Archived - Introduction Thread - Part 1 | Page 97 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Archived Introduction Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Re: Introduction Thread

Hi Chris, Welcome to MH!
You should thank your friend for introducing you to Bleach. :D
Feel free to check out other titles that we got here at MH. See you around the forum, ok? :D

:Kasumi:

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Well here's another newbie ^^

My real name is Emma, I'm known as Emma. Nice to meet you!
I'm a poor ol' student who dislikes Maths and tends to generally suck at sports - I do like playing volleyball and badminton though.

As for manga/anime, I'm into Evangelion, xxxHOLiC, TRC, X/1999, Tokyo Babylon (okay, pretty much everything by CLAMP) and I still think Excel Saga is one of the funniest anime ever. Me also likes Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Escaflowne, Peacemaker Kurogane, Ouran High School Host Club and there's plenty more stuff I can't remember right now. And I hate Yagami Raito with a passion (why did L have to die? T_T)

A friend of mine has tried to convert me to Narutoism but failed miserably, so... sorry about that? *runs for cover*

I like science - I would like to be a cellular/molecular biologist, or a geneticist (and then I shall conduct evil experiments... mwahaha).

I guess that's all for now!

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Hi Emma
I'm glad you found your way here to the Intro Thread. Imo, you don't have to be good at sports, unless you make a living out of it. It's basically a game, so as long as you have fun doing it, you're alright. :D
You're an EVA fan? That's awesome! Oh, i think you're gonna need math if you wanna be a biologist or genetics expert. :D If you have any problem/question with the site, you can send a pm to any Global/Admin. See you around the General Section! :D

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

hi chris from Singapore and Emma!!

have fun slacking through your break, Chris, and good luck with your evil experiments, Emma :XD

and have fun here :amuse

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
Reaction score
Country
United States

>.> I haven't checked this thread in awhile, so I'm going to (once again) make a big, blanket, "Welcome to MH~!" statement for everyone :amuse If anyone ever has any questions, feel free to send me or any other global or admin a PM and we'll help ya out ;)

Azurel

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

hey, i'm new here.. so.. here's my intro

i'm chris from singapore (i wasn't born here though, migrated 7 odd years ago).
i haven't read manga for ages until my friend introduced me to bleach last year. the past few months, i've been reading over 20 mangas now, my favourite being bleach, d.gray-man, beck, skip beat!, one piece, nana, Mx0 (and probably a few more)

right now i'm a university student (and slacking my way through the long break now (: ). i wish i could draw well to be able to draw manga character.. (but sadly, my artistic talent is severely lacking)

glad to meet you guys...
hiya Chris! ~ Welcome to MH! Hope you enjoy yourself here.

And yep, I'm from Singapore too :amuse

Nakuru

Reaction score
Country
Germany

Hi there!
Since I'm new around here I thought introducing myself would be a nice idea ^^~
So, here we go:

My name's Nakuru or Jen/ni/fer and I'm 14 years old. [4 more moths till 15 <3~]
Actually I'm from Germany, but right now I'm working on my idea of an exchange year to the USA in 2009/2010.

I like travelling, cookies, reading, writing [mainly FanFictions], drawing, hanging out with friends, listening to music, rain, snow, Asia[east], asian Food, surfing through the internet, Badminton, Basketball, fangirling at times (everyone has to be crazy sometimes, no? If I weren't I'd be thoroughly depressed) and many other things. [Hobbies included!]

In turn, I could quote Sasuke as in "There are tons of things I dislike", but since he lately counts to those things as well I won't. I don't like Germany, and cocoa (actually I like it, but afterwards I always feel like I'm going to vomit) I suck at science and there's much more, but since whining and flamers are part of it I better not elaborate^^;

Well, I love Naruto & I adore Masashi Kishimoto as well as
I hate not being able to make my own decisions [as in "you're not even 16, so you can't pick up a real part-time job; go deliver some papers or something" & "you're not 18 yet, so you can't have your own apartment or experience real work or real life. "
I probably just lack patience u__u]

Dreams/Ambitions.. Well, first of all I'm looking forward to my exchange year. After that and as soon as I'm old enough I plan on moving into my own aparment (maybe with some friends so I can afford it), finish school and then either work abroad as an au pair for one to two years or start studying. I'd like to live and work in the USA or Japan one day.

Well, regarding animes/mangas:
I'm interested in Naruto, Death Note, CLAMP, Kaori Yuki, Chrno Crusade, .hack// and others I can't recall at the moment |D''.
I despise Yaoi as much as I'm fond of Yuri X3;
[There's one ItaNaru Pic on my PC, though, and.. well, let's just say, there are some exceptions >///<]
Lately I'm only reading Naruto and Death Note, though.
I always wanted to try out Bleach, but somehow I never did.

Favorite Naruto Characters:
all except:
Karin, Orochimaru, Sasuke, Sound 5 [Tayuya and Sakon excluded], Konoha Council and that former mentor of Sai (I can't remember the latters that well...)
And some I neither like nor dislike. [Kurenai, Azuma etc.]

