Support International groups stealing scan for there own

jide

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2007
Messages
303
Reaction score
160
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Recently I’ve just scanlated Gantz 295, while looking at the quality of other scans like I usually do I found that the group Frikitzuki No Fansub and Whiplash Edited Mangas used my scan without permission. It’s so easy to spot buy looking at each page, all they done is put a different filler over it and credit themselves. :/
 

SoulReaporKoul

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2007
Messages
86
Reaction score
82
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I would suggest you contact them directly and either tell them to stop using your scans (if you don't want them to use your scan) or ask them to credit you in their credit page. If after you've made your request they refuse to do so then ban on mangahelpers.
 

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
I'll check on that matter :)
 

kanapox

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 31, 2008
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Recently I’ve just scanlated Gantz 295, while looking at the quality of other scans like I usually do I found that the group Frikitzuki No Fansub and Whiplash Edited Mangas used my scan without permission. It’s so easy to spot buy looking at each page, all they done is put a different filler over it and credit themselves. :/
Most of the Edited Manga groups in Spanish do the same thing. They just clean the easy texts in English (only if they are in a bubble), put away the credits page in English and then add their own credits page. Even one of my works (Paradise Residence ch1) was targeted by them, the funny thing is that I make dual releases of that series in Spanish and English. Oh boy... that people is so dumb. Of course, there are also honest groups in Spanish who clean their own raws, but they also suffer from the same stealing, so they have to add a water mark on each page in order to make them desist.

Anyway, back to Gantz, that's one of the most worked series by international groups. The most popular page in Spanish where they lurk is SubManga. This is the section for Gantz:

http://submanga.com/manga/Gantz

Gee, 27 groups doing the same thing! That's sick...

Just check them out, there may be more groups stealing your work.

Ciao!
 

jide

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2007
Messages
303
Reaction score
160
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Most of the Edited Manga groups in Spanish do the same thing. They just clean the easy texts in English (only if they are in a bubble), put away the credits page in English and then add their own credits page. Even one of my works (Paradise Residence ch1) was targeted by them, the funny thing is that I make dual releases of that series in Spanish and English. Oh boy... that people is so dumb. Of course, there are also honest groups in Spanish who clean their own raws, but they also suffer from the same stealing, so they have to add a water mark on each page in order to make them desist.

Anyway, back to Gantz, that's one of the most worked series by international groups. The most popular page in Spanish where they lurk is SubManga. This is the section for Gantz:

http://submanga.com/manga/Gantz

Gee, 27 groups doing the same thing! That's sick...

Just check them out, there may be more groups stealing your work.

Ciao!
Damn just checked it, maybe I should start thinking of watermarking pages from now on, just to be safe.
 

thefolenangel

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
419
Reaction score
1,523
Gender
Hidden
Country
Bulgaria
Watermarking? That's gross! You want to be like Binktopia? <_<
 

jide

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2007
Messages
303
Reaction score
160
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Watermarking? That's gross! You want to be like Binktopia? <_<
Don't worry I chosen not to go to that level yet! XD

oh btw thanks bax for sorting that out for me. :)
 
Top