Archived - Introduction Thread - Part 1 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Archived Introduction Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Though some of us first came here already knowing each other, let's do an Introduction thread just in case we have some new shinobi and kunoichi coming here.

Let's do it like Kakashi's idea. Ya know, tell us a little about yourselves. Your favorite things, what you hate most, dreams, ambitions, hobbies, things like that.

I'm Gold Knight and a working photographer (usually sports), and definitely a Narutard. I'm from a Southern state in America and I'm 25 years old. My dreams for the future is to become a world-travelling photographer and successful comic book artist in my spare time. I hate lima beans, and I like to draw and photograph a lot.

My favorite characters in the Naruto series are Kakashi, Naruto, and Shikamaru. In recent chapters a new character appeared that I'm fascinated with, Yamato.

Now, it's your turn, starting with you on the right. :smile-big

Last edited:

murmel

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Re: Introduction Thread

Yoyo! I'm Simon Gottschlag. 15 years old and from Sweden! ;o
My hobbies are mountainbiking, manga/anime, other movies/series and of course my friends!
I hate.. nothing really.. I don't like to hate. :o
I like most of the things. Especially food, training and chicks! ;)

I'm also Co-owner of a Death Note community, hosted by Mangahelpers. Thanks! =)

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Welcome to MH, Simon!  :thumbs

Love Death Note.

MaggeuS

Intl Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France

Hello :)
I'm Benjamin Feireisen, from France, and i'm 19. I'm a student in a Physics university, at Paris.
I'm a fan of many shonen, like Naruto, One Piece or Bleach...
What I like ... Mmm ... I just want Naruto 4 on GC now especially ... ^^ Mmm ... I like Counter strike source for exemple, video games in fact ... And English :p And mangas !!!!!!
I'm also a English / French translator, i just begin, so if you want to know something in french, tell me !
For the future : I want to be a researcher in Quantic Physics ;)

My favorite character in Naruto is ... Naruto. hehe :) I love Sasuke and Sai too ^^
Well, see ya !

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Glad to have you both here Simon and Benjamin.  :)

Thanks for the offer Benjamin, I definitely would like to learn a little French.  I suppose we should have a Languages subforum here too.  I'll get to that momentarily.

Edit - ...and it's created!  :knk  You can now teach and learn languages here.

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Japan

I guess I should give a little intro about myself...
I'm NJT, I started watching Naruto around two years ago and started translating about a year and a half ago. I've lived in japan for a little over 2 years (plus 3 trips of 3 months each which would probably make it 3 years :p ) I'm married to a Japanese girl and I have a very beautiful daughter :). Right now I'm studying for the JLPT 1 which I'll be taking on the 4th of next month (december). So wish me luck ;).

My favorite things... would be earning money, working on sites, translating and playing 2d fighting games with an opponet that is worthy :D. My favorite fighting game is MvsC2 and Streetfighter zero 3, My favorite character is Dan Hibiki. My favorite Naruto character is Lee.

What I hate most, is people acting high and mighty to other people just because they can do something someone else can't. For no reason should anyone look anyone down, so don't be a prick. Keep in mind though, there are times where you should help people and in helping that doesn't mean doing everything for the person since that person needs to learn their own way and not always rely on help... since that's how we learn by trial and error. So find a good Balance between helping others and letting the person do things on their own :).

My dream, to open many businesses and hopefully become very wealthy and live a life that I've only seen in my dreams....

My hobby is a lot like what I like to do, so yeah nothing more on that. Let me tell you about the kind of schedule I run so you'll know when to catch me.
I work 1-9:30pm Monday- Saturday (jp time) My off days are wednesday and sunday. I've taken up a part time job on Wednesday so I work from 7-9 then after that from 9-12/1 I study with a friend from england and two Japanese girls that I work with. I'm a teacher in a private "cram aka juku" school where I teach English to ages 3-17 (sometimes adult conversation class too.)

My school not only teaches, but creates and sells learning material. Our prime product is Kamishibai(a story board type picture where you see a picture on the front and you have the words to the story on the back), in which I occastionaly have to go to various places in Japan, Shibuya, Shinjuku etc to give performances. My school also does a bunch of events where we(the teachers and I) have to create lots of activities and pretty much do an all day event with games food and all that jazz.

I also run(er used to, ending this month) a tutor service at udanstraight.com. Where I taught Japanese which I have done so for nearly 2 years :). The reason I'm closing it down is because I want to put more effort into my various sites and help the community a bit more. All for free.
So in short, at any given week I work an average 45 hours. I have a wife and a baby that I often neglect to take care of my sites, so forgive me when I do neglect sites to spend time with them ;).

Then on top of the working time and family time, I help other people trouble shoot things they don't know how to do, help them understand weird japanese sentences and give them feed back on their translations. I'm also an active member in many forums. And finally since there is a test I must take this december, a lot of my normally would be free time has been spent studying.

So-- you can see that in a week my time is extremely short, but I still try to do as much as I can. Thanks for taking the time out and reading this, and I hope you enjoy your stay. :ossu

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Awesome intro, NJT. Puts mine to shame. :D

Zenith

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Really long but nice intro NJT. I used to visit udanstraight.com frequently a few months ago. Anyway, time for me to give some info about myself.

Well, i'm Zenith. I'm a Narutard as well...duh~ I'm an average Chinese guy living in Malaysia. I'm 20 currently and doing my degree in computer science. What do i do during my free time? Playing DotA or updating my personal blog. Other than that, it's the usual Naruto-related stuff of course. I want to learn to understand the Japanese language more coz i want to be able to read Japanese characters and of course - translate the Japanese manga raws!

Okay..what else? My favourite character in Naruto...hmm..take a guess (see sig :p)Oh yeah, i clean for Shannaro as well. And i love to read Bleach and Yakitate! Japan too.

