Introducing Aspiring Writer and Manga Fan

SilverLugia345

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 16, 2017
Messages
25
Reaction score
41
Age
34
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

So I just joined this site and wanted to introduce myself, I just don't know where to begin since when it comes to manga and such there is just so much. lol

Well first off, my name is Kimberly, though because of my username I am also called Silver online. ^^ I'm 25 years old (turned 25 July 9th ^_^), also a recent college graduate. I just obtained my bachelor's degree in Creative Writing. My next goal is to work towards my Master's Degree in Creative Writing. I've written a few scripts, and flash fiction pieces (though nothing has been published yet). I've even taken a class on how to write for comics and mangas, which was a really fun class.

I have been a manga fan for a long time and have read countless titles. Some of the titles I'm currently reading are My Hero Academia, Toriko, One Piece, Detective Conan, Nanbaka, Detective Academy Q and many more. One of my goals as a writer is to be able to write stories that I hope i would be able to turn into mangas one day. So far I've gotten about 6 titles and stories started but until I can work with an artist I can only continue to develop the stories and map them out more. I'm hoping that by joining this site I might be able to find an artist to work with especially if the artist finds any of the stories interesting enough to work on. I've also read manga/comics from Webtoons as well.

Well, besides being a manga fan, I'm also a video gamer and a anime fan. Some of my favorite video games are visual novel type stories (like ones created by Voltage Entertainment), Persona series, Legend of Heroes, Legend of Zelda, Fire Emblem, Tales of, and many more. While some of my favorite anime are My Hero Academia, Kuroko No Basket, Prince of Stride, Nanbaka, Toriko, Food Wars, and many more.

Thank you. ^^
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Welcome to Mangahelpers Silver :amuse I hope you enjoy your time here.

Another writer! The more the merrier I say. I can't really ask you the mandatory "What's your favourite anime and/or manga series" question because you've already answered it :XD
 

SilverLugia345

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 16, 2017
Messages
25
Reaction score
41
Age
34
Country
United States
Thank you. ^^

That's why sometimes I list my favorite mangas and animes right off the bat. When I'm usually asked that question the sometimes I'll answer "I have just too many favorites that i can't list what my favorite series is". I've read so many mangas and watch so many animes its just not possible. lol Actually anime and mangas help with my inspiration for the stories that I want to write.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Aye. Manga has often given me inspiration for stories as well. You're in luck for joining us this week actually.

Mangahelpers hosts Weekly Art Contests in our Art and Stories Section. It just so happens that this week's contest was put up this morning. It's a Dystopia themed Short Story Contest. The last contest is also open for voting.

Other art based areas of the forum are the Artist Galleries Section, and for Writers there is the Fanfics and Stories Forum.

If you have any other questions I would be happy to help :)
 

SilverLugia345

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 16, 2017
Messages
25
Reaction score
41
Age
34
Country
United States
Awesome! Thank you for sharing those. I will definitely check them out. It's great to see those contests and to read other stories. Sadly I can't draw at all, my drawing is awful. ^^; So that's why I'm hoping that becoming part of these communities I can see different artworks, meet/talk with other members and maybe work with an artist to create a few mangas. It would be great to publish something on webtoons and such.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I can't draw very well either. I'm a Writer myself and a Photographer. I just use the MH Album as you gallery in my signature. But more people participating in contests is only a good thing. And participation means points for the Artist Leaderboard :)
 

SilverLugia345

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 16, 2017
Messages
25
Reaction score
41
Age
34
Country
United States
I do have one question. I know that there is a short stories section but would that also be a good place to share some stories that I've thought up for mangas? Of course I would convert the formatting to short story for the thread. I've just looking for ways that I could receive feedback and improve the stories more before trying to put them into a manga format.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
The Fanfics and Stories forum covers any and all types of Writing.
 
Top