Discussion Intelligence in Nanatsu No Taizai

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by OtakuFreak, Dec 7, 2018.

1. sobreno

sobreno Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Djibouti
    Dunno about that theo guy but Ghouls and Humans United because they had a common enemy to defeat.

Common trope.

Meliodas and NNT didn't had that chance at all. Not a third party stronger than both Demons and Goddesses in order for them to unite and cooperate.

Code geass? Lelouch literally did what Mel did by betraying his old comrades in order to achieve the zero requiem for the greater good.

Same logic for Mel, he wanted to work toward a plan for the greater good but he didn't had the same chance as Lelouch because both the SD and the DK surprisingly allied themselves in order to literally kill him lol.

2. Gallon

Gallon Artichoke

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    The most intelligent is Merlin.
    The least intelligent is Hawk.

Eternita, BurlapJack, eefrit and 3 others like this.
  3. kaiiruuu

kaiiruuu Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Philippines
    No doubt t the most intelligent is Gowther. He's literally a living AI and his memory can store lots of information. Merlin is more like wise because she can understand situations and deduce what's happening right off the bat.

I agree with Elizabeth not being that intelligent, she let's her pacifist nature and feelings to get ahead of rational thinking.

Runner ups are Melascula, for deducing quickly the nature of Ban's Hunter Fest + her intelligence stalled the sins for a while.

Dumbest ones would include Diane. But I like her character and she's thicc so she gets a free pass LOL.

Second would be Meliodas, same reason with @Arjuna.

Another one would be the DK. Yeah, share almost half of your power to your creation without thinking of its consequences. Plus, pick someone who betrayed your whole clan as the next DK, instead of someone who's so ever-loyal (Zeldris).

I'd also add Deri for just realizing Elizabeth's genuine motive after 3 fudgin thousand years. Plus her stupidity caused someone as nice as Monspiet to meet his demise.

4. Gallon

Gallon Artichoke

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    Doll Gowther has the same intelligence as OG Gowther, and the former was shocked to see that his nerve manipulation was not working on a skeleton...
    OG Gowther has already noted that Merlin's pace of learning things is insane. She's likely the more intelligent one.

Seven777 and lindananahayashida like this.
  5. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

India
    Bro try to look at this apart from favouritism part.I like Meliodas too but that doesn't mean I don't see his faults.

Lelouch never joined his enemies after becoming the Emperor of Holy Britannia Empire.If Meliodas became the DK and forced the ordinary Demons and Goddesses to join against him like Lelouch did then it would have been like Lelouch.

Whatever he did it led to his clan's ultimate defeat and near destruction.

mandark and lindananahayashida like this.
  6. Shadowlord123

Shadowlord123 Registered User

Spain
    Merlin and OG Gowther are overall the smartest for obvious reasons. Fraudrin is probably up there. As for the most stupid character, I can't decide at the moment since it depends on many factors.

7. kaiiruuu

kaiiruuu Registered User

Philippines
    Yeah, that's why Merlin is a class on her own. She's wise in the sense that it encompasses knowledge, intelligence, experience and the like.
    ((i've always thought of intelligence as broad knowledge about things, and wise as the more superior because it's how you apply knowledge on different scenarios))

8. Kay3795

Kay3795 Registered User

Nigeria
    Intelligence is not how much science, maths, economics you know in comparison to the rest of the world; Intelligence is simply determined by one's application of knowledge.

9. Estarossa173

Estarossa173 Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United States
    And then nakaba decided to have melascula an idiot by going out in front of the sins and transforming into a giant fucking snake. Whatever intelligence she had went out the fucking window.

BurlapJack and eefrit like this.
  10. T25

T25 Registered User

United States
    Where does the dk himself factor into your “becoming dk and negotiating with the gc is the intelligent thing to do”?

11. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India
    DK will have gone to retirement if Meliodas became the DK.

12. sobreno

sobreno Registered User

Djibouti
    It is still a mystery why he actually want that much a successor where the SD doesn't.

13. T25

T25 Registered User

United States
    Why do you think that’s true? You have been given enough information to question this. I have seen this reason quite enough. Seems that many don’t put much thought into the fact that the dk is a character and not a rock. He wants Mel because he was “wicked and strong.” So much so that he fought the prospect that Mel didn’t fit this description in emo Mel’s attempt to return and in the stripping of mels emotions, yet he would allow a successor that would completely go against this criteria he set without so much as lifting a finger? Something he’s already shown he will fight against. Is that so?

14. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India
    Do you think if Meliodas became as strong as DK would he listen to his father?

Or would there be any reason to listen to his father? Instead of doing the utter stupidity he did like betraying his Clan he should have become the DK.

With his Original Magic and if he absorbed the Commandments even DK won't stand a chance against him.

15. kaiiruuu

kaiiruuu Registered User

Philippines
    Well Meliodas did break through her dark cocoon. I dont blame her because, even I would lose my shit

16. T25

T25 Registered User

United States
    Listen to him? Would he only talk?

Would the dk allow a power like that to rise? Does mels magic guarantee a win over the dk for him? You see, you saw what one action resulted in, so you come up with something opposite and say it would work. Is that the case though? If you were at the crossroads of a choice, you wouldn’t necessarily know the outcome one would have over the other. You say Mel’s choice was stupid because you saw it’s result, but did you see the result of the other?

I would like to know more of the details regarding his betrayal before I make conclusions, but I cannot find choosing to fight for someone that held peace for both sides in her heart stupid, regardless of the effectiveness.

17. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India
    Is not DK allowing Meliodas to absorb the commandments?

We already saw how his emo state could destroy Dk's hands.

So him with 10C+OgMagic Vs 50% DK,DK would get crushed.

Even a child would know(which Meliodas didn't) that the strongest fighter joining the enemy would mean an utter eradication of his people, especially they already had Mael and now Meliodas too.

lindananahayashida likes this.
  18. lindananahayashida

lindananahayashida Registered User

Bangladesh
    What if,
    Only emo = Awaken => OGM

&
    DK > No OG (10C) mel
    (DK > 10C Sinner)

So even if,
    DK = Mel
    In control = DK (ex.) => If needed

19. Mighty Escanor

Mighty Escanor Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Australia
    I really like to see how you always try to prove Elizabeth is the most brilliant, most powerfull, most etc. when she is still a useless character lmfao.

However, the most intelligent character has always been OGowther.

Least intelligent: Waillo.

20. T25

T25 Registered User

United States
    He is. After he stripped a great deal of his emotions.

Yes Mel destroyed his hands. Could he do it again just as easily? Is that the extent of the dks ability?

I’m a bit older than a child and I am saying that your statement is inaccurate. You make it sound like their strongest fighter is their only fighter. Losing your strongest does not mean the betrayed side would be eradicated. Especially when said strongest did not fight to eradicate and actually obstructed such an occurance. They had mael but they still didn’t really have mel. Eli had mel.

Why are so many things rendered to a simple kindergarten level addition problem where it has no business being used as such?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.