;Yourself would also be considerable.
Well, if this kind of slow paced romance drama isn't your thing, feel free to ask for more.
 

Kamui

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2015
Messages
183
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Don't mind it~
But yeah, have followed Fuuka closely for a while. Right now, I'm around 15 chapters or so behind, if I'm not wrong. It was a transition for me after reading Seo-sensei's previous work, Kimi no Iru Machi.

What kind of anime do you like watching? Since Angel Beats was to your liking, I'd guess you watched drama including anime more. If you are yet to watch it, I can recommend something like True Tears, a drama-romance series that is rather, hm, peaceful. Myself;Yourself would also be considerable.
Well, if this kind of slow paced romance drama isn't your thing, feel free to ask for more.
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll definitely check it out.

But I would say my taste in anime has definitely changed since Angel Beats, I found myself really enjoying more of the darker, horror type anime's like Another. I watched a few episodes of Higurashi and lost track of what was going on pretty early in so I decided to drop it.
Tokyo Ghoul was okay, even though the manga was far beyond what the anime was in almost every aspect.
I'm probably going to re-watch Death Note as well since I also got lost somewhere in between but finished to the end anyway.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,985
Reaction score
6,622
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll definitely check it out.

But I would say my taste in anime has definitely changed since Angel Beats, I found myself really enjoying more of the darker, horror type anime's like Another. I watched a few episodes of Higurashi and lost track of what was going on pretty early in so I decided to drop it.
Tokyo Ghoul was okay, even though the manga was far beyond what the anime was in almost every aspect.
I'm probably going to re-watch Death Note as well since I also got lost somewhere in between but finished to the end anyway.
Oh? I see.
I watched Another, it's one of my all-time favourite. Such a dark anime that implicitly induced horror into me.
So, dark anime, hmm.. I think I can recommend a couple. Shinsekai yori, Zankyou no Terror.. Currently running anime like Ranpo Kitan and Gakkou Gurashi, as well.
The latter is especially interesting, since it starts like a normal moe anime series, before taking a complete twist to become something else. These all have some dark elements that might worth giving a shot.
 

Kamui

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2015
Messages
183
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh? I see.
I watched Another, it's one of my all-time favourite. Such a dark anime that implicitly induced horror into me.
So, dark anime, hmm.. I think I can recommend a couple. Shinsekai yori, Zankyou no Terror.. Currently running anime like Ranpo Kitan and Gakkou Gurashi, as well.
The latter is especially interesting, since it starts like a normal moe anime series, before taking a complete twist to become something else. These all have some dark elements that might worth giving a shot.
Wow I just took a look at Gakkou Gurashi and it looks interesting. My first impression of it was that it really did look like a soft, moe, slice of life anime series. ...That was before I took a quick scan of the first chapter. Looks sure can be deceiving. Thank you for the suggestions, I'll make sure to take a look at the others as well. :)
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,985
Reaction score
6,622
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Wow I just took a look at Gakkou Gurashi and it looks interesting. My first impression of it was that it really did look like a soft, moe, slice of life anime series. ...That was before I took a quick scan of the first chapter. Looks sure can be deceiving. Thank you for the suggestions, I'll make sure to take a look at the others as well. :)
Yep, it really is more than what it first looks. It still has the peaceful moments here and there, but it's a very interesting mix of both (=

You are welcome. Me and my otaku experience over the past few years is at your service~
 

Shojin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2007
Messages
435
Reaction score
319
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hey, welcome to MH!!

Enjoy your stay! ;)
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Hey jester IXA! Is jester your real name or just your old username? So you're a fan of TG going by your Ava?
 

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Oh Angel Beats! eh? Have you checked out other series by the same company Key? They have an ongoing Anime right now 'Charlotte' which could be up your alley judging by your list :nod
 

Kamui

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2015
Messages
183
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh Angel Beats! eh? Have you checked out other series by the same company Key? They have an ongoing Anime right now 'Charlotte' which could be up your alley judging by your list :nod
I'll check it out during my free time, I haven't been able to find any other anime that has touched me as much as Angel Beats, but I'm sure there must be something out there that's similar. Why wasn't there a season two? I was a bit dissatisfied by how it ended. But the anime was godly nonetheless.