Finally... I hate programming! :darn

Kepa

Reaction score
Country
Belgium

pfeh intro threads... I always suck at writing a resume of my life :P

anyway, I'm Kepa...soon to be 20 (this christmass)
naruto, bleach and one piece are what fill my thurst for funny shonen action.... and I'm here checking out this new forum back from my home in Belgium :)

when I'm not having fun I'm at school, university of hasselt, studying biomedicine... and eh... I like beer?

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada

I'm DZ of NF :nuts

I'm 16 years old.

I dream of: ice cream

My fave stuffies: food, strawberry lollipop, manga, anime, music, my stuffed teddies and dolls, internet, spamming, NF forum, etc.

I hate: flamers :mad....belhlehlheler;lkgjrELGHN

Hobbies: drawing, playing guitar, listening to music, posting on NF, watching TV, etc.

My favourite characters: Asuma and Kurenai pwnz joo all. RAWR! :nuts
OOOH! And Yamato!! *spazzes*

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Japan

Zenith said:
I used to visit udanstraight.com frequently a few months ago.
Why did you stop?!?! :cry

Nice introductions fellas :D
It's a pleasure having you here, and I'll try and make the site look better to you all~

Suyolak

Hmm...
My name is Cyrus.
I like mint ice cream.
I dislike cheese.
I'm better at expressing myself through actual discussions and not introductions...
I dream of....hmmm...

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Welcome Zenith, Kepa, DZ, Cyrus, and Matt. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Hoping for some snow here soon.

Amaethon

Reaction score
Country
United States

I am exactly the 100th member to join. ^_^

Thanks for the welcome, Phil. I'd like to see some of your pictures some time - do you have a Deviant Art?

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Congrats on being our 100th member, heh.

I tried to sign up for a deviantart account once and never got an activation e-mail but that was months ago.  I might consider trying to start one again sometimes.

Most of my recent photographs are owned by the agency I work for, anyway.

I post drawings at NF whenever I can, I put up a Yamato piece in the art forum awhile ago. Check it out if you're interested. ^_^

Meijin no Kori

Hello!
I'm Tim, and I'm 15 years old (birthday: July 2nd). I live in Southeastern Michigan, and yes I do have a little snow on the ground right now.  ^_^
My likes include manga and anime (of couse), writing, playing video games, and Editing.
My favorite foods include spaghetti, mac & cheese, pizza, Chinese (specifically almond chicken), and salad (with Italian Dressing). My favorite desserts include New York cheescake, pumpkin pie, carrot cake, and mint ice cream (w/o chocolate chips). My favorite resturants include KFC, Arby's, Wendy's, Olive Garden, and TGI Fridays.

My favorite manga series include Death Note, Bleach, One Piece, Whistle!, Detective Conan/Case Closed, Chrno Crusade, and Beet the Vandel Buster. I am currently reading Naruto, Death Note, Bleach, and One Piece.

My favorite anime include the anime counterparts of the above manga series, FMA, Ghost in The Shell, and Inuyasha. I'm not really watching any anime right now.

My favorite characters include:
Naruto: Zetsu, Sasori, and Deidara.
Bleach: Hitsugaya, Kon, and Yamichika
One Piece: Nami and Usopp
Death Note: Near and L, I suppose
Beet The Vandel Buster: Beet
FMA: Ed and Roy Mustang
Detective Conan: (Dub Nanes): Conan and Richard Moore
Chrno Crusade: Chrno/Chrono
Inuyasha: Sesshomaru and Shippou

My dislikes include people who like to flame and spam forums, and people who act like they're better than everyone else. Just listen to each other's opinions and peacefully decide who's right. There's no need to start yelling and insulting people when you don't like what they said. Also, admit when your wrong. Yes, nobody likes being wrong. But admitting it is better than you just keep on saying those false statements all over the place.

In school, I'm currently taking Spanish 1, so I guess I could teach you all a little Spanish when I have the time. However, I have my Edited Manga to finish, and it's Thanksgiving, so I probably won't do that today.

And well, I guess that's pretty much it. I like the new forum and I hope its popularity will grow. :amuse

MaggeuS

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
France

Yay ! A spanish one ! I studied Spanish before, but i wasn't good :(
And someone who saw Chrono crusade ( i didn't see it, :cry: ) !!
At least, you should try Bleach in anime, it's a very good one :)

Amaethon

Reaction score
Country
United States

I can try to teach some Italian, since I'm in Italian 1.

Good to see you MnK! Or do you mind if I call you Tim?

Meijin no Kori

MaggeuS said:
Yay ! A spanish one ! I studied Spanish before, but i wasn't good :(
And someone who saw Chrono crusade ( i didn't see it, :cry: ) !!
At least, you should try Bleach in anime, it's a very good one :)
I know the Bleach anime is good, and I do watch it. All of those manga series I mentioned, I've seen the anime of except Chrno Crusade. I just haven't had time to watch it (and I don't have it right now).

Y espanol es feliz. No es dificil (And Spanish is easy. It's not dificult.) Although, I suppose learning words in pairs of opposites (bonita y feo/pretty and ugly) and memorizing the verb endings helps. I haven't really touched on sentence structure and past/future tenses of words yet, though. But overall, Spanish is fairly easy. It's just hard to keep it all memorized, at least when you don't use it. Ultimately, though, I suppose it depends on the person and their teacher.

¡También, feliz el día de gracias de acción, todo el mundo! :amuse
Also, happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Edit: (@Giro) No, I don't mind at all.

kool-ka-lang

Reaction score
Country
United States

OH SWEET!!!!I'm numbah 120!

Status
Not open for further replies.