Well, that's it I think xD. Hopefully I didn't overdo it xD.
Greetz

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

hi Nakuru :amuse

where in the US do you want to study? That should be fun, I have friends who were exchange students here and had a great time. So good luck with that!

anyway welcome to MH!! and have fun!! :D

Adam_xx

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Hey there Nakaru! That was quite an introduction you made. xDD

Enjoy your stay at MangaHelpers, hope to see ya around!

Nakuru

Reaction score
Country
Germany

Well, at first I was like "awww... I want to be positioned somewhere along the east coast or in California!"
But actually, I don't really care as long as I'm positioned somewhere in the US at all xD.
I think Texas might be just as interesting as Florida or Michigan or all other places.
I just hope I won't be too far off, like Iowa; that would probably kinda scare me off.
It would be some entirely different experience, though; and that's always nice, right?

Well, in my application forms I wrote "East coast" as a regional wish, but it's gonna be a big surprise anyway. :amuse

Thank you, by the way!

@Adam_xx:
Ah~! I know xDD.
Thanks ^^

suhi

Reaction score
Country
Palau

Hey! I'm Suhi..
I got here while searching fonts for a friend.
Never knew Manga Editors have such a big community!
I'm a Manga Editor myself. Well.. kinda.. A one-project Manga Editor - I'm doing all the editing-graphics related stuff for Patalliro (a classic shoujo manga). I don't belong to any Edited Manga group (though my translator does :))

Currently I'm obsessed with Death Note. Also in my list of favorite mangas: Yakitate, Basilisk, FMA, Patalliro (duh XD)

*is out to leech a little*

evaJ

Reaction score
Country
Aruba

Hopefully this won't be spamming, but to the_hellbringer, PaperYomiko, Ichimaru Gin n Tonic: Thanks for the warm welcomes :D

And I guess while I'm at it, welcome to all the others signing up as well! Hope it's fun for everyone. I'm out of here [this thread] now. Bye!

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Welcome to Nakuru and suhi (btw, that's a very scary cat on your avatar :XD). I hope you'll be having a great time here, like we all have. And you'll be around in the General Section, this here is where the fun is when there isn't any new RAW and scan. :D

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Nakuru, I'm sure you'll have fun no matter where you go, but being from the East Coast myself, I can tell you that it's pretty fun here, when the weather cooperates :XD

hi suhi!! have fun here :amuse your avatar is creepy!! but that's ok, even six-eyed cats have a place in the world :XD

justice_

Reaction score
Country
Canada

hihi, n-name's justice, real name is serenity, ehhh ummmmm yosh ehhh i'm a girl...18, i luff anime and manga watched a lot of anime and a lot of manga. Most recent crush is on D. Gray Man. mmmmm what else.....i like emoticons on MH~! supa supa kawaii desu ne?
----------------------------
ehhh lemme name some of my fav anime's:
naruto, bleach, samurai champloo, ouran high school host club, full moon, aumanga daioh, and ahh theirs just wayyyyy too many.
-------------------------
some of my fav manga's are:
naruto, bleach, 666 satan, d.gray man, death note, FMA
-----------------------
my hobbies are:
anime, manga, drawing, photoshop(sigs and blah blah), ehhh and sports
--------------
hmmm.....that's about it.....i have a lot more ideas but as you can see i'll consume with all my "ummms" and "uhhhs" :D
:allen
:ramen
:jbya
:hb

juUnior

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Poland

Real name Serenity? For real? :p btw cool name, quite reminds me of .. Sailor Moon :D

justice_ said:
xDxDxD Naruto the best xDxDxD

Welcome to MH :D

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

hi Serenity! That is such a cool name, you're lucky...it's like the ship in Firefly :D
Have fun here :amuse

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

I also have been away from this thread for quite a while (since March, ouch), but I'd like to extend a warm welcome to all the newcomers. Hope you all have a good time here at MH :)

Last edited:

Justice

Reaction score
Country
Canada

hihi, n-name's justice, real name is serenity, ehhh ummmmm yosh ehhh i'm a girl...18, i luff anime and manga watched a lot of anime and a lot of manga. Most recent crush is on D. Gray Man. mmmmm what else.....i like emoticons on MH~! supa supa kawaii desu ne?
----------------------------
ehhh lemme name some of my fav anime's:
naruto, bleach, samurai champloo, ouran high school host club, full moon, aumanga daioh, and ahh theirs just wayyyyy too many.
-------------------------
some of my fav manga's are:
-----------------------
my hobbies are:
anime, manga, drawing, photoshop(sigs and blah blah), ehhh and sports
--------------
hmmm.....that's about it.....i have a lot more ideas but as you can see i'll consume with all my "ummms" and "uhhhs" :D
:allen
:ramen
:jbya
:hb
My names pretty popular, so it seems :D

Status
Not open for further replies.