Hey jester IXA! Is jester your real name or just your old username? So you're a fan of TG going by your Ava?
Holt! Sorry for the confusion, it's just an old username that I abandoned. :p

Honestly, I'm kind of obsessed with Tokyo Ghoul at the moment, Ishida really knows how to write a good tragedy that actually makes me want to stick around for more rather than run away and wish I could unread what I'd witnessed. (There's a reason why tragedies aren't very popular.) I've seen both seasons of the anime and I was very disappointed by Root A. The alternate route wasn't as interesting I'd expected. That's Studio Pierrot for you. But Tokyo Ghoul:re is getting very interesting, I'm at always at the edge of my seat waiting for the raws to be released. :heh
 
Last edited:

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I'll check it out during my free time, I haven't been able to find any other anime that has touched me as much as Angel Beats, but I'm sure there must be something out there that's similar. Why wasn't there a season two? I was a bit dissatisfied by how it ended. But the anime was godly nonetheless.
Ah right, if you want the really touching stuff, definitely check out the Key series. Clannad is one they did really well, I read it at first instead and it still made me snivel more than any other manga could. And then there is Air. I know about the story but I never dared watching it. A friend of mine said it was the worst of the worst and it would destroy me. I'm too much of a wuss to touch it :XD

There are also the Shinkai Makoto films/shorts, all of which are touching in their own way. The art is beautiful, and the stories are artistically beautiful.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Holt! Sorry for the confusion, it's just an old username that I abandoned. :p

Honestly, I'm kind of obsessed with Tokyo Ghoul at the moment, Ishida really knows how to write a good tragedy that actually makes me want to stick around for more rather than run away and wish I could unread what I'd witnessed. (There's a reason why tragedies aren't very popular.) I've seen both seasons of the anime and I was very disappointed by Root A. The alternate route wasn't as interesting I'd expected. That's Studio Pierrot for you. But Tokyo Ghoul:re is getting very interesting, I'm at always at the edge of my seat waiting for the raws to be released. :heh
I see. So what's the reason behind IXA? Is it an acronym or just something random?

Lol I enjoy the story as well although I have an issue with the names and all. It gets a bit difficult to remember all the names
 

Kamui

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2015
Messages
183
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I see. So what's the reason behind IXA? Is it an acronym or just something random?

Lol I enjoy the story as well although I have an issue with the names and all. It gets a bit difficult to remember all the names
"IXA," is one of the quinque's Arima Kishou wields in Tokyo Ghoul, Narukami being the other. It has an excellent defense since very few ghouls are able to damage it.

I thought it'd be cool to have it as a username since it's short, simple, and all around amazing if you know what IXA is. Unfortunately, that's all there is to it, a name of a weapon from an anime that I like. But now I'm wondering, where did you get your username from Holt? Also, is your avatar from Fate/stay night? I watched Fate/Zero and the first season of UBW, it was good, didn't really like Rin's character, then again, I was never a big fan of Tsundere's. :errr

Ah right, if you want the really touching stuff, definitely check out the Key series. Clannad is one they did really well, I read it at first instead and it still made me snivel more than any other manga could. And then there is Air. I know about the story but I never dared watching it. A friend of mine said it was the worst of the worst and it would destroy me. I'm too much of a wuss to touch it :XD

There are also the Shinkai Makoto films/shorts, all of which are touching in their own way. The art is beautiful, and the stories are artistically beautiful.
Clannad, I heard it was good, but I never got around to watching it for some reason. I'm sure I'll get there eventually.
I'm definitely intrigued by this "Air" anime, I'll have to check it out. After all, no anime but Angel Beats can break me. :3c
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Ah, I remember the quinque now that you mention it. Is arima your fav character?

Don't even remember. A few years back, I chose Holt as a name for a Fifa player mode and I've stuck with it for online/game stuff ever since. It's pretty random but the name grew on me. Yeah it's Gilgamesh from Fate/zero. He's also in UBW but he doesn't use this appearance. So you didn't finish UBW? Shiro and Gil have an epic fight at the end. It's really nice.
 

Kamui

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2015
Messages
183
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yes Arima is one of my favorites, he's one of the most OP humans I'd ever seen in any anime series. On another note, I'm sure I'll get to season two of UBW eventually, but I'm more of a manga reader than I am an anime watcher to be honest. That's probably one of my largest faults since there are so many good anime out there.

I've been thinking about picking up Gintama. I heard it was hilarious and that it makes funny references to other anime's. I thought that'd be next on my bucket list, just to get away from some of the stuff I usually get myself into.
 
Top