Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Innocent
By : Sakamoto Shinichi

Serialized in : Weekly Young Jump (Shueisha)
Genre : Historical

Synopsis:

In 18th century, seeking freedom and equality, the event that become the starting point of modern French society, the French revolution, began. There was one more protagonist that lived within that darkness, Henry Charles Sanson. He was the fourth generation family head of the Sanson Family, and executioner of Paris. This is the history of him nobly facing such harsh fate.

By the mangaka of Kokou no Hito

MattC302

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I loved Kokou no Hito, so I've been looking forward to this ever since it was first announce. And I enjoyed it even more than I thought I would. Amazing art too. I can't wait for volume 2.

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Kurihara Rui (Japanese model/actor) going to portray Henry Charles Sanson for upcoming Innocent vomic. Personally, he looks like real-life version of Henry.

http://natalie.mu/comic/news/106618

MattC302

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Volume 2 is out.

Interesting volume. It seems the Charles as steeled himself to take over as head of the family, but only so he can end the family line with him. It felt kind of sudden given how wimpy he's been so far, but I guess his dad telling him to go die while banging his mom had a profound effect on him...

There were a few things that I found unintentionally funny in this volume. One was the faces Charles and his dad made when he was watching his parents screw. Another was when Damienss scooped up Charles onto the horse. He looks like a fair princess or something. Also, when Marie-Jean Becu said that if she was to be executed, she would want it to be done by Charles...and she was like 40 years later...Though that irony was probably intentional.

Speaking of Marie-Jean Becu, she seems like she could be an interesting and important character. I wonder what kind of interactions she will have with Charles, if any(until he executes her). I also found Charles' little sister, Marie-Joseph, to be intriguing. Both at the beginning of the book showing the family tree, and when she is introduced into the story in this volume, her info box is scribbled through where it would normally say her future fate/title/achievement. I'm not familiar with the real history, so I'm interested to see why that is kept hidden. She's also interesting in her own right, seeing how smart and potentially violent she is. I think she will be an important character.

Anyway, not that it needs to be said, but the art in this volume was incredible. Sakamoto Shinichi's art just keeps getting better and better. I'm already looking forward to volume 3.

kewl0210

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
I caught up with the raws of this the other day. I should be getting to translating V3 in the next week or two depending on when Utopia Scans does a digital scan of it. I really like the way this series has been going. I can't quite describe the feel to it all that well. But you feel for the dramatic parts where it's trying to sort of examine a dark side of humanity, but also it has those sort of bizarre scenes which are I think intended to be both dramatic and funny. Like it's trying to have this contast of the pomp of the Pre-revolutionary France era with all of its nobles living comfortably with a sort of madness in them to preserve their family honor and reputations. Then there's the contrast of that with the common folk, dying and such. A lot of people are seemingly pretty crazy. And then there's Charles who "maintains his innocence" despite this crazy world around him and his ideas clashing with the fate he's thrown into.

Marie-Joseph kinda becomes a secondary protagonist later on. The conflicts increase and the story expands, and I've found it really enjoyable so far.

battle angel

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Peru
http://raw.senmanga.com/Innocent_(Sakamoto_Shinichi)/
you can find the manga until the last chapter...I`m really in love about the stoy, the art is really good...plsss I need the translations....I want to know about the guy with black and white hair

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

I need the transations!!! :(

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada
On the Japanese information program, called 5-ji Kara Muchuu!, there is a corner (which run by Nakase Yukari (Japanese commentator/editor)) introduce Yukari's monthly top 3 best entertainment (like movie, non-fiction, and even manga).

For this month's top 3, she chose Innocent as second best entertainment for this month.